Bringing your parents to the show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My parents are going. Just not with me. :wink: There was a bit of a mix-up with the ticket sale...I tried to get two GA's for my sister and myself on my computer, while my mother tried for lower seats on her computer at the same time. I had the GA's (entered my delivery method and everything) UNTIL TICKETMASTER ENCOUNTERED A FUCKING INTERNAL SERVER ERROR (I don't think I'll ever get over that one). So I had nothing. Luckily, my mother managed to get two lower-level seats. And when additional shows came up for Toronto, I got two seats as well. But since the ones my mother got were better than the ones I got, I'm taking hers and she's taking mine. It's a pity we couldn't all go together, but oh well.

My parents aren't really into U2, unfortunately... I wish I could take them to a show and convert them, though. LOL!

Off-topic, but your site is awesome, GibsonGirl! Lots of cool stuff on there :up:

I'm also 18, although I'll be 19 by concert time, and I'm going with my dad. It'll be my first U2 concert and his second. I was supposed to go to Elevation with him but ended up with the flu. He didn't even bring me back a t-shirt :madspit: lol.

I'm having issues imagining my dad at a concert, lol. I just can't see it, even though I know U2 is one of his favorite bands.

Sam

I'm bringing my sister to both U2 shows in Denver. She's as big a U2 fan as I am - we're probably about even although we both have different favorites. I think she actually likes more of the new stuff than I do. I'm 30 and she's 27 and we've been fans of U2 since we were both teenagers.

I'd love to bring my dad to the Tampa show, but it has been impossible to find tickets so far. He's not really a fan, but I think he'd be amazed by the show. I bought him the Live Aid DVD for Christmas and he said he loved U2's performance in it.

My mom and I saw them in Dallas for the last tour. I'm hoping to take her to Miami this time (If I can buy some tickets). She's 64! Funny thing about Dallas was that she commented that was the first concert she had been to since Elvis in the 50's!

My parents took me to Popmart when I was 10 years old, and we saw Elevation last time around, and just saw both Anaheim Vertigo shows. We also have GA tickets for both nights in Phoenix. My parents were also at ZooTV.

You can probably guess that I'm considerably younger than most people here.

this thread is awesome!

and have to admit, when I hear about early 40s moms taking their daugthers in their 20s, it makes me think of Paris Hilton saying, "That's hot."

sorry.
:wink:

I'm bringing my mom to Chicago, and she's 55. This will be her first rock concert ever. We've got GA tickets, and I think she's more excited than I am! :D

I took my 60 year old dad for Elevation, Hamilton 10.13.01. LOL he said he didn't know what the hell was going on. :lol: He also thought Shirley Manson from Garbage was a sight.

I am 30, but my parents are pretty young (48, 49), and have been wanting to go because they are jealous they have not been b4 like me!! The day of the general sale for TO my mom and I were online at the same time, with speaker phone on. I managed to get 4 for the monday and 4 for the saturday...poor mom kept getting errors and all that ticketbastard crap...she was so mad, so now...two of my friends don't get to go because I of course had to give two of the Sat night tix to my parents!! Looking forward to it though!!

My follks have gone to several shows with me over the years (they're in their late 50's and early 60's now), but they don't get to come to shows anymore since they complained about not seeing the stage show from our 3rd row seats in the Kingdome for the Stones during the Voodoo Lounge tour. We were so close that we had to go through ten security checkpoints just to reach our seats. Both my best friend and I even got Keith Richards' guitar picks tossed to us. All my mother could think about was that she would have liked to have been further back so she could see the lights!!!! Needless to say, no further invitations to concerts have been issued.

This reminded me of the first time I saw U2, for the Zoo tv tour, and I went with my mom and sister. It was the first time I had been to a concert with general admission and when the people started to push to get closer to the stage, my mom just went with the crowd and I never saw her till the end of the show. She ended up finding a seat in the sadium.

But, yeah I think it's really cool to go to a concert with your parents.

konakitty said:
This reminded me of the first time I saw U2, for the Zoo tv tour, and I went with my mom and sister. It was the first time I had been to a concert with general admission and when the people started to push to get closer to the stage, my mom just went with the crowd and I never saw her till the end of the show. She ended up finding a seat in the sadium.

But, yeah I think it's really cool to go to a concert with your parents.

I'm impressed that your mom went to a ga show--I'd be terrified for my folks--especially my mom. All my mother keeps saying now is, "Aren't you getting a little old for all of this?" Of course my friends and I (we're all married with families) just laugh it off and continue about our plans for road trips and giggling like teenyboppers when we see new photos posted. It's nice now that we're older that we actually have the disposable income to see multiple shows in multiple cities in relative comfort (instead of driving hundreds of miles, camping in our car and eating the free rest stop cookies since we were poor college students).

I don't really think my mom knew what she was getting in to. I was just amazed watching her push forward. She's really tiny. I think she enjoyed the view of the show from the seats than from the floor though.

Back
Top Bottom