Boston IV Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
amerrydeath, that may have been what he was doing. I get confused easily :wink: I had a nice view of the butt grabbing though.. haha

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hug: i hate when that happens! i'd like some taquitos, myself. if only i had a 7-11 around me. the frozen kind i get at the supermarket aren't the same. :(

ooh, or a chicken quesadilla would be nice :hmm:

I knew something was wrong when I cut into it, it was supposed to be shredded beef but had ground beef instead. That's what's happen when you call in your order 5 minutes before closing time. Plus it seemed super spicy, like they put an extra shot of chili powder in it but I was hungry and ate it anyway. Thanks guys. :mad:

I love quesadillas too, plus they’re easy to make. Place an extra large tortilla spread with a little butter in my wok, sprinkle a little shredded colby jack cheese mix on top, then add some chicken that I usually have pre-cooked in the fridge and then a little salsa on the side. Quick, easy, and good.

I really need to go shopping; all I have in the fridge are condiments and some clementines I picked up at the farmers market this weekend. :(

Axver, I've got the end (from when Xmas came on) on video and I've watched it, it was Xmas and Jingle Bells. We Wish You definately happened, the person who mentioned it through my memory off - but I think (no video to double check) it was while Elvis and Santa were on at the close of Mysterious Ways. (To think I almost heard Bono sing "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You...")

You should have seen the look on my face when they did a snippet *before* a song. Legitimately after COBL and during the Vertigo intro. I have a video of that as well. I'll upload in a few days. Axver, has that ever happened before?

Also, little tidbit: Bono forgot the words for Miss Sarajevo and did "Is there a time for kohl and lipstick" instead of "Is there a time for first communion" but recovered with a little catch in his voice to do synagogue/mecca. He was weak on the lyrics in other places too, but what else is new?

And speaking of Miss Sarajevo, before the song, after he did the extravagence/bankrupt/met a girl/wrote a song part, he said something like they'd written it for Pavorati and somebody in the paper today thought he looked like he was putting on a little weight so he was going to sing that part well.

Last edited:
Oh, and after Streets Bono said "you're probably all just thinking about the Patriots winning the Superbowl." (They played at halftime the first time we won in 2002). Funny man he is.

Varitek said:
Axver, I've got the end (from when Xmas came on) on video and I've watched it, it was Xmas and Jingle Bells. We Wish You definately happened, the person who mentioned it through my memory off - but I think (no video to double check) it was while Elvis and Santa were on at the close of Mysterious Ways. (To think I almost heard Bono sing "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You...")

Ah, right. Well, that seems to stack up with this comment on U2Tours.com: "Fans dressed as Santa and Elvis dance on stage during Mysterious Ways, and Bono wishes them a merry Christmas." I take it Bono actually properly sung We Wish You A Merry Christmas rather than just saying "have a merry Christmas"?

The only other instances recorded thus far of Bono singing We Wish You A Merry Christmas are in 11 O'clock Tick Tock in 1982. < /random info >

You should have seen the look on my face when they did a snippet *before* a song. Legitimately after COBL and during the Vertigo intro. I have a video of that as well. I'll upload in a few days. Axver, has that ever happened before?

Yeah, this isn't particularly common but I can dig up some examples of it happening. In fact, Hello, Goodbye has been used in this manner before - 1992-10-03, Miami, before Angel Of Harlem. Another example I caught recently is 1987-12-05, Tampa: Bono snippets a couple of lines of We'll Meet Again and then Edge hits the opening notes of Spanish Eyes. Only Spanish Eyes-associated snippet that I know of.

My favourite examples of a snippet before the song's lyrics begin, over the song's intro would be Resolution And Independence at the start of Streets on 1989-12-26.

Also, little tidbit: Bono forgot the words for Miss Sarajevo and did "Is there a time for kohl and lipstick" instead of "Is there a time for first communion" but recovered with a little catch in his voice to do synagogue/mecca. He was weak on the lyrics in other places too, but what else is new?

I'm not sure whether to use :lol: or :|

Norweigan Wood might have been a legit full song as I think they sang the majority of it. It was, soundwise, comparable perhaps to SHFWILF/In A Little While in the distinctiveness of the second song. He dedicated it to the guy they often dedicate Stuck to who died some years ago, I'm blanking on his name (don't blame me, 2 shows in 28 hours, a kiss from Bono, a farewell for my presence at this tour...) before the most brief remarks I've ever heard say preceding SYCMIOYO: "for my father."

She's a Mystery was no way a full song - they didn't do the chorus melody, just the verses blended into One. Between that and last night One is my favorite song of the tour I guess!

Now to bed as I have to leave for the airport in 3 hours!

Last edited:
Gen. Chat said:
I knew something was wrong when I cut into it, it was supposed to be shredded beef but had ground beef instead. That's what's happen when you call in your order 5 minutes before closing time. Plus it seemed super spicy, like they put an extra shot of chili powder in it but I was hungry and ate it anyway. Thanks guys. :mad:

I love quesadillas too, plus they’re easy to make. Place an extra large tortilla spread with a little butter in my wok, sprinkle a little shredded colby jack cheese mix on top, then add some chicken that I usually have pre-cooked in the fridge and then a little salsa on the side. Quick, easy, and good.

I really need to go shopping; all I have in the fridge are condiments and some clementines I picked up at the farmers market this weekend. :(
:yikes: i hate when crap like that happens. :mad:

i tried making a quesadilla at home once, and it just didn't taste the same. it was good but i was disappointed. :(

oooh, can i have a clementine, please? :hyper: i'll trade you for ummm...something else more substantial that i have in my fridge or pantry. :)

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yikes: i hate when crap like that happens. :mad:

i tried making a quesadilla at home once, and it just didn't taste the same. it was good but i was disappointed. :(

oooh, can i have a clementine, please? :hyper: i'll trade you for ummm...something else more substantial that i have in my fridge or pantry. :)

Well I don’t know these are the candy sweet clementines from Spain that I can only get around this time each year but for you sure I’ll ship some virtual ones right away. I’ll take anything, except Turkey. I threw the last of my “care packages” from Thanksgiving away just the other day. :uhoh:

I took a little nap and now I can’t sleep but I’m catching up on my Christmas shopping while enjoying your tunes. iHome is only $89 at Target? Impossible. Nothing from Apple is that cheap. :wink:

I’m making a list of some of these mixes too, they sound really good and there are lots I don’t have in my collection. I was able to snag Night And Day off of eMule just now; I think it’s the same version. :dance:

Gen. Chat said:
Well I don’t know these are the candy sweet clementines from Spain that I can only get around this time each year but for you sure I’ll ship some virtual ones right away. I’ll take anything, except Turkey. I threw the last of my “care packages” from Thanksgiving away just the other day. :uhoh:

I took a little nap and now I can’t sleep but I’m catching up on my Christmas shopping while enjoying your tunes. iHome is only $89 at Target? Impossible. Nothing from Apple is that cheap. :wink:

I’m making a list of some of these mixes too, they sound really good and there are lots I don’t have in my collection. I was able to snag Night And Day off of eMule just now; I think it’s the same version. :dance:
:hmm: i think those are the ones i like. i don't remember where they're from, though. aside from turkey (although my turkey is deelish, i'm telling ya!! i made it myself) i've got stuff like rice, spaghetti (with homemade sauce of course), chicken, fish, beef, the usual stuff. :drool:

i'm glad you like them! :) if you ever hear anything you don't have, you can just drop me a line and i can send it to you.

ooooh, i'd love to have an ihome, if only i had a newer ipod that had all the connections and whatnot at the bottom instead of the top. :( yeah, my ipod's THAT old. :wink:

I was browsing through last night's setlist party, and noticed the talk of the fan "white out" during One. I would say WAY less than half of the ellipse had a piece of paper (which I think said One). Saying 50 people would be too generous I think. The outer rail may have had more, but I couldn't see too well. It looked rather cheap.. and awkward :|

amerrydeath said:
I thought Bono grabbed his butt because he was paying tribute to Steve Morris (who'd recently left the Boston Globe) and said he'd always given them support and a good kick in the arse.
That is correct.
He said that Morse had given them both support and the occasional kick in the ass and they appreciated both.
Then acted as if he'd just been kicked in the ass.

We Wish You a was a snippet at MW - absolutley. And I would honelsty say that Norwegian Wood qualifies as a full song - Bono signalled to the other to wait a little with the guitar change.

Great show.

Clearly the break brought them into Beantown refreshed and relaxed, cause both shows were tremendous. There wasn't the usual first night standard setlist, wait till the second night for something magic. In fact the first night was probably better this time, which is rare, but both nights they were on top of their game and seemed to really be enjoying themselves.

Sounds like Boston was quite the success! I'm looking forward to the Santa/Elvis clip (dl now).

With the string of one night stands coming up, I wonder what's in store with the order of things... :hmm:

Edit: OMG that video was hysterical! :lmao:

Last edited:
U2Man said:
Hey! What's that about "Norwegian Wood"???? :scratch:

Bono sang it all by himself, all the lights were off except for his spotlight. He had his guitar and except for his usual lyric switch of "I once had a girl, or should I say she once had me" to "I once knew a girl...knew me" it was dead-on. Wonderful unexpected addition. :heart:

Also Bono and Edge were both wearing John Lennon peace pins. He certainly was on their minds.

ramblin rose said:
Two wonderful show. Thank you U2. Sorry about the stream. Just about home.

:applaud:

senore.jpg

And you got Gloria yet again! :angry: :wink:

oliveu2cm said:

Bono sang it all by himself, all the lights were off except for his spotlight. He had his guitar and except for his usual lyric switch of "I once had a girl, or should I say she once had me" to "I once knew a girl...knew me" it was dead-on. Wonderful unexpected addition. :heart:

Also Bono and Edge were both wearing John Lennon peace pins. He certainly was on their minds.

This sounds awesome :up:

Sounds like a show I would love to have attended :drool:

oliveu2cm said:

:hmm: Definitely sounds like it probably should count as a full song ... would love to hear a recording of it!

I couldn't hear it too well over the phone - had OOTS's music stopped completely, and Bono sung it separate from OOTS and SYCMIOYO?

Good morning, Axver! :wink:

I've got a 59-second snippet of Norwegian Wood from ZooTV. Sounds like Edge singing..

Back
Top Bottom