Boston IV Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I just clicked on some of the links that I normally tune out.

Guess what I figured out. (Or at least I am guessing.)

Khanada is a big fan of Duran Duran.

LOL

(The links are there, just click on them and you can learn a lot)

Also learned that QB's dad owns a sweet restaurant with awesome baseball memorabilia. It looks like it would be fun to visit.

Well, enough of my rambling. Time to watch ESPN. :)

Just got back, was totally convinced they were going to play 11 O'Clock when they started Instant Karma. Absolutely fucking incredible show. Only wish they hadn't ended with Yahweh/40, it was kind of a downer after hearing about last night. :drool: :drool:

But GLORIA. And Elvis and Santa Claus running around the ellipse.

amerrydeath said:
Just got back, was totally convinced they were going to play 11 O'Clock when they started Instant Karma. Absolutely fucking incredible show. Only wish they hadn't ended with Yahweh/40, it was kind of a downer after hearing about last night. :drool: :drool:

But GLORIA. And Elvis and Santa Claus running around the ellipse.

LOL, that did sound like quite the scene.

Interesting no mention of Crumbs... nothing spectacular?

I saw Crumbs at Boston 1 in October, and it still fails to impress me. They clearly enjoy playing it, though, and I tried to support that (though my knees were giving at that point in time).

Hey, did anyone mention the Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) snippet?

AND the We Wish You A Merry Christmas snippet? Snippetfest tonight. Damn good ones, too.

amerrydeath said:
Hey, did anyone mention the Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) snippet?

AND the We Wish You A Merry Christmas snippet? Snippetfest tonight. Damn good ones, too.

Oooh, when were these snippets? I know Jingle Bells was during/after Beautiful Day ...

KhanadaRhodes said:

Ha,

I'll admit, I kinda did feel like one. :wink:

There weren't many posts in the party, so I was checking out the other links.

Didn't realize people had blogs linked and all.

I am so impersonal here having no blog.

Hmmmm, what about me is interesting.

My wife has a headache tonight, so I made her an egg and mushroom omelette for dinner.

How's that for personal? LOL

Jamescorymiko said:
My wife has a headache tonight, so I made her an egg and mushroom omelette for dinner.

How's that for personal? LOL
i had a headache earlier, and if someone had made me that... :yuck:

but that was sweet of you :wink:

yeah, that's why 99.9999999% of my blog posts are friend-only, because i don't want just anyone seeing them. :shifty:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i had a headache earlier, and if someone had made me that... :yuck:

but that was sweet of you :wink:

yeah, that's why 99.9999999% of my blog posts are friend-only, because i don't want just anyone seeing them. :shifty:

If someone made me that....:sick:

But... that's what she likes.

it takes all kinds.

I tried bloging, and thought it would be cool to document my thoughts... it lasted about 8 days.

I suck at those type of things.

The audience was practically begging Bono to sing Christmas... I think I counted three signs asking for it.

But now I can't remember which song it was snippeted in. I'm pretty sure both were after Beautiful Day... they MAY have been in Original. I'd ask someone who was not completely blown away and had a better memory. :wink:

Elvis had a beautifully made sign (I was across the catwalk from him, he must have been there at midnight last night to get the spot) that said something along the lines of "It's my dream to sing Can't Help Falling In Love/Love Rescue Me with U2," and then another sign for Christmas.

Jamescorymiko said:
If someone made me that....:sick:

But... that's what she likes.

it takes all kinds.

I tried bloging, and thought it would be cool to document my thoughts... it lasted about 8 days.

I suck at those type of things.
yeah, i guess everyone craves different things. i could go for mexican right now :hmm:

:lmao: yeah, it's just a habit you have to get yourself into i guess.

I was there. Note changes to 2 and 6 - they opened Vertigo with a snippet! And all those xmas baby junkies finally got there wish, then at the end of the xmas snippets he said to Santa in the first row (the one who went on stage with Elvis during Mysterious Ways) "I want 5 million signatures for the one campaign, a fire truck, the end of war, and Edge wants a train set. Also, Norweigan Wood was legitimately more than half a song. And the spotlight during 40 was done by a little blond boy who'd been sitting on the stage the whole song.

I finally heard Crumbs after 6 attempts, plus She's a Mystery which is one of my 3 favorite u2 covers but I never even thought to hope for it because they never would do it...and they did. Great show, great way to say goodbye to them for the tour after being on stage during One last night (more on that later...I've had an exhausting 2 nights), great way for them to say goodbye to Boston, thanking us for seven great nights. I never got WGRYWH or TFT but I'll survive, barely :wink: .

I have video of the end of Christmas Baby and the end of She's a Mystery with decent audio, I'll post later.

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Hello Goodbye (snippet) / Vertigo / Dirty Water (Snippet)
3. Elevation
4. Gloria
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Promised Land (Snippet)
6. Beautiful Day / Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) (snippet) / We Wish You A Merry Christmas (snippet) [I think, unless it was after MW]
7. Original of The Species / Norwegian Wood (Snippet)
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Black Hills Of Dakota (Snippet)
9. Love & Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (Snippet)
11. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America (Snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again (Snippet)
12. Miss Sarajevo
13. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. One / She's A Mystery To Me (Snippet)

ENCORE

16. Until The End Of The World
17. Mysterious Ways
18. With Or Without You

19. Crumbs From Your Table
20. Instant Karma
21. Yahweh
22. 40

amerrydeath said:
The audience was practically begging Bono to sing Christmas... I think I counted three signs asking for it.

Wow, cool. I'd love U2 to play it, though I don't think they will. No song deserves the dubious status of being played just the once - bring it out again! (For the curious: Christmas was played on 1987-12-20 in Tempe, Arizona.)

But now I can't remember which song it was snippeted in. I'm pretty sure both were after Beautiful Day... they MAY have been in Original. I'd ask someone who was not completely blown away and had a better memory. :wink:

:lol: Alright! Sounds like BD was pretty Christmasy.

Thanks for the report, Varitek! Was Jingle Bells included at all, or did BD just have Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) and We Wish You A Merry Christmas?

And was Take Me To The River in Vertigo too? U2Tours.com reported that.

I didn't see Elvis's sign but holy shit, if I had heard Can't Help Falling in Love!!! That's really interesting given that towards the end of Mysterious Ways while Elvis was on the ellipse Bono said "We need a guitar." I went crazy cause I thought something like Party Girl would happen, I didn't dare dream of CHFIL. But then towards the end Elvis made to leave the stage for his spot and Bono went and grabbed him and they talked for a few seconds - who knows if it had anything to do with the sign/setlist.

Yes, Take Me to the River in Vertigo, and there was some weird (I think it was Bob Marley) snippetry in Instant Karma. Edge all of a sudden started playing this very Jamaican tune, and Bono said something with a Jamaican accent (I apologize for my blatant stereotyping here), and then they went back into Instant Karma.

Also, She's a Mystery to Me sounded more like a complete song than a snippet, albeit shortened. What qualifies as a snippet? Edge started playing the actual melody for the song.

Jingle Bells was definitely included, and sorry that I was unclear when I said after BD (I meant sometime in the setlist after BD :lol: ).

Last edited:
amerrydeath said:
Yes, Take Me to the River in Vertigo, and there was some weird (I think it was Bob Marley) snippetry in Instant Karma. Edge all of a sudden started playing this very Jamaican tune, and Bono said something with a Jamaican accent (I apologize for my blatant stereotyping here), and then they went back into Instant Karma.

Ah, yeah, I remember hearing that on the stream! I'd love to know what it was. Considering Bono's fondness for Bob Marley, I'd imagine you're right that it was one of his songs.

Ooops, missed the edit ...

amerrydeath said:
Also, She's a Mystery to Me sounded more like a complete song than a snippet, albeit shortened. What qualifies as a snippet? Edge started playing the actual melody for the song.

Ah, now this is a real pain-in-the-arse area. I often err on the side of caution and list something as a snippet to avoid misleading people into thinking the full song was played. However, cases like this where some of the song was sung and Edge starts playing the melody, they're really tricky. I haven't really been able to formulate anything definite on what constitutes a snippet and I don't know if anyone ever will.

Jingle Bells was definitely included, and sorry that I was unclear when I said after BD (I meant sometime in the setlist after BD :lol: ).

Ah, righto! :)

Dear Santa,

Are you single? :wink:

During Yehwah, bono grabbed his ass and started saying ow (I think.) Sciatic nerve perhaps? I guess he should stretch more before he chases Edge around the elipse during UTEOTW, he was flying!

This was an excellent show, could of used Bad at the end.. but I'm not complaining.

Gen. Chat said:
:( I'm still burping up that chimicanga from dinner. :yuck:
:hug: i hate when that happens! i'd like some taquitos, myself. if only i had a 7-11 around me. the frozen kind i get at the supermarket aren't the same. :(

ooh, or a chicken quesadilla would be nice :hmm:

I thought Bono grabbed his butt because he was paying tribute to Steve Morris (who'd recently left the Boston Globe) and said he'd always given them support and a good kick in the arse. Either way, it was damn funny. :lol: Bono was fantastic tonight, nothing seemed rehearsed, even the One speech seemed fresh and unrehearsed. And mercifully short!

Sometimes was dedicated to Roy Orbison after Bono read a sign saying Dec 6 - remember our friend Roy Orbison.

Back
Top Bottom