Boston IV Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

:hmm: Definitely sounds like it probably should count as a full song ... would love to hear a recording of it!

I couldn't hear it too well over the phone - had OOTS's music stopped completely, and Bono sung it separate from OOTS and SYCMIOYO?

Yes, even though it wasn't complete, I would definitely count it as a full song. It lasted a good amount of time. And Bono did it all by himself. OOTS ended, and the lights went down except suddenly Bono's spotlight was on. He took center stage and just began playign and singing the song. It was a sincere and serious cover, and I can't help wondering if he had practiced it. After he finished, the spotlight went out, it was dark, and then lights on again for the next song.

Thanks for the recording, Utoo. I'm going to watch it now..... :heart:

U2Man said:

This sounds awesome :up:

Sounds like a show I would love to have attended :drool:

Yeah, it was one of those kinds of shows. They just kept delivering and delivering. Right off the bat Bono was singing "7 days... my last day to sing.... I know I'll sing again.." and then later at the end of the show, I think?, he sang "what if we dont' want to go home just yet!" and I went bonkers, screaming and jumping. All of the snippets are astounding.... I don't know what was posted in this huge thread, but things included Vertigo - Rockaway Beach / Dirty Water / Take Me To The River

Also he sang a gorgoues and painfully perfect line from Bruce's "Promise Land" at the end of ISHFWILF. :faint:

Then there was Baby Please Come Home, War Is Over was in there somewhere, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Jingle Bells. And after Elvis was on stage he sang "Glory Glory Hallelujah".

My friends and I need to talk and recall the details for you guys. In the meantime, I'm speechless.

amerrydeath said:
I thought Bono grabbed his butt because he was paying tribute to Steve Morris (who'd recently left the Boston Globe) and said he'd always given them support and a good kick in the arse. Either way, it was damn funny. :lol: Bono was fantastic tonight, nothing seemed rehearsed, even the One speech seemed fresh and unrehearsed. And mercifully short!

Sometimes was dedicated to Roy Orbison after Bono read a sign saying Dec 6 - remember our friend Roy Orbison.
The sign said 'REMEMBERING OUR FRIEND ROY ORBISON - APR. 23, '36 - DEC. 6, '88" I made it and held it up. Wasn't expecting that much reaction!! :shocked: I had it hanging over the rail and when Bono was having trouble reading it at first, I held it higher.

The whole show was AWESOME - and I hadn't thought they could have beat the 12/4 show!!

Back
Top Bottom