Boston II Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

Oh yeah.

I challange you to a dual.

:dual:

:axversdeath:

:victorysweetvictory:

:drool:

:americascup:

:rabbit:

I challenge you to spell properly.

:duel:

:pwnz0rztim:

:wins:

:celebrates:

:shakesheake:

It's not exactly true to say there'd be no Arcade Fire without U2... but they probably wouldn't be as popular as they are without Wake Up being played before shows... Mind you, they made the cover of Time (Cdn edition) back in early April, and their album was getting a lot of critical notice then.

tsweeney said:
Has anyone listened to X&Y? I have only heard a few songs off of it. Speed of Sound is too much like Clocks but I really like Fix You.

:uhoh:

tsweeney said:
Has anyone listened to X&Y? I have only heard a few songs off of it. Speed of Sound is too much like Clocks but I really like Fix You.

White Shadows and The Hardest Part are my current favorites, and What If is very good as well.. oh and Talk is amazing too :D

Setlist:

1) City of Blinding Lights
2) Vertigo
3) Elevation
4) Electric Co. (Send in the Clowns Snippet -
Preceeded by snippet of behind blue eyes -townsend
Bono - great to be home with our tribe
5) The Ocean
6) Crumbs from Your Table - Bono apologizes for his singing
7) I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
8) Beautiful Day -Jimmy Cliff snippet many rivers to cross
9) Miracle Drug - dedicated to Edge
10) Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own - Black Hills of Dakota snippet
11) Love Peace or Else
12) Sunday Bloody Sunday
13) Bullet the Blue Sky - Please/Hands/Johnny Snippets
14) Miss Sarajevo

Human Right Video

15) Pride (In the Name of Love)
16) Where the Streets Have No Name
17) :blahblah: One - Old Man River Snippet

Yankees winning 4-1 (Top 8th) - Funny how everyone updates the score when the Angels score 1 run :|

Have any of you listened to the entire PJ show from 9/19 when U2 was in the house? That was a kick ass show.

GibsonGirl said:

A cricket torrent site... :drool: That's one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time.

One day I did the maths of how much data it would take to have DVD quality audio/video of a 5 day test. :lol:

I think World Poverty is a more achievable goal at this point. (Or a rugby torrent sight... drool )

tsweeney said:

I actually just started listneing to it... And I like it a lot. It has a lot of their previous sound, but we cant expect them to reinvent themselves over and over like U2. I like it... Fix You is amazing, that whole end buildup :drool:

fix you and a message are classic songs. well done by the coldplay....

although fix you is a lot like miracle drug.

but i love them both the best on their albums, so i guess maybe that's why.

X&Y is pleasant enough, but nowhere near as good as A Rush of Blood to the Head.

Coldplay is like this for me: each album has a couple of songs that I really love, and the rest is just pleasant background music.

Which is okay. Pleasant background music has its place.

X&Y is two tracks too long.

Eliminate The Hardest Part and the album's namesake and shuffle aorund the order a bit, and it's a much better record.

tsweeney said:

Fix You is easily one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

I would combust right here in my disgusting 40-year-old chair if they played HMTMKMKM. :drool: :combust:

Speed of Sound is nothing like Clocks because it sucks, Clocks was awesome.

Fix You is the best song on the album but it isnt THAT good, a dissapointed release to me.

U2dork said:
I saw Coldplay last week. They really do put on a good show.

Where at? I saw them in Dallas and Austin a week and a half ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom