BOSTON II Setlist Party Part I (Do not post U2.com setlist!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ramblin rose said:
Setlist:

1) City of Blinding Lights
2) Vertigo
3) Elevation

Yankees winning 4-0 after 2

3 days

biglaugh.gif

fandangamoq said:
let me tell you, rugby is such a physically demanding sport, and the only reason you don't wear all the crap is because you'd pass out and die in it. I've seen and done things in rugby that would make football players piss themselves

This is spot on. One of my friends is a rugby forward, so he's caught in the middle of scrums, rucks, and rolling mauls on a weekly basis, and he says that while it's extremely physically demanding, the rewards are more than worth it. The man's built like a tank now.

If you can survive rugby tackles, you can survive just about anything.

(And if anyone wants to see a textbook perfect example of just a straight tackle, go find a copy of this year's Ranfurly Shield match between Canterbury and Wellington and watch around the 65th minute where Filipo knocks out Caleb Ralph in a tackle and Ralph pivots in the air before landing face-first on the ground. The linesman literally drops his flag and runs onto the field tot make sure Ralph hadn't swallowed his tongue.)

Axver said:

I've watched far too much American football. First saw it when I was seven and seen it many times through the years. It was often on TV at my father's house and so I'd watch it as I had nothing else to do (his house was a very boring place to be as a child so I'd just watch whatever was on the sports channel).

American football looks decidedly slow and wimpy compared to rugby.

Come on. When are all of the non Americans ever going to stop whining about American football. I know, I know: They wear pads. They have helmets. It's slow. It's not like rugby. Gasp! Whatever. And it's not soccer, either. That said, football as we know it here in North America is a distinctly American tradition. Soccer is huge for the rest of the world, and rugby is big in some areas. But quite frankly, people here don't get rugby. I'm sure people get beat up playing it all the time. As we know, they wear no pads. Real tough guys. Lots of action. But you never hear about it. Not here, anyway.

Hockey, anyone? Now there's a sport... seriously.

Go Blue. Go Red Wings. Welcome back to Detroit, U2 -- and that's Michigan, not Ohio, boy-oh.

And you all just wait until the U.S. hoists the World Cup. It'll be the end of the world as you know it...

Axver said:

This is spot on. One of my friends is a rugby forward, so he's caught in the middle of scrums, rucks, and rolling mauls on a weekly basis, and he says that while it's extremely physically demanding, the rewards are more than worth it. The man's built like a tank now.

If you can survive rugby tackles, you can survive just about anything.

(And if anyone wants to see a textbook perfect example of just a straight tackle, go find a copy of this year's Ranfurly Shield match between Canterbury and Wellington and watch around the 65th minute where Filipo knocks out Caleb Ralph in a tackle and Ralph pivots in the air before landing face-first on the ground. The linesman literally drops his flag and runs onto the field tot make sure Ralph hadn't swallowed his tongue.)

I'm a prop, the most forward forward there is...
~A.j.~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom