BOSTON II Setlist Party Part I (Do not post U2.com setlist!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MCF74 said:

Axver,

With all due respect (And among posters here you have A LOT of mine), have you ever watched much American football? There is a reason they went to all of the padding and helmets, etc. It didn't start out that way. It's actually a VERY violent sport. Case in point, a wide receiver who graduated from my university, Texas A&M, was playing for his pro team, the Green Bay Packers the other night. He was hit so hard after making a catch, he was lying motionless on the field. It ended up being a concussion, a common occurence in football, but either way, it was serious. Without the padding, he very well could have died. Just a thought.

I've watched far too much American football. First saw it when I was seven and seen it many times through the years. It was often on TV at my father's house and so I'd watch it as I had nothing else to do (his house was a very boring place to be as a child so I'd just watch whatever was on the sports channel).

American football looks decidedly slow and wimpy compared to rugby.

So my 2 friends that had GAs and got to the Garden at 12 o clock pm made it into the fucking elipse, and my other friend has loge seats right next to Edge.

I'm in an awesome mood.

This setlist better be ultra-shitty. :grumpy:

Okay, the show is underway.

Does anyone else hope that after last night's performance, we might get a full-on version of MLK tonight? That would be sweet!

Theedge070 said:
So my 2 friends that had GAs and got to the Garden at 12 o clock pm made it into the fucking elipse, and my other friend has loge seats right next to Edge.

I'm in an awesome mood.

This setlist better be ultra-shitty. :grumpy:

Tonight's the night Acrobat and Mofo will be played.

:wink:

Hello I'm late :wave:

but I've brought

guinness.jpg

for everyone :drool:

cleazer said:
Okay, the show is underway.

Does anyone else hope that after last night's performance, we might get a full-on version of MLK tonight? That would be sweet!

It won't happen, but MLK --> The Unforgettable Fire would be awesome.

cleazer said:

Geez, the song is so short, a snippet might as well be the full version. :wink:

Okay, I've played both American football and rugby for 6 years, and let me tell you, rugby is such a physically demanding sport, and the only reason you don't wear all the crap is because you'd pass out and die in it. I've seen and done things in rugby that would make football players piss themselves, and after just one year in rugby my football was rediculously better. By the way ax, i saw a guy tear his scrotum in a ruck, not pretty. I've been wearing spandex under my shorts ever since.
~A.j.~

MCF74 said:

Axver,

With all due respect (And among posters here you have A LOT of mine), have you ever watched much American football? There is a reason they went to all of the padding and helmets, etc. It didn't start out that way. It's actually a VERY violent sport. Case in point, a wide receiver who graduated from my university, Texas A&M, was playing for his pro team, the Green Bay Packers the other night. He was hit so hard after making a catch, he was lying motionless on the field. It ended up being a concussion, a common occurence in football, but either way, it was serious. Without the padding, he very well could have died. Just a thought.

Axver said:

I've watched far too much American football. First saw it when I was seven and seen it many times through the years. It was often on TV at my father's house and so I'd watch it as I had nothing else to do (his house was a very boring place to be as a child so I'd just watch whatever was on the sports channel).

American football looks decidedly slow and wimpy compared to rugby.

Yeah, it's definitely a different animal than rugby, which can be very entertaining in its own right. But, that being said, I'll still take my American football any day. :)

After watching the football game between Alabama and Florida (Gators) this past sat. I am so glad my son didn't decide to go on to play college football.
This linebacker, for AL. broke not one but both of the bones in his leg in a seriously bone crushing tackle :yikes:
I just hope he doesn't loose his college education because he's not going to be able to play this year at all, if ever again:sad:

sue4u2 said:
After watching the football game between Alabama and Florida (Gators) this past sat. I am so glad my son didn't decide to go on to play college football.
This linebacker, for AL. broke not one but both of the bones in his leg in a seriously bone crushing tackle :yikes:
I just hope he doesn't loose his college education because he's not going to be able to play this year at all, if ever again:sad:

Ouch :yikes:.

At least they beat Florida right? :shifty:

ramblin rose said:

That was so great in Boston III. :drool:

Where were you at that show? I'm wondering if anyone here saw me go ballistic down in the ellipse! :lol:

hi all :wave:

I am more excited about the Conan appearance then is really healthy:reject:

plus (fearing for life here).......

GO CARDINALS:hyper:

WGRYWH is one of the best songs off of Achtung Baby. At the Hershey show they messed up the beginning and just did it acoustic which was a nice surprise.

Okay, if not MLK, then perhaps tonight would be a good night for the return of An Cat Dubh-Into The Heart?

Axver said:

It won't happen, but MLK --> The Unforgettable Fire would be awesome.

I'm predicting 11 O'Clock Tick Tock followed by A Day Without Me! How odd and random would that be? :D Still, I'd take it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom