BOSTON II Setlist Party Part I (Do not post U2.com setlist!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I love the idea of Gone --> Wake Up Dead Man. I prefer UTEOTW --> WUDM, especially thematically, but sonically I can imagine the wailing distortion of Gone fading into the distorted noise of a full band WUDM and it's awesome. :drool:

yeah I can hear that too. I just think Dead Man is quite a statement for a closer

MCF74 said:

Axver,

With all due respect (And among posters here you have A LOT of mine), have you ever watch much American football. There is a reason they went to all of the padding and helmets, etc. It didn't start out that way. It's actually a VERY violent sport. Case in point, a wide receiver who graduated from my university, Texas A&M, was playing for his pro team, the Green Bay Packers the other night. He was hit so hard after making a catch, he was lying motionless on the field. It ended up being a concussion, a common occurence in football, but either way, it was serious. Without the padding, he very well could have died. Just a thought.

Plus people being paralyzed, nearly paralyzed etc. :yikes:

Axver said:

I barely even remember the game now. :sad: I need to get a video of it!

But yeah, watching that was a pivotal moment of my childhood.

There were three key points that came out of the game.

1) New Zealand won 44-22
2) New Zealand progressed to the World Cup Final
3) Jonah Lomu owns my soul.

MCF74 said:

Axver,

With all due respect (And among posters here you have A LOT of mine), have you ever watch much American football. There is a reason they went to all of the padding and helmets, etc. It didn't start out that way. It's actually a VERY violent sport. Case in point, a wide receiver who graduated from my university, Texas A&M, was playing for his pro team, the Green Bay Packers the other night. He was hit so hard after making a catch, he was lying motionless on the field. It ended up being a concussion, a common occurence in football, but either way, it was serious. Without the padding, he very well could have died. Just a thought.

He still has an intact scrotum, right? :|

What song do you think is the best closer for a U2 concert. 40 is the obvious choice but I thought Walk On was really great for the last tour.

I love Walk On as a closer.

I completely understand why some people didn't like Vertigo x2 as a closer, but at Seattle 2, the first time they did that? Holy farking shit, did that kick ass.

There's a lot to be said for ending with a rocker.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

rosa,
since you are being emailed by someone do u want me to post the set list or be backup?

I think you'll definately have the information first :wink:

I can post the running totals, after you post the song.

corianderstem said:
I'd be all for that Pop closer, but not with LNOE as the closer. I think that would be the worst choice from that list as a closer.

Imagine dragging out that live ending solo as an amazingly rocking guitar closer instead of seguing it into UTEOTW like on Popmart. It would be awesome, I think.

Though if I could include one non-Pop song, I'd do this:

Mofo
Last Night On Earth
Until The End Of The World
Wake Up Dead Man
Gone

ramblin rose said:

I think you'll definately have the information first :wink:

I can post the running totals, after you post the song.

I'll be back-up incase you both go to the bathroom at the same time. :lol:

I just don't like LNOE that much, Axver. That's my reason for giving it the boot as a closer. :wink:

I wonder if they would open with the Zoo set at one of the shows in NYC and another show with the Pop set.

:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom