Boston I Setlist Party Part II (DON'T POST U2.com SETLIST!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:

Boston actually has a "Tourist Tax" of $65 per person, for each nite in the city.

Wow, that's so out of U2's budget. Poor guys, living in such abject poverty.

U2Girl1978 said:

:hmm: I don't think I will have enough money to even go. :( I'm trying to get tickets to LV tho.

With the BoSox in the playoffs, there might be quite a few no shows, maybe even a "miracle ticket."

Just saw the commercial...

It said 'Don't miss Conan's special show with U2.' Almost sounded like U2 might be the center of the whole show...

Holy shit I just got Yankee playof tickets for Game 3 against the Angels!!!!!!:ohmy: I've never been to New York but I'll arive Wednesday. Thursday I'll go to the Lion King on Broadway, Friday a Yankees game and the headliners at MSG on Saturday. OH MY GOD!!!!

Hallucination said:
Holy shit I just got Yankee playof tickets for Game 3 against the Angels!!!!!!:ohmy: I've never been to New York but I'll arive Wednesday. Thursday I'll go to the Lion King on Broadway, Friday a Yankees game and the headliners at MSG on Saturday. OH MY GOD!!!!

With any luck, you'll be surrounded by thousands of upset "Vinney Bagofdoughnuts.":wink:

You're gonna have an awesome time. Yankee playoff games are exciting (and I'm a Red Sox fan.):up:

Last edited:
Glad to see The First Time sticking around. Cool stuff.

I really will miss the Achtung encore, but I'm glad I got to see it 4 times in the spring. I really can't fault U2 for mixing things up, since thats what so many fans here seem to want.

MLK SNIPPET :hyper:

I was there and almost died. Unfortunately the rest of the setlist was not as exciting :( but an unbelievable show anyway. See you there tomorrow night too, maybe Fast Cars? IALW? BAD?! :drool:

P.S.: Bono completely lost his voice starting Pride and the band had to essentially stop progressing through the song and wait for him to get it back. The crowd was really supportive, though.

Last edited:
Excellent Show. Standard setlist but it did not matter.

The version of Streets was better than any of the times they played it in May when they were in town.

I did not get to see the setlist myself but a friend of mine did and said "Crumbs" was suppose to be after Yahweh. Oh well, maybe tomorrow night.

Amazing show. Great crowd. Possibly better than the crowd 5/26. I was GA floor by the soundboard (my usual spot).

Miracle Drug dedicated to Paul Farmer (Harvard, Partners in Health, AIDS activist and scientist)

Bono's voice was in top shape. Belted some amazing notes on Miss Sarajevo, Sometimes.

Edge just demolished Electric Co with some amazing guitar work. I was speechless.

The Red Sox jersey was trotted out by Bono. Tom Brady was in the pit; John Kerry was in the seats on Edge's side.
Both got shout outs from Bono.

Larry ended the show by putting on the Sox jersey - crowd went nuts.

I'll let others post more detailed write-ups but one thing stood out:

Larry looked like he was in pain. He was wearing a brace that went from under his shirt down his right arm to his hand. He was really hunched over during the show and I could swear I saw wincing in pain (not the usual Larry face). Anyone else notice this?

Great show. Not the setlist chaos and beauty of 5/26, no Bad, no Crumbs, but a really phenomenal show with amazing crowd energy (blew away the crowd from 5/24, for example). The crowd after Streets was insane. Loudest I have ever heard an indoor stadium.

Tomorrow should be fun...

Back
Top Bottom