Bored of the tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RealXJT

Babyface
I'm bored of the tour.. the only reason I'm holding on to the FALL leg tickets is hopes that Oasis will support, or Interpol.

Or -- maybe a better setlist..

I'm bored of people who go to 2+ shows on the same tour, and then bitch about the same setlist.
I was in Poland, and didn't care that 250000 people alreadly heard Vertigo on the concert in Ireland before that. Or anywhere else.

Sure, I'd like to see some rare gems pulled out, but by no means am i bored w/ this tour. I think they have varied it up more this tour than for Elevation or PopMart, or even ZooTv (in US)

This is one of the best tours they've done. Perhaps the setlist doesn't vary that much, but why would they? I think it's the best setlist possible. They took the right songs from HTDAAB and balanced it with the older ones. All the songs are well rehearsed imho, so what can you expect more? It's not as inventive as Zoo TV, but it's good music and politics or else. That's what U2 is all about for me.

I´d rather have a boring tour than no tour at all.

Maybe i dont agree with their choice of songs, but i still enjoy the excitement of a U2 tour. So in the end it dosn´t matter what songs they play.

RealXJT said:
I'm bored of the tour.. the only reason I'm holding on to the FALL leg tickets is hopes that Oasis will support, or Interpol.

You're on the wrong forum mate!

Here's what you do when you're bored: go do something else.

Very simple.

Ya know, one reason I think why the setlists haven't changed much in Europe is because of the fact that the chances of people going to numerous shows in different countries is slim. Whereas in the States, U2 knows it's easier for people to travel from state to state and show to show and see multiple concerts, which is why I think the first leg had such variety in the setlists.

Just a thought.

Then again, maybe they finally have the perfect setlist and it took them 40 shows in to get the right flow.

In other words, I've stopped complaining. :wink:

I'm bored of people complaining there bored....so you don't like the tour...fine!...give away your tickets sell all your U2 stuff and find a new group to like...but i can almost guarntee that there setlist won't be too your liking either....:shrug:

angel_28 said:
I'm bored of people complaining there bored....so you don't like the tour...fine!...give away your tickets sell all your U2 stuff and find a new group to like...but i can almost guarntee that there setlist won't be too your liking either....:shrug:

:up:

U2Fan101 said:
Ya know, one reason I think why the setlists haven't changed much in Europe is because of the fact that the chances of people going to numerous shows in different countries is slim. Whereas in the States, U2 knows it's easier for people to travel from state to state and show to show and see multiple concerts, which is why I think the first leg had such variety in the setlists.
It's just the other way around really... In Europe it's easy to travel around and follow U2...

For me in Holland I have shows in Amsterdam, Gelsenkirchen and Brussels within a 100 mile radius...

And shows in Manchester, London, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Cardiff etc... Within a radius of about 250 to 500 miles...

Neilz said:

For me in Holland I have shows in Amsterdam, Gelsenkirchen and Brussels within a 100 mile radius...

Almost the 13th and three times in amsterdam :dancing: :hyper:

I am definetely not bored (maybe some people get bored because they are just LOOKING at the setlist too much, its a whole different story when you are actually there)

zooholland said:

Almost the 13th and three times in amsterdam :dancing: :hyper:

I am definetely not bored (maybe some people get bored because they are just LOOKING at the setlist too much, its a whole different story when you are actually there)
Exactly.. The problem with most European dates is that they only do one show per city.. Where in the States, most city's get more shows...

Therefor I just cán't imagine that with 3 shows in Amsterdam coming up, U2 will play the same setlist 3 times...

RealXJT said:

I sometimes wonder why U2 bother spending so much time in the USA - they ought to tour more of the world instead, where they'll be playing to people who'll be so pleased for them to be there.

You obviously don't like U2 too much - why not just follow the other bands?

Re: Re: Bored of the tour...

play it cool said:

I sometimes wonder why U2 bother spending so much time in the USA - they ought to tour more of the world instead, where they'll be playing to people who'll be so pleased for them to be there.

You obviously don't like U2 too much - why not just follow the other bands?

this is just one guy from one show!! u2 sell out shows in the usa thats why they play here!!

and they are coming back in november :rockon:

Re: Re: Re: Bored of the tour...

shaun vox said:

this is just one guy from one show!! u2 sell out shows in the usa thats why they play here!!

and they are coming back in november :rockon:
U2 sell out shows all over the world!

The whole Vertigo World tour is sold out.. The whole Elevation World tour was sold out...

Hmmm Popmart was sold out all over the world.. Except in the USA!!

And tháts why U2 only do the stadiums in Europe this time around... U2 can't sell out stadium's in the States (and U2 actually doesn't like playing stadium's in the States)

Last edited:
yimou said:
I´d rather have a boring tour than no tour at all.

Maybe i dont agree with their choice of songs, but i still enjoy the excitement of a U2 tour. So in the end it dosn´t matter what songs they play.

I like ur avatar Yimou!:wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bored of the tour...

Neilz said:

U2 sell out shows all over the world!

The whole Vertigo World tour is sold out.. The whole Elevation World tour was sold out...

Hmmm Popmart was sold out all over the world.. Except in the USA!!

And tháts why U2 only do the stadiums in Europe this time around... U2 can't sell out stadium's in the States (and U2 actually doesn't like playing stadium's in the States)

Oh please, They were a few popmart shows in europe that were NOT soldout. And as far as them not liking playing stadiums in the states, ever heard of Rattle and Hum. Filmed in good old US of A and the concert portion is from, Gasp, a Stadium. Zoo TV outdoor shows played in the US simply rocked. The problem with popmart is that it was popmart. And I would rather see them in an arena where I can actually SEE the band up close and not on a big video screen. My 2 cents.

It was interesting to hear Adam talk about why they don't like playing stadiums in the U.S.. This was on one of the recent interviews (I believe with the Dutch guy).

He said that they didn't like the idea of having to put seats on the pitch. It kind of blew the festival atmosphere of the show.

(I'm not saying this is the true reason or not, its just what Adam said during that interview.)

Maybe U2 should retire just so nobody is bored with them.
And we can all praise Gwen Stefani muzzziak! :wink:

If you have tickets to Madison Square Garden on November 21st or 22nd, and they are Decent (GA would be nice)
I'll have them thanks :wink:

Back
Top Bottom