Bootlegs of Tonights Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious about this too. I imagine that someone will upload it as a torrent. That would be the best way.

Dalton said:
Hey quick questions. Where will I be able to find a bootleg of tonights show? When will it be available? Anyone have any ideas? thanks,

Join the elevashn group on launch.

Most likely Easytree.org.

Or Itunes if they're going to be releasing them officially, which is still a possibility by all means.

Itunes is a good possiblity still. They didnt give us any warning on the Brooklyn Bridge Show. It was just there one day. We can still hope..

Just so you know, it's nice to wait til the show is over before asking for boots. It used to be two weeks was how long you were supposed to wait out of courtesy to the people doing it.

Found on another taping board:

Two week rule (Please read)
During the past several tours, there has been some debate as to the validity of the long-standing two week rule. In order to keep the peace on the boards as well as to accomodate all tapers, we ask that everyone respect this rule.

The two week rule is:
Please refrain from posting a request for a show until 2 weeks since the date of the show has passed. This allows the copies of the sources to circulate to larger number of people and also gives the tapers time to convert the shows. Not all tapers have the ability (due to technology or rig set-up) or time (multi-show run, commitments etc.) to have a show in circulation in the days immediately following a given show.

So be nice and don't post requesting a show for 2 weeks!

However, offers of trade or B&Ps may pop up before the two weeks are up. Even if this happens, it is still common courtesy to wait the two weeks before posting an ISO or request for a B&P/trade.

Last edited:
Chrisedge said:
Just so you know, it's nice to wait til the show is over before asking for boots. It used to be two weeks was how long you were supposed to wait out of courtesy to the people doing it.

Found on another taping board:

Two week rule (Please read)
During the past several tours, there has been some debate as to the validity of the long-standing two week rule. In order to keep the peace on the boards as well as to accomodate all tapers, we ask that everyone respect this rule.

The two week rule is:
Please refrain from posting a request for a show until 2 weeks since the date of the show has passed. This allows the copies of the sources to circulate to larger number of people and also gives the tapers time to convert the shows. Not all tapers have the ability (due to technology or rig set-up) or time (multi-show run, commitments etc.) to have a show in circulation in the days immediately following a given show.

So be nice and don't post requesting a show for 2 weeks!

However, offers of trade or B&Ps may pop up before the two weeks are up. Even if this happens, it is still common courtesy to wait the two weeks before posting an ISO or request for a B&P/trade.

Wow! There is bootlegger etiquette?

Who said honor amongst thieves is dead?

These people are NOT thieves, according to U2, themselves! Of course there's an etiquette.

2 weeks?

Stuff can circulate much quicker these days - Bittorrenct means thousands can have the show as soon as its out - and technically its pretty easy to convert stuff within a day..

I would say by the end of the week we'll have something. The Miami shows were available 2-3 days later. Tomorrow is new release day for Itunes.....:hmm:

Torrent files

You need some software called BIT TORRENT

Basically you find the torrent file (easytree.org or torrentspy.com) and you downlaod the file

basically it works quicker if more people have it, you uplaods the parts you have downloaded and you download parts from other users

the more users there are the quicker it works, with TV shows you often have thousands of peopel downlaoding at the same time

Its a cheap way of getting stuff out there as the bandwith used is that of the users - rather than a website...

mo786 said:
2 weeks?

Stuff can circulate much quicker these days - Bittorrenct means thousands can have the show as soon as its out - and technically its pretty easy to convert stuff within a day..

It can, and I'm sure it will. (I had one of my recordings up within a day or so last tour) BUT my post is regarding ASKING/BEGGING etc...for recordings BEFORE A SHOW HAS EVEN HAPPENED.

mo786 said:
2 weeks?

2 weeks is just etiquette in terms of asking for it. If a taper gets it out there sooner than thats entirely up to them. Theres no stopping a taper from getting home and putting it on the net within 12 hours of the concerts end. Thats what happened with Charlotte last time around (remember vividly!).

I'd be willing to bet there will be a version around as early as late tonight/tomorrow, then other versions as time goes by.

mo786 said:
Torrent files

You need some software called BIT TORRENT

Basically you find the torrent file (easytree.org or torrentspy.com) and you downlaod the file

basically it works quicker if more people have it, you uplaods the parts you have downloaded and you download parts from other users

the more users there are the quicker it works, with TV shows you often have thousands of peopel downlaoding at the same time

Its a cheap way of getting stuff out there as the bandwith used is that of the users - rather than a website...

thanks for the info! much appreciated

Dont forget to post any future threads about trading bootlegs in the "U2 Trading Post" forum!

Chrisedge said:

It can, and I'm sure it will. (I had one of my recordings up within a day or so last tour) BUT my post is regarding ASKING/BEGGING etc...for recordings BEFORE A SHOW HAS EVEN HAPPENED.

I am not sure how you could misconstrue my initial post for "begging" for the show. I was simply asking a question. I was not too sure how this worked so I asked what to expect.

Surely that is not unreasonable?

brkngrrl said:
If you don't mind my asking...what is a torrent and how does it work?

torrents are better than peer to peer file sharing networks because files can be shared even if it is not in complete form. For example, if you are downloading (leaching) a file, you could also be simultaneously "seeding" the file as well. Torrents break the file down into packets. You might have only 20% of the file downloaded but that 20% which you have could be helping someone else at 50% complete their download. It is also better because the chances for "bogus" files are slim.

The reason why torrents haven't caught-on as fast as psp programs is that there are a few more steps involved. Firstly, you need a bittorrent program. I use burst! and it works great. Secondly, you have to find the torrent files on the web instead of within the program (ie, kazaa has the search capabilities within the program). I use torrentspy.com. Then, you have to download the torrent file and open it with your bittorrent program (burst!). The bittorrent program then helps you select where to download the complete file and lets you know the status of the download. "Seeders" are people who still have the torrent open in their bittorrent program. "Leachers" are people who are downloading but not seeding. The more "seeders" a torrent has, the faster the download. Any torrent with 10 or more seeders will suffice.

As far as ChrisEdge's bootleg policy goes; I definitely respect bootleggers and their efforts to please. However, with the advancements in internet spead and file sharing technology, bootlegs can easily be available the next day for seeding. No pressure or anything from me. But it doesn't hurt to have people snooping around for info. I imagine that there will some very diligent bootleggers that will have something uploaded by tues morn (it being opening night and all).

Is there any spyware, viruses or any other stuff that messes with your computer using Bitttorrent?

Back
Top Bottom