Bono was in Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bazza

War Child
The Sydney Morn Herald said today that bono and his wife visited sydney and some beach area...does anyone have anymore news on this???

I heard he went to go look for a girl he saw at the Atlanta shows.

bazza said:
bono and his wife visited sydney and some beach area

The beach quoted was "Bungan Beach" (in the Pittwater area).

Bungan Beach (or should I say "postcard from Bono".
BBeach.gif

:eyebrow: but i don't believe he's there now...i heard he was still in Dublin.

Ruffian... please say that that is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am off to Dublin on Friday and would love to see him......

Oh and I heard that he did go to Australia at some point last year - I am sure I read about it on here somewhere!

Lisa

there was a report that he and Ali were heading to Australia over the weekend - don't know if it is this weekend or next

we need evidence though

Yeah, I read this as it was in a British news paper - Can't see it though as Bono is in Europe next week and that is a long flight back from Oz

Knowing my luck he flew out though :(

Lisa

lisa2004 said:
Ruffian... please say that that is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am off to Dublin on Friday and would love to see him......

Lisa

thats weird, me and a few other interferencers are going to dublin on friday as well to see another interfrencer there!
its a little mini gathering!

digsy said:

thats weird, me and a few other interferencers are going to dublin on friday as well to see another interfrencer there!
its a little mini gathering!

LOL - are you going to see Flavia!

She said people are coming over - are you going to try and find the boys whilst you are over!

I wish I knew if they were in Dublin

Lisa

lisa2004 said:

LOL - are you going to see Flavia!

She said people are coming over - are you going to try and find the boys whilst you are over!

I wish I knew if they were in Dublin

Lisa

Lisa, are you going to do the whole U2 thing in Dublin? You must go to Killiney.

Hi, yes we are planning to do all the U2 sights - The Clarence, Mount Temple, Hanover Quay etc....

What is at Killiney?

Thanks

Liss

lisa2004 said:
Hi, yes we are planning to do all the U2 sights - The Clarence, Mount Temple, Hanover Quay etc....

What is at Killiney?

Thanks

Liss

Bono's house. Take the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit). You'll be amazed how close the train is to the sea. Turn right out of the station and walk up the hill until you come to Bono's gates (lyrics written all over them). You can walk down the side of his house to the beach and look back at the house. It's peachy pink (or it was a couple of years ago) Edge lives close-by, so does Eddie Irvine.

There's a great record shop just before you get to the Clarence. It's full of U2 stuff! Don't forget the hearing aid shop...Bonavox.

lisa2004 said:
Ah cool thanks!

Can't wait to go - Just widh I knew that Bono might be in Dublin that weekend

Lisa

I was scared stiff he might drive through the gates of his house while I was there LOL!

Go to Bewley's for brunch. I've read somewhere that he goes there. Have a great time Lisa...wish I was going again!

1stOne said:

Bono's house. Take the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit). You'll be amazed how close the train is to the sea. Turn right out of the station and walk up the hill until you come to Bono's gates (lyrics written all over them). You can walk down the side of his house to the beach and look back at the house. It's peachy pink (or it was a couple of years ago) Edge lives close-by, so does Eddie Irvine.

There's a great record shop just before you get to the Clarence. It's full of U2 stuff! Don't forget the hearing aid shop...Bonavox.

God, I love that record shop. I think it got busted recently because I noticed a huge cut back in U2 bootlegs there. I always go there when I go back to dublin.

shmeedt said:

God, I love that record shop. I think it got busted recently because I noticed a huge cut back in U2 bootlegs there. I always go there when I go back to dublin.

I bought my Elevation show bootlegs there and put them straight in the bin. They were rubbish! Great postcards and stuff though. Most of the stuff seemed to be behind the counter. I would have loved to have got behind there!

knowing where he lives kind of freaks me out. I know it's common knowledge which freaks me out even more.

You can feel U2 in the air in Dublin. Did the Dockers pub get flattened? We were made very welcome in there. Is the new tower studio finished yet?

The Dockers is closed now but still standing, The recrding studios at Hanover Quay are also still there. I heard that they won't knock them down till the Tower is ready.

I can bring a progress report back from Dublin if you want

Lisa

This all sounds sooo wonderful, I am dying to go to Ireland and do the U2 thing...Please post a report and take pictures too!!!!

I would love to read all about it.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom