Bono was in Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok cool, well have fun!

be sure to go to the Irish Music Hall of Fame too if you have time. It's a cool place and some cool stuff there. Do some non-U2 stuff in Dublin as well! It's a great city and lots of fun.. the U2 stuff is a lot of fun if you're a huge fan, esp the first time.. but don't miss out on the charm of the city!!

I plan to do a bit of everything - Dublin has always been a place I have wanted to go! Even before I got into U2

Have you ever met the band in Dublin - I really would love to one day as everything is so manic surrounding them when they visit London - where I live

Lisa

Grindstone said:

the building Dockers was in was still there back in May, but it was close to being torn down. They had the contruction panels out in front that that block.. so it looked completely different. kinda sad.

and there was a little makeshift memorial from U2 fans for the long gone fav stop for a pint. Windmill Lane area looks different too b/c some of the buildings across from the studio have now been flattened too.

the Tower is still a good ways from being finished.. HQ is pretty much the only old building still standing in the area. but when I was there last, the Tower was just the beginning frames of a building.. the only reason I knew it was the tower was b/c a sign was in front of it (all of the buildings down there have posters in front showing what they will be)

if you've ever been to the area before, the way it used to be.. you'll be shocked at how different it looks.. and especially at what they are planning.

I have some photos from back in May, but I dont have a subscription here so I can't post them. Happy to email them to someone if anyone is interested. Can also post some when I get back from my trip next week.. but someone will have to do that for me.

I'm so glad I managed to have a Guinness in the Dockers. I would love to see your photos after next week Grindstone, especially those places you mentioned above. Did you go to Killiney?

I plan to do a bit of everything - Dublin has always been a place I have wanted to go! Even before I got into U2

Right Lisa! That's it!! I want to go too
:banghead: :banghead:
Dublin photos out as I write.

Hi Lisa,

Sorry for the slow repsonse - have been home and had a sleep since I last posted!!

Yes, I am seeing them twice in March - can't wait!

And it is a lovely area round here too! (am from England originally so especially enjoy the weather)

Bono's hideaway
January 17, 2006

HE'S a rock god the world over, so exactly how did U2 megastar Bono manage to avoid being detected during his two-week Sydney stopover?

Perhaps it was due to the fact that his choice of location was the secluded haven of Bungan Beach - nestled between the northern beaches of Mona Vale and Newport.
Isolated by a steep hillside, the idyllic Bungan Beach is hidden from the main road and accessible only by a walking track - making it the perfect holiday spot for one of the world's biggest names to indulge in a bit of well earned R and R.

With his wife Ali Hewson and kids Jordan, Memphis, Elijah and John in tow, Bono's clan were just like any other family enjoying a Beautiful Day on the beach.

They stayed at a palatial pad boasting an in-home cinema and lap pool.

AndreaC said:
Hi Lisa,

Sorry for the slow repsonse - have been home and had a sleep since I last posted!!

Yes, I am seeing them twice in March - can't wait!

And it is a lovely area round here too! (am from England originally so especially enjoy the weather)

Hi Andrea

Enjoy the gigs in March! - I bet you are enjoying the weather!! I am typing this at work in London and it is really wet and horrid outside

I went to see them twice in June last year when they were in the UK but I am missing them so much. I wish we had one more gig to get excited about like the North Americans are over Hawaii :)

Never mind - they will be home soom!

Lisa

Good for the Hewson clan enjoying some private secluded R&R before the band hits the road again. Must be so nice travelling in elegant style such as they do! Lucky kids they are, those Hewsons!

Grindstone said:
ok cool, well have fun!

be sure to go to the Irish Music Hall of Fame too if you have time.

as far as i know, this no longer exists - closed a couple fo years ago.
i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure thats the case

For anyone interested in how we are getting on Dublin, pls go to PLEBA and check out band meetings and sightings. ;)

Back
Top Bottom