Bono - Stop tryin to influence the Yanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

u2_england

The Fly
Remember, U2 has always been a band concerned with politics so accept this before you go into that arena.

But Bono - if you are reading this (I f*cking doubt it but)...

Stop trying to influence American audiences - it's a waste of f*cking time.

The majority haven't a f*cking clue - and when the concert is over they will just go back to their own lives.

If you want to make an American audience happy then just shout U-S-A - and you can guarantee they will all respond like something out of a Spinal Tap outtake.

The only time a Yank will give a shit about the politics of war will be when their brother or sister comes home draped in the American flag - the same flag that they fought for.
And you know what's sad about that? They didn't die for the flag - they died for the dollars.
How much is the life of one of your soldiers worth? Ask Bush.

It's the fact that the soldiers were lied to and thrown into a situation where they weren't given the full story is what really pisses me off - and I'm not even American!

These soldiers DO want to fight for freedom and democracy and do believe in your country, but they died not for these things, but for the bank account of a certain George Bush.

And before the dickheads on this forum write "woo hoo we Yanks are loaded" then why don't YOU volunteer for duty or are you scared shitless of being killed?
Keep hiding behind this forum because nobody cares about your little wank-stain of a life.
YOU are not loaded. George Bush and his cronies ARE.

You have to ask yourselves why did America back Iraq in the war against Iran then, when Bush got into power, decided to attack Iraq over weapons of mass destruction that have NEVER been found - hmmm satellites that can see an flea on a dog's back, but couldn't find a major weapons factory??? Wake up!

Saddam was a f*cking war-mongering nutter (sounds like someone we all know) but you only took him out when it suited your country!
I say 'your' country, but you have to remember that you lot are pawns in a far bigger f*cking game and you can shout U-S-A as much as you want, but when some sick terrorist decides to blow up your children then I hope you have the guts to look further into your country's political agenda.

I hate terrorism as much as I hate American politics, but you Yanks stood back and watched OUR country being attacked by the IRA (bunch of Irish bastard chicken shits) and even had Irish-Americans funding them - handing out the dollars on St Patricks Day!
The IRA are terrorists and have blown up INNOCENT men, women and CHILDREN (children for f*cks sake!!!) to get thier 'political' message across, but if you believe in the politics of terrorism then this is what you Yanks have coming your way - BIG TIME!

I was devastated when 9/11 happened and haven't really got over all the images that I witnessed through the media - and I hope this never EVER happens again, but I'd say America is on the brink of a nuclear terrorist attack and when this happens I hope you ALL look into the causes of terrorism because it's not all about religion (well maybe that veil that your country uses to stand behind) it's about military aggression, poverty and the politics of power.

And before you think 'it will never happen' then think back to 9/11 and how surreal that day was and how it all seemed like scene from an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie - hmmm, that name rings a bell...

When a member of your family is fighting for their last breath and you're filled with despair then I hope you'll be happy in the fact that your president will be puffing on a cigar counting HIS money and lining up his next move.

You live in a democracy so you CAN change things.

And I don't give a shit about the little pricks that will answer this shouting 'aren't we great' because they can go and f*ck themselves!

I'm only interested in telling Americans what's going on as I think you have the means to become a great country and a fighter for true freedom - not a politicians idea of $reedom.

The UK is also a pile of shite, but America is a bigger target for the terrorists of this world.

You are too big to be attacked by a country, but big enough to be attacked by terrorists.

I also realise that I could be pissing in the wind, here - just like Bono is when he tries to educate you.

If Bono stood there for an hour telling you about how your country is affecting the world then he would be boo-ed off - whereas if he throws a snippet of a reference to it into a song then he might just get away with.

It's quite scary when you find Americans willing to lynch someone who is protesting against the war whereas the reality is that their soldiers ARE ACTUALLY being lynched in Iraq.

I don't hate Americans, but I think the majority are uninformed - a nd it's these 'uninformed' that will be on board that tube when a bomb goes off. It will be these uninformed whose families will be devastated. It will be these uninformed that were indifferent. It will be these uninformed who never voted. It will be these uninformed who will die.

Bono, save your breath for an audience that will listen.

Your post reads like a Daily Mail editorial especially the bit describing the IRA as "Irish bastard chicken shits".

Incidentally do you consider Northern Ireland Irish? If not, maybe you should have described them as "British bastard chicken shits".

Is it ok with you if I describe the UVF and UDR as British terrorists (because that is what they are)

Last edited:
financeguy said:
Your post reads like a Daily Mail editorial especially the bit describing the IRA as "Irish bastard chicken shits".

Incidentally do you consider Northern Ireland Irish? If not, maybe you should have described them as "British bastard chicken shits".

Is it ok with you if I describe the UVF and UDR as British terrorists (because that is what they are)

It's so easy to try and undermine a person's viewpoint by saying that they sound like a certain newspaper - bad move.

Also, if they come from Northern Ireland - then they're Irish.
If I come form England - then I'm English.

The argument is not about saying who is a terrorist because one man's terrosrist is another man's freedom fighter. The argument is about the results of political aggression.

And don't try and change the argument to one about 'the troubles' because it's about America.

Kepp it on topic - if that's not too much to ask.

u2_england said:

And don't try and change the argument to one about 'the troubles' because it's about America.

Kepp it on topic - if that's not too much to ask.

Ok, well I'd agree with most of your post. It'll probably lead to a flame war though. Too much truth for some people to handle, wayyy too much truth. :|

u2_england said:
Remember, U2 has always been a band concerned with politics so accept this before you go into that arena.

But Bono - if you are reading this (I f*cking doubt it but)...

Stop trying to influence American audiences - it's a waste of f*cking time.

The majority haven't a f*cking clue - and when the concert is over they will just go back to their own lives.

If you want to make an American audience happy then just shout U-S-A - and you can guarantee they will all respond like something out of a Spinal Tap outtake.

The only time a Yank will give a shit about the politics of war will be when their brother or sister comes home draped in the American flag - the same flag that they fought for.
And you know what's sad about that? They didn't die for the flag - they died for the dollars.
How much is the life of one of your soldiers worth? Ask Bush.

It's the fact that the soldiers were lied to and thrown into a situation where they weren't given the full story is what really pisses me off - and I'm not even American!

These soldiers DO want to fight for freedom and democracy and do believe in your country, but they died not for these things, but for the bank account of a certain George Bush.

And before the dickheads on this forum write "woo hoo we Yanks are loaded" then why don't YOU volunteer for duty or are you scared shitless of being killed?
Keep hiding behind this forum because nobody cares about your little wank-stain of a life.
YOU are not loaded. George Bush and his cronies ARE.

You have to ask yourselves why did America back Iraq in the war against Iran then, when Bush got into power, decided to attack Iraq over weapons of mass destruction that have NEVER been found - hmmm satellites that can see an flea on a dog's back, but couldn't find a major weapons factory??? Wake up!

Saddam was a f*cking war-mongering nutter (sounds like someone we all know) but you only took him out when it suited your country!
I say 'your' country, but you have to remember that you lot are pawns in a far bigger f*cking game and you can shout U-S-A as much as you want, but when some sick terrorist decides to blow up your children then I hope you have the guts to look further into your country's political agenda.

I hate terrorism as much as I hate American politics, but you Yanks stood back and watched OUR country being attacked by the IRA (bunch of Irish bastard chicken shits) and even had Irish-Americans funding them - handing out the dollars on St Patricks Day!
The IRA are terrorists and have blown up INNOCENT men, women and CHILDREN (children for f*cks sake!!!) to get thier 'political' message across, but if you believe in the politics of terrorism then this is what you Yanks have coming your way - BIG TIME!

I was devastated when 9/11 happened and haven't really got over all the images that I witnessed through the media - and I hope this never EVER happens again, but I'd say America is on the brink of a nuclear terrorist attack and when this happens I hope you ALL look into the causes of terrorism because it's not all about religion (well maybe that veil that your country uses to stand behind) it's about military aggression, poverty and the politics of power.

And before you think 'it will never happen' then think back to 9/11 and how surreal that day was and how it all seemed like scene from an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie - hmmm, that name rings a bell...

When a member of your family is fighting for their last breath and you're filled with despair then I hope you'll be happy in the fact that your president will be puffing on a cigar counting HIS money and lining up his next move.

You live in a democracy so you CAN change things.

And I don't give a shit about the little pricks that will answer this shouting 'aren't we great' because they can go and f*ck themselves!

I'm only interested in telling Americans what's going on as I think you have the means to become a great country and a fighter for true freedom - not a politicians idea of $reedom.

The UK is also a pile of shite, but America is a bigger target for the terrorists of this world.

You are too big to be attacked by a country, but big enough to be attacked by terrorists.

I also realise that I could be pissing in the wind, here - just like Bono is when he tries to educate you.

If Bono stood there for an hour telling you about how your country is affecting the world then he would be boo-ed off - whereas if he throws a snippet of a reference to it into a song then he might just get away with.

It's quite scary when you find Americans willing to lynch someone who is protesting against the war whereas the reality is that their soldiers ARE ACTUALLY being lynched in Iraq.

I don't hate Americans, but I think the majority are uninformed - a nd it's these 'uninformed' that will be on board that tube when a bomb goes off. It will be these uninformed whose families will be devastated. It will be these uninformed that were indifferent. It will be these uninformed who never voted. It will be these uninformed who will die.

Bono, save your breath for an audience that will listen.

Is it helpful to fight ignorance with even more ignorance?

you talked about more than "AMerica" your post had many different angles

Im curious as to what makes a person post something like this...
are ya watching the news and it makes ya snap , get up and say
im goin to the forum and get some things off my chest.
and you strut to your PC like John Boy Walton ( a fine american character /with a limited wardrobe) and go nuts...

so what was it?

financeguy said:

Ok, well I'd agree with most of your post. It'll probably lead to a flame war though. Too much truth for some people to handle, wayyy too much truth. :|

Thank you for having the decency to reply with grace.

And as far as flaming goes - hey, sticks and stones!

And also, I won't be replying to dickheads who have no actual point, who haven't read the whole post and are just baiting me - they're the ones that give Americans a bad name and it would be to the detriment this thread.

I couldn't care less about your views on America, it's your right to feel however you want.

What does bug the shit out of me though why you actually think this post belongs in "General Tour Discussion", is it because you managed to include Bono & Arena in the post?

If your intention was really to try and let Bono know that he should not waste his time trying to influence Americans, I suggest you fax your little essay to Principle Management or maybe try posting it in his official forum on U2.com (maybe there's more of a chance he'll see it there)

Otherwise, your intention was just to start some sort of pro-American vs anti-American debate within this thread, (while also insulting the Irish while you were at it.)

Since that is what I truly believe your intention was, then it'd be great if this was moved to a more appropriate forum.:wave:

ramblin rose said:
I couldn't care less about your views on America, it's your right to feel however you want.

What does bug the shit out of me though why you actually think this post belongs in "General Tour Discussion", is it because you managed to include Bono & Arena in the post?

If your intention was really to try and let Bono know that he should not waste his time trying to influence Americans, I suggest you fax your little essay to Principle Management or maybe try posting it in his official forum on U2.com (maybe there's more of a chance he'll see it there)

Otherwise, your intention was just to start some sort of pro-American vs anti-American debate within this thread, (while also insulting the Irish while you were at it.)

Since that is what I truly believe your intention was, then it'd be great if this was moved to a more appropriate forum.:wave:

Be careful Ramblin Rose, he may bite you and with his twisted and gnarled "british teeth" you may get a nasty infection:ohmy:

Wow u2_england, I see the light! Stereotyping IS a lot of fun......:giggle:

I said I wouldn't answer stupid replies but...

ramblin rose said:

Erm.. it's about Bono trying to influence Anericans on this TOUR whilst he's on STAGE - f*ck me!

ramblin rose said:

Are you really this stupid?
It's for the fans to discuss.
The referral to Bono is to open the discussion taking on the format of a letter to Bono.

ramblin rose said:

I haven't insulted the Irish people!
But just for your education, listen to Bono's tirade during SBS on RAH the movie and you might just learn something, but I doubt it.

ramblin rose said:

No, it wasn't my intention, you moron.
Can you read?

u2_england said:

Its the politics of fear my friend. When people are scared and ignorant, they will follow any leader thinking they are more safe and secure in doing so.

Ah, Interference. Full of such love.

</post that contributes nothing to the original topic>

u2_england said:

Bit of a gross generalisation, isn't it.

In relation to the wider issue of Bono preaching to American audiences, most of it tends to be in relation to DATA and Third World Debt in recent years, and as Americans have got involved in those kind of campaigns as a direct result of Bono, including a few people on this very forum, well surely this proves that his preaching has been worthwhile?

Edited to add: also your insults directed at rambling rose are totally uncalled for.

Last edited:
u2 england.....what you dont know about americans is alot

your one of those people that can dish it out but cant take it

when you call people who respond to your post dickheads , morons, idiots......just cuz they dont agree with you...it makes you look like a coward and a big baby...

the anti Bush card you play is a tired one....that doesnt make me mad. Its antiamerican crap....i doubt you know any americans at all...the only american you " know" is probably your sticky Britney Spears poster on your ceiling

maybe you need to go back to your momma's titty

how you doin buddy?
you still huggin people with your whole being? and wearing those dancing pants?
dont let fatherhood slow ya down hon!

*PUSS OCH KRAM* ...thats swedish for kiss and hug ; )

those dancing pants have been resigned to the closet, all new items are now wipe clean!

u2_england, personal attacks are not allowed. first you pretty much attacked every american and then you went off on ramblin rose.

i don't know where this thread belongs. i don't think it belongs in fym and it certainly doesn't belong in any of the U2 forums.

sorry you hate america so much. :slant:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom