Bono on TheRockFM NZ this afternoon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono in Sydney said:
I played a small part in bringing the Denton interview to the ABC.

Bono in Sydney a couple of days ago said:
Bono is on Denton on March 13th. That is the date of the tickets and I rang and confirmed it is going to be shown on the ABC on Monday night.

I am in the second row so I am going to get pretty close to the great man.

Earnie Shavers said:

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono in Sydney
I played a small part in bringing the Denton interview to the ABC.

Originally posted by Bono in Sydney a couple of days ago
Bono is on Denton on March 13th. That is the date of the tickets and I rang and confirmed it is going to be shown on the ABC on Monday night.

I am in the second row so I am going to get pretty close to the great man.

:drool: Thanks, Earnie.

Bono in Sydney said:
I played a small part in bringing the Denton interview to the ABC. But in a room where you are the smallest player in a big interview process, you have to be totally professional. Bono’s people kept us waiting for about 15 minutes.

Dude, I don't know Bono well enough to address him as "Paul" and ask him out to coffee, but even I've had to wait more than 15 minutes to meet Bono because of "his people". So what exactly DO you do? First you're assistant this, then you "know Paul", then you have second row seats, and now you're a sound guy who wasn't even in the room? I'm totally confused and am beginning to wonder if you've ever come within 1000 feet of Bono.

blueeyedgirl said:
I'm impressed at what keeps people awake at night :huh:

Are you referring to my post? If so, it's certainly nothing I'd lose sleep over.:lol: All I'm saying is the guy/gal/whatever posts like he's going to get exclusive information for us, but then changes the story with each post. Posts like that only make all the rumors, assumptions, and speculating worse.

Some of you people have no idea at more and that evieangelique? You are just a total bitch and need treatment in a mental facility. You are totally oppoisite to anything that U2 represent and I just feel so sorry for you as an immature person who is diseased in the mind.

There.

I have extracted my revenge for all the smart arse childish comments that you have sent my way.

I am a noble and honest and positive man but occassionally there is someone who crosses your path that is so infantile and unknowledgeable that they make you cringe that the human race is destined for self destruction and annihaliation.

evieangelique you are that type of person.

I have indicated to you I work on the lighting at the ABC. I went incognito as I didn't want to blow my cover.

But there are people here, people who are so nosy. So inconsiderate to others that they are like the bottom scum on a glass after it has been in a dishwasher.

There are very very people here with faith. Certainly not enough faith to be worth of a website that claims to be what U2 represent.

Selflessness not selfishness is the key to passing to the new life.

Learn it. Live it.

All I said was that organized religion and bi-partisan politics are arcaic and only cause problems.

People now have enough issues with seperation, they dont need their religion and politics to do the same. All religion was used for was to get savages(and Im NOT refering to Native Americans or Africans) to obey a certain set of civilized ideas and to keep them inline(thanks Cathalocism). Politics is the new religion for these people, and they all must tow the line, swallow the sermon(sounds like semen), and recite the company motto, and if they dont or if they disagree they are heartless, brainless, souless, heathen liberals, concervatives, or infadels and need to be "taught" why they are wrong.

Answer me why this is something we all need?

For politics you go with who you like and who you think will do the best job, be it left, right, up, down, green or pokadot.

For religion you find whatever brings you closest to yourself, makes you feel calm, makes you feel like you understand things better, and you live your life.

Me, I do that with U2, its my own personal prayer session located in what I would call a modern day synagogue.

What possible use it it to knock somebody who is providing us with inside info. Seriously?????

I, and most people on these boards come to this section to find out the latest on the tour, wading through all these "But he said"s, and "What about the children"s is not welcome, can you not deal with these petty arguments over the phone rather than pollute this valuable resource?

The odds of you changing somebodies opinion over an internet forum are practically in the negatives.

Most people dont feel the need to express their opinions to complete strangers, why do they feel the need to do it here.

:eyebrow:

Last edited:
U2Smilzz said:
What possible use it it to knock somebody who is providing us with inside info. Seriously?????

I, and most people on these boards come to this section to find out the latest on the tour, wading through all these "But he said"s, and "What about the children"s is not welcome, can you not deal with these petty arguments over the phone rather than polute this valuble resource?

The odds of you changing somebodies opinion over an internet forum are practically in the negatives.

Most people dont feel the need to express their opinions to complete strangers, why do they feel the need to do it here.

:eyebrow:

Well Said.....
All this bickering is getting really tiresome...

blueeyedgirl said:
Then maybe abide the rule I live by, don't believe anything! Especially on the net! :D

Precisely.I'm 250 kg and a shemale..

Now all of you get along or I kick your ass :wink:

U2Smilzz said:

1) You have to first believe someone is providing inside information.

U2Smilzz said:
I, and most people on these boards come to this section to find out the latest on the tour, wading through all these

2) You're right. The last thing I want to do is to come here and have to read about someone's political/religious/ideological beliefs as there is a whole forum right on this site for that.

Lastly, I would have had more respect for BIS if he/she would have just come on this board and said "look, I work for ABC, I can't say what I do because I don't want to get in trouble, I'm going to try and find out all I can about the Bono interview and report back." All the posing and talking about having coffee with "Paul" or how close Ali is with her brother and taking this Sydney vacation was at least "Paul could do for his wife" is just attention seeking bullshit which I don't feel I have to read on this forum either.

If you want to get back on topic, great let's do it, but if the silly posts from he/she continue don't expect people to just sit back and take it in silence.

I just can't wait till they release the new dates and the world spins again in it's normal cycle.......We've had a big week :yes:

aislinn said:

Oh, no...not nearly on the same level as those comments.

Thanks for the apology. It's been a tough week or so for all of us, I suppose. Frayed nerves, weird stuff online, and of course real life. Not that I'm comparing these things to the band's troubles, of course. But thanks for the apology anyway.

I also apologize if my comments seemed mean, but frankly, I don't believe a word of what BIS says and think he/she is just here to stir things up - which is an awful thing to do, particularly at a time like this, when so many people are stressed and awaiting accurate information.

The rude personal attacks need to stop. I think you are all well aware (or should be) that such posts violate the rules here.

U2Smilzz said:

Probably because their 'inside info' does not add up and is contradictive, and we've been through this kind of crap before.

Bono in Sydney said:
I am a Pizza Delivery guy so about 9.30 tonight I am going to go over the mansion Bono is staying at, ring the door bell and say "Hey did anyone order a pizza". Pizza in hand of course.

Bono in Sydney said:
I was the asisstant to the assistant to the assistant coffee maker, not quite high enough on the food chain to push in. Bono went off and took a phone call after the interview and we had to do our job and make sure we had sound and lighting was good. He did say to us, good job boys and then we just filmed the Promo.

We had to get back to the studio for editing as it had to be wrapped up in a day.

But what a whirlwind experience.

So you're a pizza delivery 'guy' that doesnt like to be called 'dude' and you're also the assistant to the assistant to the assistant coffee maker, and you also work for ABC lighting OH and you also work at a bank, because that's where you are posting from.

Now that's talent :wink:

Why can't people just leave the guy alone? So what if you don't believe what he says? If it bugs you that much, then chat about it in a private chat or through PMs. Calling him out for public ridicule in this thread is ridiculous! Even if you have been through stuff like this before, that doesn't make it right to take it out on him! Maybe he is in need of mental help. Maybe he's telling the truth. We will probably never know. But why try to alienate a new member and fellow U2 fan? Because you don't believe him? So what? He's not hurting anyone or personally attacking anyone here (well, not before you all attacked him!). This board is supposed to be about U2 fans coming together.... not ripping eachother apart!

I think some of the "hostility" comes from the fact that a lot of us feel that BIS has come here just to try to put one over on us. It's kind of insulting that someone would think they could come here and try to fool us into thinking that s/he knows Bono by calling him Paul and saying things like "Paul knows me so we might go out for a drink after the interview".
That's not a true fan, it's just someone who thinks they're way smarter than they are.

ultravioletluvv said:
Why can't people just leave the guy alone? So what if you don't believe what he says? If it bugs you that much, then chat about it in a private chat or through PMs. Calling him out for public ridicule in this thread is ridiculous! Even if you have been through stuff like this before, that doesn't make it right to take it out on him! Maybe he is in need of mental help. Maybe he's telling the truth. We will probably never know. But why try to alienate a new member and fellow U2 fan? Because you don't believe him? So what? He's not hurting anyone or personally attacking anyone here (well, not before you all attacked him!). This board is supposed to be about U2 fans coming together.... not ripping eachother apart!

why should someone who's just going to post a bunch of lies (and maybe that's the only reason they registered here) get away with it? like sicy said, we've been through this before and the last thing i think we want is to make it seem like we condone this sort of behaviour - people coming on this site just to post misinformation to rile people up. that's the definition of troll, and that can get you banned from the forums.

ultravioletluvv said:

i'm not pointing out anything new by saying that tensions are running high since the postponement of the tour. people are worried about the well-being of the band and the afflicted family member, and many are scrambling to rearrange complicated and costly travel plans that hinge on new announcements.
for some fans, thousands of dollars are at stake, and while money cannot be quantified against the health and well-being of a loved one, it is an important factor.

there has been so much speculation by well-meaning fans as we all try to piece together what has happened, what will happen, and when information will be announced. coming here to share information and experiences is really useful at a time like this.

posts by BIS seem problematic because she is sharing information that by no stretch of the imagination is legitmate, and in doing so *is* harming people--by spouting misinformation, trolling for attention, etc. And to be honest, I don't like the idea of enabling that kind of behavior by continually putting up with it. Why should his inane comments have the privilege of being posted in public forum but the replies or challenges to him need to be in private? Why do I need to treat absurd lies with respect?

If you are interested in befriending her then let us all stay in the public forums and *you* can correspond with her in private emails and PMs and save us from the constant irritation :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom