Bono is a little too monogamous for my taste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to stay out of the fray of this discussion, I'll just say that I agree completely with the first two comments in this thread.

And I appreciate the original poster of this thread for having the COURAGE FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH that many of us have known (either in our hearts or closer to the source of all things U2) for awhile but have been reticient to speak in order to avoid the possible negative consequences. :reject:

I'll say no more except I have always stated that there needed to be MORE DIVERSITY in the people brought up onstage.

Happy Holidays. :wink:

VintagePunk said:
Why has this become so cut-throat? Seriously, what's the reasoning behind it? I'm sure dancing with Bono is a nice moment and all, but it's not like the dancers are suddenly going to become his BFF, be put on his Christmas card list, be invited out for drinks with him, or anything like that.

Anyone care to explain the purpose of this behaviour, because I'm baffled. :huh:

I'm wondering this as well. Bono is a mere mortal, married and not some sort of god that - if he chooses you to dance with - is the only reason to go on living. There needs to be some perspective with the girls that are "competing" to go onstage, and I just don't understand why it's come down to this. :huh:

BTW, who is this "now famous" girl? I guess I missed something. :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Jamila said:
Trying to stay out of the fray of this discussion, I'll just say that I agree completely with the first two comments in this thread.

And I appreciate the original poster of this thread for having the COURAGE FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH that many of us have known (either in our hearts or closer to the source of all things U2) for awhile but have been reticient to speak in order to avoid the possible negative consequences. :reject:

I'll say no more except I have always stated that there needed to be MORE DIVERSITY in the people brought up onstage.

Happy Holidays. :wink:

omg, hell has indeed frozen over! We actually agree on something!! :happy: :hug:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

bonorly.jpg

:lol:

And would someone put a shirt on that owl? I am sure the owl wasn't aware that the shirt was riding down :tsk:

As for the rest. I have made my opinion known several times throughout the last couple months. And perhaps surprisingly to some, it is actually very similar to some of the earlier posts (despite my crazy personal experiences).

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
I'm not so hot on kids getting pulled up because I think the parents get way more out of it than the kids do but its kind of sweet I guess.
I think it's adorable when kids get pulled up, but their parents DO get a little out of control. There was a woman with her son behind me in the ellipse in Boston...apparently Sampson told the kid he'd have Bono pull him on stage...and his mom spent the WHOLE time coaching her son on how to get HER pulled up, too. :rolleyes: And then when another boy was pulled up to hold the light for 40, and I had the kid AND his mom shove me out of the way to do everything they possibly could to attract Bono's attention without actually rushing the stage. I was just a tad annoyed. :mad:

I'm a little tired of the whole pulling people on stage for certain songs...WOWY, MY, Fast Cars, etc...it's expected at this point. Sure, I'm one of those who went to too many shows, but I can definitely say that the WOWY's where there were no girls on stage were the best because the WHOLE crowd got into it.

This is hard to write, because one of my tour buddies was on stage twice, but I think she knows just how excited I was and still am for her.

Last edited:
jilly mullen jr said:
The now famous one butted in front of us in line too in SLC -

So...butting in line in SLC, Cleveland, Chicago and an attempt in Detroit (where the crowd got her tossed to the back - and cell phones were pulled out to complain about arena security). The now-famous still found a way into the ellipse in Detroit.

I have more stories.....and a whole crapload "vertigo lottery" irony if anyone wants to hear it! :)

As for MirO RLY-slava... :up:

Chizip said:

meh, i think guys dressing up as santa to get on stage is just as lame as chicks dressing up for prom to get on stage

Yup seeing since all the people around you had to suffer ny getting hit constantly with the fuzzy collar and hat:( :(

I think it would be kind of cool if Bono would only pull up someone a couple of times per tour leg. There would still be a very slight chance of getting up there, but wouldn't be such a focus.

Although I've been pleased for some of the people here who have gotten on stage, that kind of thing wouldn't make the show any better for me at all (watching someone else get up there I mean. I'm too shy to want to get onstage.). When I go see a show I go to see the band, not other fans. I just think Bono would do better to connect with the audience as a whole during the entire show.

Plus the really pushy, obnoxious people ruin what should be a great time for all, and that just sucks. :mad:

You mean this was here all this time and I don't sign up until after the tour ends? That's what happens when your too busy going to concerts. I think I could shed light on a lot of things you people are discussing here.

In NY, I was standing off to the side and watched as DVD girl came over to a group of girls, some I recognize from other shows. Some I don’t know at all. She said that Bono fixed everything. Another one of her friends said, “He loves you.” Just as delusional. DVD girl looked happy and smiled. Can you see my eyes rolling? When it was time to go inside all of a sudden all her friends were showing up from which ever rock they crawled from under. One was sticking me with her umbrella and turned around to give me a dirty look because I actually said something to her about it. I heard umbrella girl say work was a hellish day. Moving forward. I GOT SCANNED INTO THE ELLIPSE. Yeah baby yeah. By the time I got into the ellipse, amazingly all those girls were on the rail. I’m a dude at a U2 gig IN THE ELLIPSE, so I didn’t mind standing behind them but the discontent among other female fans was evident. I agreed that I didn’t think it was right for you to be at work or out of the line all day but still end up on the rail. People in her group were slipping off ellipse wristbands left and right. Next thing you know, their friends were now all in the ellipse and had squeezed into a rail position. Bono sung to DVD girl all night, I guess that’s what she was there for. They all had skimpy tops, too. Showed lots of skin. Nice. I wasn’t complaining. Someone made the mention to a girls gone wild video, when the music started it was more like divas gone bad.

I saw santa suit chick at a couple of shows and on the DVD too. The times that I saw her at concerts she always had some type of gimmick to get Bono’s attention to get onstage. I was at the concert where Bono FINALLY pulled her onstage and I thought she finally did it. Jillymullen, maybe she can stop the bitching now?

Seemed like some people have some Daddy/attention complex they need to work out, but who am I to judge. I see and hear from a lot of people that these group of chicks are well known for pulling these types of stunts. Kinda makes you other girls wish you had figured out how to work the system, eh? And I mean really work it. LOL In Vegas one chick, I’ll call her picture taking chick, in that same group had ellipse wristbands before we even got into the building. She had gotten them from someone who works at ETS. No, she was not a winner at the ETS drawing for wristbands. She had gotten the wristbands from someone she knew. None of those chicks seem to be a very nice people at all. Even if DVD chick posts I don’t give a fuck. I know I’m telling the truth. I know she and her friends are going to refute everything I say, but I’ve seem many things since the Elevation tour. If Bono knew her personality, and the people who she travels with personalities, he probably would never pick her. However, he doesn’t know so?

I’m sorry to all the girls who didn’t get a dance with Bono because one of these girls cheated their way into the ellipse or on the rail at those concerts. I don’t care what anyone says, if they are on the rail, there is a lesser chance that Bono is going to pick someone different. His repetition of girls prove that point. Calm down girls. I don’t think he’s leaving his wife for anyone of you.

Showing up at the last minute after other people have been waiting out all day? Don’t even get me started on that. I was at Detroit. I was towards the back, so I they didn’t go to back of line. There was a lot of commotion up front. I didn’t give a shit. I just wanted inside and a beer.

Hey Zoney, did we meet?

very brave first couple of posts iluvbeerandu2!
most newbies take it easy for the first 1000 or so :lol:

still, everything you've said appears to be true, and believe me, you're not the only one who's noticed. I personally have no strong opinions of these girls myself having only ever come across them once (and yes, that one time they skipped queue and got front rail) but i know some concert regulars who are more than happy to to share horror stories and have a dig.

as i say, having never really dealt with them myself, i'm gonna try not to pre-judge, but what i've heard isn't pretty and doesn't paint a very nice picture of either the girls or the u2 camp.

Last edited:
iluvbeerandu2 said:
You mean this was here all this time and I don't sign up until after the tour ends? That's what happens when your too busy going to concerts. I think I could shed light on a lot of things you people are discussing here.

In NY, I was standing off to the side and watched as DVD girl came over to a group of girls, some I recognize from other shows. Some I don’t know at all. She said that Bono fixed everything. Another one of her friends said, “He loves you.” Just as delusional. DVD girl looked happy and smiled. Can you see my eyes rolling? When it was time to go inside all of a sudden all her friends were showing up from which ever rock they crawled from under. One was sticking me with her umbrella and turned around to give me a dirty look because I actually said something to her about it. I heard umbrella girl say work was a hellish day. Moving forward. I GOT SCANNED INTO THE ELLIPSE. Yeah baby yeah. By the time I got into the ellipse, amazingly all those girls were on the rail. I’m a dude at a U2 gig IN THE ELLIPSE, so I didn’t mind standing behind them but the discontent among other female fans was evident. I agreed that I didn’t think it was right for you to be at work or out of the line all day but still end up on the rail. People in her group were slipping off ellipse wristbands left and right. Next thing you know, their friends were now all in the ellipse and had squeezed into a rail position. Bono sung to DVD girl all night, I guess that’s what she was there for. They all had skimpy tops, too. Showed lots of skin. Nice. I wasn’t complaining. Someone made the mention to a girls gone wild video, when the music started it was more like divas gone bad.

I saw santa suit chick at a couple of shows and on the DVD too. The times that I saw her at concerts she always had some type of gimmick to get Bono’s attention to get onstage. I was at the concert where Bono FINALLY pulled her onstage and I thought she finally did it. Jillymullen, maybe she can stop the bitching now?

Seemed like some people have some Daddy/attention complex they need to work out, but who am I to judge. I see and hear from a lot of people that these group of chicks are well known for pulling these types of stunts. Kinda makes you other girls wish you had figured out how to work the system, eh? And I mean really work it. LOL In Vegas one chick, I’ll call her picture taking chick, in that same group had ellipse wristbands before we even got into the building. She had gotten them from someone who works at ETS. No, she was not a winner at the ETS drawing for wristbands. She had gotten the wristbands from someone she knew. None of those chicks seem to be a very nice people at all. Even if DVD chick posts I don’t give a fuck. I know I’m telling the truth. I know she and her friends are going to refute everything I say, but I’ve seem many things since the Elevation tour. If Bono knew her personality, and the people who she travels with personalities, he probably would never pick her. However, he doesn’t know so?

I’m sorry to all the girls who didn’t get a dance with Bono because one of these girls cheated their way into the ellipse or on the rail at those concerts. I don’t care what anyone says, if they are on the rail, there is a lesser chance that Bono is going to pick someone different. His repetition of girls prove that point. Calm down girls. I don’t think he’s leaving his wife for anyone of you.

Showing up at the last minute after other people have been waiting out all day? Don’t even get me started on that. I was at Detroit. I was towards the back, so I they didn’t go to back of line. There was a lot of commotion up front. I didn’t give a shit. I just wanted inside and a beer.

Hey Zoney, did we meet?

dude, I think I love you.

:heart:

:lol:

Last edited:
iluvbeerandu2 said:

Hey Zoney, did we meet?

Excellent post - welcome to Interference.

But I am not sure if we met.

In Detroit1, I was near the front of the line. Ended up (like you) surrounded by very beautiful women ( :up: ) on the outside rail of the ellipse. At least one of these beauties had been pulled up before. In fact, Bono reached RIGHT past her to grab someone else from the crowd.

I remember that night thinking "he has done it in the past...is he going to do it again" (pulling up someone who has been pulled up before).

zoney! said:

Excellent post - welcome to Interference.

But I am not sure if we met.

In Detroit1, I was near the front of the line. Ended up (like you) surrounded by very beautiful women ( :up: ) on the outside rail of the ellipse. At least one of these beauties had been pulled up before. In fact, Bono reached RIGHT past her to grab someone else from the crowd.

I remember that night thinking "he has done it in the past...is he going to do it again" (pulling up someone who has been pulled up before).

I knew he wasn't going for me fairly quickly. He just needed someone stong as bull to get on the platform. I strong like bull!!! :wink:

Thank god. And I happily helped pulled that girl up. :D

iluvbeerandu2 said:
People in her group were slipping off ellipse wristbands left and right. Next thing you know, their friends were now all in the ellipse and had squeezed into a rail position.

Ah, the power of anorexia!

:wink:

And hmmm... Just to clarify a few things here. I am not going to sit here and deny a lot of the things that have been said under VERY thin disguise about some people. I would be a liar to do so. I also do think is a bit unfair for everyone to come out of the woodwork and say all of this (even if it is true) in this manner.

What I think is a bit frustrating to me is that this is all coming out at this point. Now that the TOUR is OVER. I have personally made my feelings known about this to a couple of those people on more than one ocassion. It didn't make tooooo much of a difference other than to add to some tension. I do wonder how many other have even said a peep face to face to any of them (sounds like some of you have :up: ). I believe some of these issues could have been rectified if enough people had spoken up... Then again, I know that not everyone has my big fat mouth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom