Bono is a little too monogamous for my taste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2ElevatesMe said:
Excellent response! I can't believe that people are getting so worked up over all of this. It's ridiculous, not to mention the fact that it doesn't do any good to start all the complaining when the tour is over.

No one I know has ever asked to be pulled up on stage. Bono knows a few of the fans simply because they go to a ton of shows. The ones he pulls up again and again don't ask for it. He likes having them on stage because they do what he wants and don't freak out.

I was at the line right after Khelia's name was put on the list and when she was confronted about her spot. The fact is that we had a huge group of people and agreed to wait in shifts throughout the night which was approved by the line guy so long as the people around us were cool with it. We talked to the people in back, as well as in front of us and also let them know it would be fine with us if they wanted to do the same thing. I was around the line from about 10-12 and when Khelia got to the hotel from the airport she went straight to the GA line and slept out until the rest of our group got out there at 5am at which point she went back to the hotel for no more than an hour to print out everyones ETS vouchers so we could get official numbers. No one had any problems with this until right after the guy came out to explain how the numbering would work. Which, by the way, according to him only one person needed to be in line with everyones tickets so it wouldn't have mattered if she wasn't there all night anyway. Why this became an issue I cannot understand. Everything that took place was completely legit.

I don't know why people have to create such drama over all of this. Bono pulls people up multiple times, who cares? If you wait in line all night you can get the front rail too. I was at quite a few of the same shows as Khelia on the 3rd leg and every single one she waited out since the night before so she could get that spot. You forget that only one person has to beep to get in anywhere from 1 to 4 other people, depending on how many they feel like letting you take in. You go in a group and you're almost guaranteed to get in, which is the approach she took, as well as many others. You can't really cheat the system and get front rail. The girl is lucky, what can you do?

Alright. That's all I have to say about the issue. I'm happy for everyone that got on stage and got into the ellipse. We're all there for the music and for the great friends that you can make!

Yes, what U2Elevatesme posted is right. We even waited in line all night in SLC with Khelia and the others in the cold and we didn't even end up rail. Any spot inside the ellipse or even outside is grand...heck to be anyplace in the arena is amazing!! Khelia has been in seats, by the sound board etc many times this tour. We have never heard her complain. Bono's decision of wanting her to dance for the crowd has always been because he knows she is a great dancer and a great person etc....

Again, Happy Holidays to everybody here. Lets not let the New year be tainted by these negative thoughts about fellow fans. :)

Love and Peace.

LATwins said:

Yes, what U2Elevatesme posted is right. We even waited in line all night in SLC with Khelia and the others in the cold and we didn't even end up rail. Any spot inside the ellipse or even outside is grand...heck to be anyplace in the arena is amazing!! Khelia has been in seats, by the sound board etc many times this tour. We have never heard her complain. Bono's decision of wanting her to dance for the crowd has always been because he knows she is a great dancer and a great person etc....

Again, Happy Holidays to everybody here. Lets not let the New year be tainted by these negative thoughts about fellow fans. :)

Love and Peace.

gnome.jpg

Khelia,

Would be happy to email you..

Would like to clear up a few things though...
although i didn't have my u2 membership card in SLC i would have found out within 5 minutes that i didn't need it. In fact, when I got up to my sister she already knew that I didn't need it. We did end up first in the ellipse because of the ETS raffle.

You did tell us how the ETS raffle works but several other people did as well. I don't think that we got the tickets because of you.

I know you defended me when I was on stage and I was happy for that but at the same time I understood why people didn't like it and that was fine. If you read this thread there are tons of people on stage who acted like me and got ripped apart here. It's all right though. I did expect it after NYC.

As for me letting people in line when I ran it, that's not true. I did not let anyone on the list without them being there. As for my mom, I can't believe that a 55 year old lady can't get there at 4am. Because she wasn't there, we gave you and your mom our scan (i don't think your mom waited out either) and this resulted in your first time on stage in Vertigo.

Guess I wrote a bit more than I was planning...

Last edited:
Bidding's stalled on that one :yikes:

Well this thread has filled me with so much hope for the Oz/NZ tour next March. Be prepared for threads where all the Down Under fans will be bitch slapping Axver.

:mad:

:shifty:

:happy:

Miroslava said:

I think they meant buddy-ing... meaning the phenomenon where one or two make an appearance and come 5:00 PM there's a larger number of people in that spot that no one seems to remember being in line at all :happy:

Ah, thank you for the explanation Miro. I was confused about that too. :wink:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Honestly I think he should just stop pulling up girls. Not because I'm jealous or mad, but I've seen girls give each other the stink eye over getting chosen/not getting chosen, or girls with the most elaborate signs for no other purpose than begging Bono to pull them onstage and it's so annoying to me. I've never been pulled up and yeah, I'd love it but hey, that's never been why I go to a U2 show or try to get on the rail and it's not what I'm thinking about the whole time or spending time making signs for. I know a few of the girls who've been pulled up and was nothing but happy and excited for them....and I've even heard them say they almost wished it never happened b/c people make such a big deal over it.

Also, it's getting old. He either pulls someone up to dance, or pulls someone up to hold during WOWY. I like it when he pulls up little kids b/c they're cute and totally unpredictable. I also think it's fun when he does more random things, like pulling up the flag group, or that guy to play piano in St Louis.

I just wanted to put my two cents in on this one, I was lucky enough to be pulled up during WOWY in Boston on October 4 and the reaction that I got from others around me after the show was amazing. Everyone was so nice and congratulating me. I even had people come up to me and give me their cards so that they can send me pictures that they took. I wasn't trying to get pulled up, the thought of getting pulled up there hadn't crossed my mind. I was having the time of my life at the show that night and the night before. When WOWY started I didn't even know where Bono was until I looked up and saw him standing in front of me. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget.
I do like that he brings people on stage with him during the show, not just for WOWY but for any other song (and I would say that even if I hadn't gotten up there) :) I do think that the "regulars" take away from other people's chances of getting up there though. I think that helped contribute to me getting up there, I didn't see any of the "regulars" there that night. Those two nights in October there didn't seem to be that tension around when many of the "regulars" are around. It just seemed to be alot of the locals at that show which was nice. I don't know, this is just what I feel.

I woud just like to state that I am not jealous because I voiced others should have a chance. Since I sat in the 1st balcony it wasn't like Bono was going to put up a ladder and come claim me for a dance,lol. Also I have always been very sincere with my congratulations to those who got on stage. No Im not saying all of this because I feel I was attacked or anything. My whole point has been from the beginning that it would be nice for others to have a chance. Damn Bono for the hell he has caused on the internet! :giggle:

Btw Headache if you need a good lawyer for your baby my oldest brother is a family lawyer in MN :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:
Bidding's stalled on that one :yikes:

Well this thread has filled me with so much hope for the Oz/NZ tour next March. Be prepared for threads where all the Down Under fans will be bitch slapping Axver.

:mad:

:shifty:

:happy:

You just know if he got pulled up on stage he would be telling Bono which songs they should be playing instead. :rolleyes: :wink:

I’m a total newbie here and I started reading this post seriously and even added my thoughts about the GA/ellipse becoming a little tense for everyone involved (those who feel slighted for whatever reason, those who have to deal with the post-onstage lashings, and mostly just for those who are there to watch) and how sad that is, especially given U2’s overall message. I’m sorry that some people on all sides of the issue are genuinely hurt BUT I have to say that now this thread is freakin hilarious. I wish you all happy holidays and may all your U2 wishes come true.

OUCH!

Harlequinn said:

As for unforgettable fire, I am not even sure where to start with you. First, you know as well as I do that I did not cut you and you know as well as I do that you were the one who got your number and left all night and all day. I never stated or implied that I have any status beyond that of any other fan in line. I simply told you that my friends and I would like to walk in together. Yes, this should be about the music. It still is for me whether I am inside rail, outside rail, back of the ellipse, by the soundboard, behind the stage, second level seats, or up in rafters (all places I have been on this tour). I know what you are insinuating with this post and it is not appreciated. The “I am a better fan than you because I have been into them longer” is crap and is not even an argument that should be entertained. There is no scam going on with the lottery. It is simply a matter of numbers and paying attention. Finally, as far as credentials – looks, age, education etc. - that is a ridiculous argument and one I am not going to get into with you except to say it is a perfect illustration of the cattiness that has become so prevalent on this site.

God bless you for one long ass post.
1. You are one amazingly beautiful gal
1.5 Never been called catty. But I like it. Most people have always thought of me as more of a tomboy, so maybe this makes me look more fem.
2. You seemed to have gone to many, many shows.......tour blog?
3. Your Cleveland facts are wrong. We slept in my car and froze are freaking asses off around the corner......bad idea....I woke up feeling like hell and felt like crap for the show.....but still had a good time. If I did it again, I would have gotten seats!
4. If I were you, having your young spirit and apparent luck, I wouldn't give a shit what I or anyone else said.
5. Number 4 sounds strange.....yes, I know. This is what I do on my lunch break, and occasionally at night when my kids are in bed.....I wouldn't take it too terribly serious! I sure don't.
6. I am not a "bigger" fan because I have listened to U2 for a certain amount of years.
7. People are people wherever you go....
8. It sounds like you have a lot of smart, educated friends.
9. #9 shows us that U2 has a very educated and professional following....I like that...at least there is not any chick breaking beer bottles over a head for a complaint. I admire your post and all I can say is.....just don't cut when people are and have been really nice to you. It just isn't right or cool. I can TOTALLY see and agree with letting your older mom in or a child.....that is actually the right thing to do. I would hope someone would also let me in if I were with my 70 year old mom or one of my children.
10. I really, really, really, pray that on the next tour that they go back to seats!!!!!!!!!! Like I said, the way Pearl Jam does it is great!!!!! None of this would happen.....but, would some continue to go to shows for just the music?
That darn Bono....he can stir it up when he's not even around!
xanax and wine all around
UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom