Bono Irish Falcon Guitar Released at NAMM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Wow the're really dissing Bono over this guitar. I haven't heard anything about it, untill today:

http://musicthing.blogspot.com/2005/07/namm-bono-designs-vile-expensive.html

So what's wrong with this guitar anyway? :shrug:

344537%3A%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2329%3D82%3B%3D83%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323986%3A68747ot1lsi

There's just no limit to this guys talent. Sounds like "guitar" envy to me:wink:

Probably because Bono is not known for his amazing guitar playing ability. I think he's good, be's no <fill in name here>.

prof_peabody said:
Probably because Bono is not known for his amazing guitar playing ability.

I agree. But just because he's not Les Paul doesn't mean he knows absolutely nothing about the workings of a guitar and knows what he would have in a guitar if he could build one, which, it seems he has. :wink:

One of these days I will stop laughing at the name "Irish Falcon" the press release states it was "Built to Bono's own exacting specifications":huh:

Yeah, it's a great looking instrument.

The comments on that page are funny.

KUEFC09U2 said:
see there really is no need for such a sarcastic post.

Why do you even bother? :wink: I am pretty sure that most of the users are adults and free to post whatever comments they feel like as long as its not going against the forum rules.

The guitar looks great :drool:

yimou said:

Why do you even bother? :wink: I am pretty sure that most of the users are adults and free to post whatever comments they feel like as long as its not going against the forum rules.

:up: Yes, the guitar surely is a beauty.....:drool:

yimou said:

because i know it gets on your nerves

Does this happen to be the guitar he used durring "One" at Live 8? The one he hit the wrong notes on durring Unchained Melody? :wink:

IrishDawg said:
Does this happen to be the guitar he used durring "One" at Live 8? The one he hit the wrong notes on durring Unchained Melody? :wink:

I thought it was Edge who hit the wrong node :scratch:

U2Man said:

I thought it was Edge who hit the wrong node :scratch:

Edge hit a wrong note? :ohmy:

Haha, I guess it's possible. But I thought it was Bono because he laughed with himself and the crowd when he or Edge did it. Dunno.

"makes me laugh some peope have so much bitterness towards U2 its unbelivable, if people relised the message "the goal is soul" came from the elevatiom tour, were the theme of the tour was soul, and actually helped alot of americans through 9/11,

oh and the edge, name me another upto date guitar player who has greated his own sound.......the word for you folks=jealousy"

good post over there.

RademR said:
"makes me laugh some peope have so much bitterness towards U2 its unbelivable, if people relised the message "the goal is soul" came from the elevatiom tour, were the theme of the tour was soul, and actually helped alot of americans through 9/11,

oh and the edge, name me another upto date guitar player who has greated his own sound.......the word for you folks=jealousy"

good post over there.

Excellent quote from whoever said that. It seems as if most guitarist now just use powerchords and aren't very creative. (See: Snow Patrol and Green Day, although Snow Patrol does rock :wink: ) At least Edge has done something new that no other guitarists before him have done.

Except for the Flock of Seagulls fans who claim the Edge stole the sound from their guitarist :eyebrow: :huh:

Back
Top Bottom