Bono In Sydney with family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Precious3

The Fly
Not that exciting but i thought i would share it. Just seen on the news, bono and his family taking a boat ride on the Harbour, and enjoying a drink on the balcony of the hotel.
I didnt think he would be in Australia so soon

i didnt see footage but they mentioned he was staying in an exclusive eastern suburbs appartment in sydney

Precious3 said:
I didnt think he would be in Australia so soon

Why not?
If the tour was going ahead, NZ is just a 3-hour flight.
Also, I believe Ali’s brother lives in Sydney, so a family catch up would be on the cards.

With Bono in town, perhaps the decision to postpone has been made at the very last minute. So something is serious.

Well, it seems sad that he'll be heading home soon, someone close to the band is ill and they have postponed the whole australian and Hawaii dates, I hope everything is ok with their families.

Has there been any sightings of him? How reliable is this info? I did not know Ali's brother lived in Sydney. Is this speculation or fact?

imogen said:
Has there been any sightings of him? How reliable is this info? I did not know Ali's brother lived in Sydney. Is this speculation or fact?

Channel 7 news had video fottage of them (shot from a distance)

Unless it was just a look a like in a pink shirt and cowboy hat...we all know bono has a closet full of those!

yeah i seen pics of him and someone else in a boat on the harbour
yeah Edges daughter has cancer if u have not read n e other posts, so we beleive thats y its postponed

Apparently when Bono and Co. were in Sydney in January, they were staying at some joint overlooking the harbour that was not accessible by car. Some little hideaway that the media supposedly couldn't get to. Some rich guy offered them the place for a while.

I can't understand why Bono would want to go there so soon after that initial holiday. Wouldn't he rather stop off at Dublin or spend a few days in Kiwi country before the first gig....

And you'd have to be out of your mind to go on 2 holidays to Sydney in 2 months....

It's a sad excuse for a city...

intedomine said:
And you'd have to be out of your mind to go on 2 holidays to Sydney in 2 months....

Sydney's not that bad. Maybe Bono feels more comfortable when he has a kind of 'home base' to return to. :shrug:

Bono was in Sydney in January????? WTF???

Why am I only hearing about this now? Call me a mushroom!

intedomine said:

lol. With that chip on your shoulder you must be from Melbourne.

bazza said:
yeh and melb is such an attractive place - he could visit the mcg

Just one of many things to do in our great town...

Very attractive place, and very real...

Melbourne has everything. There is ALWAYS something happening in the CBD. And there are smiling faces everywhere, especially if you go along the beautiful Beach Road.

People rave about St Kilda, but if you go down further south, the appeal never fades. A delightful drive...

Melbourne has the best fashion festivals, best comedy festivals, best music.

There is also something very exciting about travelling to the outer suburbs of Melbourne. There is always something to see, to experience.

Melbourne is never artificial. The city doesn't pretend to be some place it's not. Melbourne is a city with it all...

Melbourne is a nice little city. I just like stirring intedomine who loves to drop a Sydney bash in every now and then. Living in a city that regularly cleans up "Best City in the World" type awards makes it easy for me to fight back. :wink:

0,10114,5120626,00.jpg

imogen said:
I did not know Ali's brother lived in Sydney. Is this speculation or fact?

Yes, it is a fact. Ali's brother and family live in Sydney, and have for a long time.

A lot of U2's equipment has already arrived in Australia, again indicating that the decision to postpone was a very recent one.:(

Earnie Shavers said:
Melbourne is a nice little city. I just like stirring intedomine who loves to drop a Sydney bash in every now and then. Living in a city that regularly cleans up "Best City in the World" type awards makes it easy for me to fight back. :wink:

:lol:

I was just thinking that.

Bono and Mrs Bono spent an afternoon looking at some real estate in Sydney.

I think this should be U2's next step - Sydney pub band. You have no claim to "biggest band in the world" if you haven't even played a single Rooty Hill RSL gig.

Earnie Shavers said:
Bono and Mrs Bono spent an afternoon looking at some real estate in Sydney.

I think this should be U2's next step - Sydney pub band. You have no claim to "biggest band in the world" if you haven't even played a single Rooty Hill RSL gig.

Aaah, but I hear the audience at the Penrith Panthers are hard to beat.....:D

Ali's brother lives in Sydney.

That is why the Hewson family goes there often.

Ali is very close to her brother.

It is something Paul can do for his wife.

Back
Top Bottom