Bono Guitar playing on elevation tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

villamania

The Fly
Is Bono playing much guitar on the elevation tour? I remember seeing u2 at wembley stadium in 1987 and he got a lot of ribbing about his rudimentary guitar playing during the concert. On under a blood red sky when they play "a day without me" I don't understand why he called for the guitar he barely played it on the song. To be honest I couldnt hear any sound coming from his guitar at the Wembley concert and added very little to the sound. Has he improved since then or has he left it to the Edge to deliver the guitar riffs.

I love him playing the guitar when they play GONE and LAST NIGHT ON EARTH Especially during POPMART. Dont care how he sounded he still looked cool!

Top songs Bono looks good or sounds good playing guitar live:

Gone
Staring At The Sun
Last Night On Earth
With or Without You (Joshua Tree Tour)
?????

I do have to admit he is one of the few front men who look good with a guitar. Has anyone ever seen Mick Jagger playing :huh:

The guitar is a prop. Yeah he's "playing" but they barely have him in the mix. I have ZooTV bootlegs where you can hear his guitar playing ability, for example on The Fly--pretty bad.

Yeah, this tour you can hear it...but its not good. There are certain things he does that are good, like Running to Stand Still...I think they had it a little hotter in the mix last tour. I might have been hearing him through his actual amp..and not through the mains. I have very high quality custom ear plugs and am able to pick stuff out like that, but for most it is completely lost.

cmb737 said:
I have very high quality custom ear plugs and am able to pick stuff out like that, but for most it is completely lost.

Can I ask why? If it's a medical condition, no need to respond as I respect your privacy.

But I'm just thinking..hmm is there a better way to hear a concert with these ear plugs you describe? And if so, where do I get them and how much?

Back
Top Bottom