Bono gave a shout out to Zootopia at the end of the Hawaii show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey fragrant,

Here is a photo I shot at Tokyo 3 showing Bono peering down (sort of) at the banner beneath me during WOWY:

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2385666820054037085SybfRw

He squatted down and stared at me for awhile before he looked at the banner, and I was hoping he would bring me up on stage to say something about it, but then I started worrying that he would ask me some questions about it and, since I'm not a Zootopian, I wouldn't know what to say. I would've just said something like, "Uh, it's to help the poor people" or something. Then, I would've told him to get you onstage instead. Then I started worrying that he'd bring me up onstage and start hugging me and everyone would be laughing at me, like "Carrie".

In that same photo album are some shots of fans and Bono holding up your peace cranes, great job with that!

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2816751250054037085xmzIcz

Last edited:
:ohmy: WOW, im a little surprised at the reaction here. But hey, to each their own.

As for the shout-out to zootopia, there were 3, not one. Listen to the Hawaii boot and you will hear them. It is also due i think not only to the banner, but to the fact that the people that organized the ALOHA (RED) NIGHT were zootopians, and had contacted the (RED) organizers and media and the band was very much aware of of these efforts. I mean, you did see Rocko with his (RED) shirt, did you not?

If you want to know more about the banner, here is the link:

www.myspace.comg/gloria02

Tina made it and it got passed on to different zootopians all over the world. It was a great way of spreading the news about it, and many people would come up and ask, What is that? and we would go into the spiel. I had the banner with me twice, and was proud to have it, and many many people either had it at shows or transported it for others so it could make all the shows. I also got Bono and Edge to sign it in Milwaukee, and had a nice chat about it as they had seen it before. It did get on stage a couple fo times, but that was more because Tania/Kite had it and they know her. Just as the band knows several diehard ladies from Interference and have pulled them up on stage, so all is good

I think there is plenty of space both online and off for ALL of us, and there is a large crossover of fans that frequent several U2 fan sites. As there are many fans that dont. So I see no problem

Over at Zootopia, we respect our fellow fans in ALL sites, and would love for them (and you) to come over and chat with us once in a while.

We are ONE afterall.

Baja

Last edited:
Bajagirl said:
:ohmy: WOW, im a little surprised at the reaction here. But hey, to each their own.

As for the shout-out to zootopia, there were 3, not one. Listen to the Hawaii boot and you will hear them. It is also due i think not only to the banner, but to the fact that the people that organized the ALOHA (RED) NIGHT were zootopians, and had contacted the (RED) organizers and media and the band was very much aware of of these efforts. I mean, you did see Rocko with his (RED) shirt, did you not?

If you want to know more about the banner, here is the link:

www.myspace.comg/gloria02

Tina made it and it got passed on to different zootopians all over the world. It was a great way of spreading the news about it, and many people would come up and ask, What is that? and we would go into the spiel. I had the banner with me twice, and was proud to have it, and many many people either had it at shows or transported it for others so it could make all the shows. I also got Bono and Edge to sign it in Milwaukee, and had a nice chat about it as they had seen it before. It did get on stage a couple fo times, but that was more because Tania/Kite had it and they know her. Just as the band knows several diehard ladies from Interference and have pulled them up on stage, so all is good

I think there is plenty of space both online and off for ALL of us, and there is a large crossover of fans that frequent several U2 fan sites. As there are many fans that dont. So I see no problem

Over at Zootopia, we respect our fellow fans in ALL sites, and would love for them (and you) to come over and chat with us once in a while.

We are ONE afterall.

Baja

While I totally agree with what you are saying as far as respect by the zootops in zootopia I don't see it. They pretty much bash us over there. I am a paid member of u2.com and have been for a couple of years and have seen a few occasions where they have done just that.
Frankly, I think the us vs. them is ridiculous and very childish! I think there are some nice people over in zootopia.

That's my 2 cents..

U2Fanatic4ever said:

While I totally agree with what you are saying as far as respect by the zootops in zootopia I don't see it. They pretty much bash us over there. I am a paid member of u2.com and have been for a couple of years and have seen a few occasions where they have done just that.
Frankly, I think the us vs. them is ridiculous and very childish! I think there are some nice people over in zootopia.

That's my 2 cents..

Exactly! :up: It happens on both sites. It was very evident a few times on Vertigo with the setlist parties on both sites. Who has a source and who doesnt. Became territorial in a way. Its childish but its part of human behavior unfortunately. I belong to Zootopia but dont post much if at all. Its not because of the people there though. I just dont like the way the forum and format are laid out. :shrug:

Regarding the banner thing. I cant speak from first hand experience with the Zootopian Vertigo banner. But I have seen fans in similiar situations that do think they are entitled to certain things or deserve them in their own minds. "I need to be up front, I have this banner for Bono to see!" Or " I traveled all the way from X country, I should be up front!" No, you shouldnt. If you camped out and earned your way there, then Great you do. But its not something that is bequeathed to you, you earn it by putting in the time. Very simple. I have seen this taken to ridiculous levels on several tours.

Last edited:
coolian2 said:
Agreed, i get annoyed with having to tick that little box everytime i go there.

There are some other technical annoyances too.

Yeah that is one of the major annoyances I have with the format too. And the whenever you first sign in the WITS song starts playing and then stops when you link to the next page then starts again at the next link. ugh! :mad:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Yeah that is one of the major annoyances I have with the format too. And the whenever you first sign in the WITS song starts playing and then stops when you link to the next page then starts again at the next link. ugh! :mad:

Visit the site with your speakers maxed up like i always do.

A U2 song has never scared me quite as much.

coolian2 said:

Visit the site with your speakers maxed up like i always do.

A U2 song has never scared me quite as much.

EXACTLY!! :ohmy:

i have to remember to mute my volume before going on to that site or I get blasted with my Bose speakers on my puter... Not a pretty sight! :huh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

That's my 2 cents..

Agreed!!

Even more so when it was laid out that We protect our own over in Zootopia!

I even remember when zootops didn't even want to let Interferencers be invited to the Bono DC talk get together!!

Sigh!

Back
Top Bottom