Bono/edge Interview On Rte 2fm In 5 Mins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono is becoming more and more painful to listen to.
My God the waffle that comes out of his mouth.
I miss Mr Mac Phisto.
Now we have Mr Ego.

Fano said:
Bono is becoming more and more painful to listen to.
My God the waffle that comes out of his mouth.
I miss Mr Mac Phisto.
Now we have Mr Ego.
why come onto a U2 message board just to fucking have a go at someone?

KUEFC09U2 said:

Hmmmm.....are you in favour of censoring out non-complimentary posts about U2?

I made a fair comment.
Did you hear the interview ?
The bullshit Bono spoke in it was crazy.
I like the music but Bono is becoming a loose cannon.

differing opinions is great (if we all agreed, life would be dull)

but we can state our points w/o calling eachother names:applaud:

The quote I have I think is extremely vital. I actually got it from a Sports Night episode, but I think the "And if you're smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you." There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with differences of opinion. I think it's a quite healthy for a conversation, as long as the debate is kept clean and unattacking.:)

But, to get back on topic - what was in the interview? For whoever listened to it, can any of you remember what Bono/Edge were asked and responded with?

Last edited:
i cant watch bono being interviewed at the moment, it doesn't mean i dont worship the band. the bono in the book by michka is fascinating and smart and engaging. the bono interviewed by mainstream media recently is in my opinion pretty boring and predictable. i think partly it is because we listen to his every word and we become very sensitive to how much he is scripted. His on stage banter is almost identical every night and so are his interviews. Bono caters for the casual fans. we will always be around! can't blame him!

Don't jump on people for having an opinion about u2 and bono that isn't always postive. it's healthy.

U2Fan101 said:
But, to get back on topic - what was in the interview? For whoever listened to it, can any of you remember what Bono/Edge were asked and responded with?

They talked about a bunch of different stuff, including Bono's political work, the relationships within the band, the songwriting process, playing old songs and "Pop." If you go to the Dave Fanning section of the 2FM site (at www.rte.ie) you should be able to listen to an archived version of the interview. It was a two-parter and ran yesterday and today.

I listened to the interview, and would like to know what Fano was referring to (I didn't hear anything particularly egregious in Bono's remarks.) Fano got jumped on because it was the usual "Bono is an eejit" remark wothout anything to support it. Yes, everyone's entitled to an opinion, but you need to be prepared to support it with some specifics. Why are his remarks "bullshit" and why is he a "loose cannon"?

Why are his remarks "bullshit" and why is he a "loose cannon"?
For example Bono stating how he advised Tony Blair and Gordon Brown as to how they could reunite the 'divided' Labour party in the Uk very easily.
His view of politics is extremely simplified.
I know he tries to do good but he is overdoing it now and is like a worn out record.
People have got the message at this stage and dont need to be bombarded with his ideals at every possible interview,concert,promo.
Variety is the spice of life.
Listening to Bono before was fascinating ,now though its predictable ,boring and annoying.

Last edited:
only adam and larry have anything interesting, modest or funny to say anymore.

makes me wonder why some people are still fans if they have such feelings.....very strange

chrissybaby said:
i cant watch bono being interviewed at the moment, it doesn't mean i dont worship the band. the bono in the book by michka is fascinating and smart and engaging. the bono interviewed by mainstream media recently is in my opinion pretty boring and predictable. i think partly it is because we listen to his every word and we become very sensitive to how much he is scripted. His on stage banter is almost identical every night and so are his interviews. Bono caters for the casual fans. we will always be around! can't blame him!

Don't jump on people for having an opinion about u2 and bono that isn't always postive. it's healthy.

:up:

chrissybaby said:

well said chrissybaby!!!

Larry's the one i like to listen to,he has a great quote in a u2 mag i got with the paper last week,''IT'S A TOUGH LIFE BEING A POP STAR....WHEN YOU'VE PAID ALL THE BILLS AND PUT THE KIDS THROUGH COLLEGE THERE'S ONLY ENOUGH LEFT FOR A SMALL ISLAND OFF THE SOUTH PACIFIC.''

Can't wait for the second ever dream it all up again speech because B-man is losing it guys..hate to say it but it's true.
Adam is such a cool character in comparisson to Bono nowadays.
Bono is overdoing it and maybe too much is not enough according to one of their songs but too much in the normal world is. Stop the preaching and start playing or the other way around but don't make turn this band into a hobbyclub!

The other one is Edge which I have extremly high regards to(or for I don't know) this bullshit about reinventing his guitarwork for HTDAAB, maybe we are listening to a different album or something but it's BS...Achtung baby was reinventing guitars, pop was reinvenventing guitars but boy oh boy the mainstream public didn't like pop so what do they do? they throw their last sense of adventure out of the window and produce ATYCLB which in U2 standards is a mediocre album to say the least(the last couple of songs with the acception of WILATW are a joke compared to their standards). They tour and hell it was amazing, the music, the admosphere it all was great...Slane castle will be a concert I have seen which will never be beaten by any band any night

Bono goes to Africa does a lot of good things and every buildingstone for a kick ass record are there...I really expected HTDAAB to be an stunning masterpiece in the line of AB and JT because of that. instead of that we get an album with I (after 7 months) dare to say isnt 'that great at all(better than ATYCLB).. Cooperating with the extremely overrated producer Steve W. is a vital mistake. first single: Vertigo, a punksong from Venus or something like that and a nice radiofriendly hit it becomes. The vertigotour begins very good lots of haven't been played for a long time classics but when the boys arive in Europe they seem to have left them at the airport..

all I'm saying is..Macphisto must be turning in his grave..

I promis wholeheartedly that this will be my last extremely disspaointed post. from now on I will be relaxed again..I just had to throw this out for my own sake. oh Adam and Larry rock by the way!
:wink:

claytons edge said:
Larry's the one i like to listen to,he has a great quote in a u2 mag i got with the paper last week,''IT'S A TOUGH LIFE BEING A POP STAR....WHEN YOU'VE PAID ALL THE BILLS AND PUT THE KIDS THROUGH COLLEGE THERE'S ONLY ENOUGH LEFT FOR A SMALL ISLAND OFF THE SOUTH PACIFIC.''

Larry the Legend!:up: :wink:

zwervers2 said:
Can't wait for the second ever dream it all up again speech because B-man is losing it guys..hate to say it but it's true.
Adam is such a cool character in comparisson to Bono nowadays.
Bono is overdoing it and maybe too much is not enough according to one of their songs but too much in the normal world is. Stop the preaching and start playing or the other way around but don't make turn this band into a hobbyclub!

The other one is Edge which I have extremly high regards to(or for I don't know) this bullshit about reinventing his guitarwork for HTDAAB, maybe we are listening to a different album or something but it's BS...Achtung baby was reinventing guitars, pop was reinvenventing guitars but boy oh boy the mainstream public didn't like pop so what do they do? they throw their last sense of adventure out of the window and produce ATYCLB which in U2 standards is a mediocre album to say the least(the last couple of songs with the acception of WILATW are a joke compared to their standards). They tour and hell it was amazing, the music, the admosphere it all was great...Slane castle will be a concert I have seen which will never be beaten by any band any night

Bono goes to Africa does a lot of good things and every buildingstone for a kick ass record are there...I really expected HTDAAB to be an stunning masterpiece in the line of AB and JT because of that. instead of that we get an album with I (after 7 months) dare to say isnt 'that great at all(better than ATYCLB).. Cooperating with the extremely overrated producer Steve W. is a vital mistake. first single: Vertigo, a punksong from Venus or something like that and a nice radiofriendly hit it becomes. The vertigotour begins very good lots of haven't been played for a long time classics but when the boys arive in Europe they seem to have left them at the airport..

all I'm saying is..Macphisto must be turning in his grave..

I promis wholeheartedly that this will be my last extremely disspaointed post. from now on I will be relaxed again..I just had to throw this out for my own sake. oh Adam and Larry rock by the way!
:wink:
and this comment just goes on to further ever comment i have made about you, just because Bomb wasnt a materpiece for you, it was for others, me included, you really need to stop thinking just because you dont like something, or dont feel its so good, that everybody else thinks the same, because they dont, but anyway, am sure you cant take the negativity out of this man

KUEFC09U2 said:
and this comment just goes on to further ever comment i have made about you, just because Bomb wasnt a materpiece for you, it was for others, me included, you really need to stop thinking just because you dont like something, or dont feel its so good, that everybody else thinks the same, because they dont, but anyway, am sure you cant take the negativity out of this man

This post was before our discussion today on the other thread...you can take the negativity out of this man it's not hat hard..I withdraw some comments posted in this thread because I allready told you that on some level you and Kelly were right.
Look you do not know me and if you did the last thing you would call me is problably negative maybe I posted a little bit too much facts while I meant my opinion...

KUEFC09U2 said:

One other thing KUEFCo9U2. If you read the post I never ever mentoined other people and I absolutely never said that other people should think the same or think the same. That's your assumption. stop defending the band so much and do not read what you only want to read..that might help

zwervers2 said:

One other thing KUEFCo9U2. If you read the post I never ever mentoined other people and I absolutely never said that other people should think the same or think the same. That's your assumption. stop defending the band so much and do not read what you only want to read..that might help

to close: don't post about people you do not know personally, talk about the band and express how you feel about them and if you think that other people are wrong or right in their thoughts.
the sentence"and this comment just goes on to further every comment I have made about you" just won't do..

Back
Top Bottom