Bono...cowboy hat or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
Bono once again wore the cowboy hat for the Grammy Awards and I'm beginning to really hope that he doesn't pull it out for the tour. The straw cowboy hat is a little a too much of a Bob Dylan fashion statement and not one of his better looks.

Thoughts?:)

Last edited:
I like the cowboy hat but I wish he doesn't go wearing it all the time, especially when he's performing. He doesn't have to hide himself behind a hat.

the straw hat doesn't seem to go with the whole black clothing rock star look. get back out your cut up jeans and poncho if your gonna wear the hat

or just don't wear the hat at all ;)

i watched the popmart video the other day..i kinda miss the days of the short haircut! of course my wife who has never seen popmart.. didn't like the bubble suit he wears during the encore...and i found it quite hard trying to explain the suit..

Bono's best hair ever was Popmart, shaved and bald :wink:

I don't like the hat much either.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, am I the only person who likes it? :drool: :drool:

well,bono looks silly with that hat,but he's always been himself,sometimes cool, sometime dodgy indeed...But let's not push him, let him wear what he wants!

I can't say I cared either way with the "Dismantle" promo pictures.

Last night, I thought it looked great on him.

No hat... it didn't look bad, but I think the whole 'Irish cowboy' thing just would be a little too much for an entire tour, it would get old fast.

Fine with another look but hated the bald Pop mart tour costumes for Bono as well as the rest of the band.

We need a Bono with hair.

I didnt mind the hat he had on last night but since when have U2 been about fashion....never.

Wearing the hat occasionally is fine, but not all the time, DEFINITLEY did not like the bald look, Bono absolutely needs hair, the longer the better:drool: I liked the mullet too:cute:

I like Bono in hats, and I loved him in the top hat he wore during Joshua, which I have pics of him in with me.

The cowboy hat is cool. Very Rattle & Hum. It'll play well in the red states, it hides the ol' receding hairline, and is age-appropriate. It looks kind of weird with the sunglasses, though.

He should grow his hair really long, in a ponytail, like he did back in the late '80s.

well i'm in the "don't give a shit how bono dresses or looks" group, but I'll say :down:

looks alright on him actually, but I think it doesnt suit him on stage.... mirrorball man, that was awesome :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom