Bono Backache

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dazzledbylight said:
oh, sorry to hear that TBF! :hug:

It's allright, it's not as bad as it was once. Good to see you again dazzled. :hug:

I hope Bono gets some treatment during the tour. Many bands have that, a person on tour to help them with the phisical pain that comes from a lot of onstage action (Metallica has one).

starvinmarvin said:
I never gave back problems a thought until about 6 months ago, when I strained it very severely. Now it's 6 months later, and it still hurts like hell 24 hrs a day, although I get glimmers of hope more frequently now. I'm only 29, but I feel like I'm 92. I used to be in great physical shape, but now I find walking a challenge. It really sucks.

Kudos to Bono for struggling through it. he must be very tired now.

He's had a back problem for at least a couple of years. I've had it for almost ten, although the causes may well be different. But you're right, it makes you feel ancient. If his problem is half as bad as mine (and that's, I'm sure, not anywhere near the worst there is) then I can't imagine how he is managing. As Edge once said, "He's one very tough little hombre".

And Mr. Brazilian Fly, hang in there. At your age, you are very resilient, and will recover more quickly!

:up:

By the way, Fly, are you making your way up to N.A. for any shows, or are you holdong out hope for S.A. appearances?

I'm going to Paris in July and it just so happens that U2 will be playing there when we get there, so there's a chance of me going to see them in Paris (or in Milan, cause we'll be there when U2 gets there too I think). But geting the tickets is not very easy. I'm not keeping my hopes high in case I don't get to see them and end up feeling bad but we'll be trying for sure. I don't care about the seats. I just wanna see them. *crosses fingers* :up:

TheBrazilianFly said:
I'm going to Paris in July and it just so happens that U2 will be playing there when we get there, so there's a chance of me going to see them in Paris (or in Milan, cause we'll be there when U2 gets there too I think). But geting the tickets is not very easy. I'm not keeping my hopes high in case I don't get to see them and end up feeling bad but we'll be trying for sure. I don't care about the seats. I just wanna see them. *crosses fingers* :up:

Well, good luck with the seats, but I won't feel terribly bad for you if it doesn't work out. Paris :drool:

Poor Bono's back. :( A nice massage and extra TLC from a certain London, Ontario nurse might do the trick :wink: Either that or a lot of Guiness. Rest it after before the 2nd leg my good man!

biff said:
I've had it for almost ten, although the causes may well be different. But you're right, it makes you feel ancient. If his problem is half as bad as mine (and that's, I'm sure, not anywhere near the worst there is) then I can't imagine how he is managing. As Edge once said, "He's one very tough little hombre".

I'm with you back pain or pain in general does tend to make one feel ancient.
I feel for Bono :hug:
Standing on your feet for two hours and doing all the stuff he does when he performs is no bueno at all.

I don't know how he does all of this touring, he must be in alot of pain. I heard on a radio station here in La that he had some type of back surgery already. The media is sooooo confused and so am I. I pray for you Bono to be healthier and stronger than you have ever been. Especially for this long tour going on.

If you're hoping to get noticed in the crowd, wear a t-shirt with the word masseuse plastered onto it. :wink:

ive had back problems for the past 8 years and somedays its just fine and will be fine for weeks or months at a time and all of a sudden it starts up again and lasts a month or more. and in flare ups it can come and go dramatically from day to day or throughout the day.

what type of back problem(s) does he have anyway? disc problem?

the back is a shitty place to have a problem, thats for sure. surgery and meds arent fun either.

now pot on the other hand sounds like it might be :wink:

Poor Bono. :sad: :hug: Back pain is a bitch. The band is touring a year straight without a major break and the years eventually catch up will all of us. If he doesn’t perform like an acrobat so what. If he's on meds and mangles a few lyrics so be it. I've loved every show I've been lucky enough to attend. My advice. Just enjoy it as long as it lasts because one day it’ll all be over and we won’t have Bono to kick around anymore. It’s been five years since their last tour and who knows what the next five will bring not only for the band but each of us. I hope the "golden ears" and others complaining about this tour cut him some slack. He's just a man.

Bono looked pretty stiff last night. Hope he makes it the rest of the tour. I bet alot of people would be pissed if they cancelled some shows.

slimJim said:
Bono looked pretty stiff last night. Hope he makes it the rest of the tour. I bet alot of people would be pissed if they cancelled some shows.
sorry could have said something quite rude then, but i shall stop myself, he'll be fine, from what i have heard he was still doing all his cat moves, and he most defianatley wouldnt have come out for a second helping of vertigo if he was in so much pain

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:
sorry could have said something quite rude then, but i shall stop myself, he'll be fine, from what i have heard he was still doing all his cat moves, and he most defianatley wouldnt have come out for a second helping of vertigo if he was in so much pain

LMAO You've had more than enough verbal abuse this week mate! :wink:

stevec said:

LMAO You've had more than enough verbal abuse this week mate! :wink:
your telling me, i can take it since mr moyes has took us into the champions league ;)

I was in the ellipse for 5/17 (tuesday) and Bono really didn't seem that stiff. At one point he did look at his security (john?) and exclaimed "MY BACK!" but it was funny because I really couldn't tell anything was wrong. He was even the one suggesting the band come back out for the second Vertigo to close out the show. Even during that performance he was jumping all over!

zoo99 said:
Hey remember when I posted this last week and got blasted for it ?, I do.
http://forum.interference.com/t126582.html
well to answer tha question about whats the point in the ellipse, well if there was no ellipse there would be no GA, it acts as an extra barrier, something to do with american laws i guess, because over here in the UK GA is standard and we dont need an ellipse to have it

It isn't a law. It is the experience of the Who tragedy in 1979 when almost 18,000 tickets were sold as GA and 11 people were killed in Cincinnati. Cincinnati banned GA or festival seating and other cities limited its use.

Now, they limit how many tickets are sold, they require wristbands for entry to the GA areas, the open the doors about 1.5 hrs before the show. Stuff like that to control the crowds.

I don't think the ellipse has much to do with anything other than being a different way to interact with fans. The only other thing would be that the double GA area might allow selling more GA tickets than would normally be allowed because of the split areas.

In the UK, is the entire stadium GA or just a small portion of the tickets?

Originally posted by mysticchild
I heard on a radio station here in La that he had some type of back surgery already.

I also heard Bono did indeed have surgery done on his back ... but, how you exercise your back on a day to day basis depends on whether you could live pain-free ... If certain precautions are NOT taken to strengthen the back muscles and keep them strong,
then the pain WILL come back and could even become a chronic issue. This is such a shame that Bono has to deal with this ...
especially while touring. I hope he can get relief from the doctor's
medication ... I wish him well !! :wink:

gossamerLL said:
It isn't a law. It is the experience of the Who tragedy in 1979 when almost 18,000 tickets were sold as GA and 11 people were killed in Cincinnati. Cincinnati banned GA or festival seating and other cities limited its use.

Now, they limit how many tickets are sold, they require wristbands for entry to the GA areas, the open the doors about 1.5 hrs before the show. Stuff like that to control the crowds.

I don't think the ellipse has much to do with anything other than being a different way to interact with fans. The only other thing would be that the double GA area might allow selling more GA tickets than would normally be allowed because of the split areas.

In the UK, is the entire stadium GA or just a small portion of the tickets?
the whole pitch area is GA

Back
Top Bottom