Bono and lipsynching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dr.dae said:
greenslimer is confusing me...
but do you remember bono and edge saying that they fucked up elevation in San Diego ? Listen to the first verse (if you have the mp3s). Bonos words are twisted around in some very unnatural way. Sounds a bit like being sampled and triggered the wrong way...or maybe it`s just me having too much of that green slime...
:drunk: and going :coocoo:

dr. dae, what do you mean?

anyways, i cant seem to find a recording of the entire show from the other night. everytime i try (from some links on u2.com), i get errors or my computer doesnt work it right. maybe its just me.

and look, no, i'm not trying to start any shit with anyone.
i just want to rule out stuff. ive had some questions from before and just really started posting on U2 sites, and started asking them all. sorry.

greenslimer said:

was it just whoos whoos or more, that were pre-recorded?

and how did you get to hear thw different sources? (hoping i understand that one right...)

JUST the "whoohoos" tho as I said, that doesn't mean that he wouldn't still sing over them anyway. Bono is notorious for not doing as he's supposed to - as ya know.

As for the sources, I just mean how the bootleg was recored, i.e., from the soundboard, or the earpiece feed. The earpiece feed is an interesting listen, as you can hear the automated count and the time-keeping beat going into a song.

Honestly, there's no way Bono would lip-synch a concert. Look at Sarajevo in '97 when his voice was wrecked, he STILL sang despite having obvious problems.

S

PS If he'd ever lip-synched, all hell would break loose in here - you'd have noticed :wink:

wheres this one part located on the Best of 1990-2000?

as for the lip-synching thing again, ive read things about him doing so during the (2003?) video music awards or something like that a few times. do they normally do that for shows like that?

greenslimer said:
as for the lip-synching thing again, ive read things about him doing so during the (2003?) video music awards or something like that a few times. do they normally do that for shows like that?

No!

I have watched all (or almost all ;)) tv-shows of U2 the last years. (I'm not the only one here who has.) Certainly not on video music awards or music awards or any other award. Hell! He didn't even lip-synch on TRL. And TRL want everything to be playback.

It's not so hard to understand: Bono does not lip-synch. And, yes, it is his voice. You're not serious about that last one, are you?

beli said:
PS I know greenslimer from another bands site, where she cops it a bit for starting multiple threads about U2. Shes a U2 fan. :up:

You're kidding right? Her starting threads based on their sexuality, whether they have groupies or not, etc. and questioning other things is really a u2 fan? Wow...

She sounds like a shit stirrer to me.

It's a true fact that Bono lipped-synched the whole Sarajevo concert.

U2 were originally the 4 winners of a television show to find a 'new' Irish boyband. A television show hosted by a certain Mr Paul McGuinness. They NEVER met at school.

The name U2 was inspired by Richard Nixon. In his infamous Watergate address to the American public he reportedly said, off the record, "I fooled you too".

Adam Clayton died of an alcoholic binge the night he missed the concert in Sydney '93 and his identical 'separated at birth' twin brother, Joey, was brought in to replaced him - haven't you noticed how 'Adam's' bass playing has greatly improved?

Bono is bald as a coot - this happened after the infamous concert in L.A. '87 when his hair caught fire when using the spotlight during Bullet. He was speedily rushed to hospital, but they only managed to save his eyebrows.

The Edge was born Edwina and had the pioneering sex-change operation in the Spring of '74. Unfortunately, the necessary testosterone level given was way too high and has since resulted in The Edge suffering 'male' pattern baldness. 'He' is still embroiled in an ongoing law suit with the surgeon, a Dr Hemaphrodite.

Larry was reported to have been abducted by an alien species. Obviously, to avoid ridicule, he has kept this quiet, but if you look closely at photos of Larry's right arm you can clearly see a triangular shaped series of dots. The 'rumours' persist that he has developed a forked tongue due to this 'abduction' - this could explain why he insists on appearing tight-lipped and moody in photo-shoots.

And finally, you SHOULD beLIEve everything you read.

ok, this is the last time i'll ask about this.

thats why i was wondering if anyone has ever seen him sing unaccompanied, like doing something accappella by himself.. during an interview, documentary, or in person in a meeting.. and if it still sounded like him?

like during "rattle and hum" theres the part where they are rehearsing in the bus before the outdoor concert, or that BP Fallon thing with him singing on the plane, but i cant find that now...

or something during an interview, etc.

thats all i wanted to ask.

yes, i know i sound crazy. i am not trying to stir shit. i'm just weird and worry over stupid stuff like this.

greenslimer said:
thats why i was wondering if anyone has ever seen him sing unaccompanied, like doing something accappella by himself.. during an interview, documentary, or in person in a meeting.. and if it still sounded like him?

A capella Bono. "Mothers of the Disappeared."

My first audio post! Do the ysi thing...

http://s6. .com/d.aspx?id=346NXH9Q1Z6IX1T3LXXFPF7KRV

I think the word you're looking for is, "boo-yah."

Last edited:
flangerchorus said:
this is the worst idea for a thread ive ever seen

Why? Tis better to ask the questions openly then go around censoring people.

It can be seen that the question was asked, proof was provided, the theory is invalid. (with the exception of the woohoo doubts)

Next.

like during "rattle and hum" theres the part where they are rehearsing in the bus before the outdoor concert, or that BP Fallon thing with him singing on the plane, but i cant find that now...

or something during an interview, etc.

thats all i wanted to ask.

yes, i know i sound crazy. i am not trying to stir shit. i'm just weird and worry over stupid stuff like this.

beli said:

Why? Tis better to ask the questions openly then go around censoring people.

It can be seen that the question was asked, proof was provided, the theory is invalid. (with the exception of the woohoo doubts)

Next.

I think it's the fact that every thread has been about did Bono get a nose job, I think Bono's on drugs, does he sleep with groupies, did he really write these lyrics, etc.

Just like this, she takes a backing track for an intro to a song to mean maybe Bono's never really sung on an album.

She's constantly trying to stir shit and posts cross treads. It just gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom