Bono & Edge talk to Dave Fanning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ramblin rose said:
Wow, it seems like you really have it in for the caravaners (and ebay ticket sellers).:huh:

If I have time later I'm going to track down that long post made a few months ago by one of the protesters. I want to read it again and refresh my memory on their supposed justifications for what they did.

I tried googling it the other day, but I couldn't find it. From what I recall, it was very entertaining :wink:

Doppelgang said:
:| :| :larry: :tongue:
and on top of all that this caravan literly has worked some show lines so they can have the split asap and slid their freinds in line for non presale shows

it would be nice to be able to follow the band like the caravaner's but do they need to add insult to injury?

one comment i heard was that one person would like to follow the caravan just to counter harass them by educating local ga'ers against listening to fake roadie caravaners and i think this thread has helped do exactly that

what shows did this happen at?

i agree the sit down part sucked for the band.
but wow, funny how opinions change here.
a few months back this place was full of people who would attack u2 and defend the "caravan" on this one.
my understanding of the situation (i was not there)--is that what the band did "wrong" was change a policy with no prior notice and no explanation. not everyone who got cut in front of in the boston GA line had been to a dozen shows.
and those people had waited all day in that line. then, at the last second a bunch of people were brought in ahead of them.
of course they were pissed.
i wonder what type of protest bono would have felt was acceptable from these people.
some times people react a little crazy when they are too passionate--i think that is what happened here.

Doppelgang said:
:| :| :larry: :tongue:
and on top of all that this caravan literly has worked some show lines so they can have the split asap and slid their freinds in line for non presale shows

I don't see how this could happen w/o people getting irate. By 4:30 everyone knows everyone around then and would say something to some random who just showed up in line. Yes, I'm sure people abuse the system but this conspiracy talk is a bit out there.:|

well...having witnessed myself and having spoken with people who had read the original posts re boston...should help all you in denial

I dont think anyone is in denial as much as skeptical of what you are saying since you are not providing any actual proof. You have yet to mention any specific dates :|

I thought people were upset in Boston was because there was less space on the floor because of the cameras so fewer people got GA and that allegedly younger, better looking people were pulled from the GA line and put up front for the benefit of the DVD.

dsmith2904 said:
I thought people were upset in Boston was because there was less space on the floor because of the cameras so fewer people got GA and that allegedly younger, better looking people were pulled from the GA line and put up front for the benefit of the DVD.

i think it was originally thought that "pretty people" were brought up front for the DVD. but later it was found out that the band just wanted to give some other fans a chance to be in the front rows. and I do know some of the protesters were pretty cute and when you watch the DVD the people in the front row aren't exactly models (no offense to anybody in the first row), so im pretty sure the "pretty people" theory is not correct.

randhail said:
Someone brought up that you can see Larry be visible annoyed at what was going on the in the dvd. I went back and watched the beginning of desire probably a good ten times and he clearly shakes his head in disgust and then turns his body back toward the band. I felt like I was analyzing the Zapruder film or something. :lol: A pretty sad moment when the pettiness of a few can outweigh the enjoyment of a U2 show.

F**k, you're right. I never noticed that before. Having said that I wasn't even aware of the whole episode 'til I read this thread.

Chizip said:

i think it was originally thought that "pretty people" were brought up front for the DVD. but later it was found out that the band just wanted to give some other fans a chance to be in the front rows. and I do know some of the protesters were pretty cute and when you watch the DVD the people in the front row aren't exactly models (no offense to anybody in the first row), so im pretty sure the "pretty people" theory is not correct.

i concur chip...the band simply wanted to be fair to local fans as well as those following thre band...thus was borne the elipse lottery after the experiment

one thing i love about u2 they take risks and make discernment on the outcomes

you still havent mentioned what shows fans were being shady at on the Vertigo tour

I can't read through 5 pages of this.

the way tickets were handled for this tour is a travesty.

......and how the hell do people get front row tickets for every show?

my head hurts.

Okay, if you want to actually hear the Bono & Edge interview it's up at http://www.rte.ie/2fm/davefanning.html. Listen to the show from today.

If you fast forward to about 1:05 of the interview its the part quoted first in the thread. Its funny to actually hear the words coming out of Bono's mouth.

The whole show seems great they play tunes in between the interview. I haven't finished listening to it but I can tell you it was funny to hear Love you Like Mad being played.

Back
Top Bottom