Bono and bringing up kids during the show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I debated whether or not to get GA's for my 12 year old daughter & myself. She really wanted to. I tried at the presale and asked for best available thinking GA's would come up. I ended up with awesome seats near Edge. I didn't know were were going to be so spoiled with the second presale and couldn't let them go in fear. I'm glad it worked out that way because I don't think she's ready anyhow. Kids get tired of standing for so long and where would they sit for a break? The bathroom point is a good one too.

I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, they're not a Vegas act.

I like Original of the Species because of what it means to me - it may be about his kid, but I don't myself associate it with children when I hear it. I feel like that would reduce it to schmaltz.

Makes me think of that godawful Rod Stewart video from the '80s where he's singing to that homely little boy. Ugh.

Don't get me wrong - I love kids! I really do - I just don't like the idea of the show being either homogenized (e.g. the elimination of the light dancers in Mysterious Ways) or geared toward children. I'm not one of those 'everything for the kids' kind of people, and I'm a teacher. I want my rock shows to be rock shows - and if there are kids there, fine, because I went to rock shows as a kid, but I still want them to be rock shows with as few "awwwww!" moments as possible.

Being around kids all the time makes me really enjoy my time with adults! :wink:

Last edited:
frozenmuze04 said:
I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, they're not a Vegas act.

I like Original of the Species because of what it means to me - it may be about his kid, but I don't myself associate it with children when I hear it. I feel like that would reduce it to schmaltz.

Makes me think of that godawful Rod Stewart video from the '80s where he's singing to that homely little boy. Ugh.

Don't get me wrong - I love kids! I really do - I just don't like the idea of the show being either homogenized (e.g. the elimination of the light dancers in Mysterious Ways) or geared toward children. I'm not one of those 'everything for the kids' kind of people, and I'm a teacher. I want my rock shows to be rock shows - and if there are kids there, fine, because I went to rock shows as a kid, but I still want them to be rock shows with as few "awwwww!" moments as possible.

Being around kids all the time makes me really enjoy my time with adults! :wink:

:applaud:
well said!

Back
Top Bottom