binoculars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcrt2000

Refugee
I'm at the front of section 306 for the third Toronto concert, and from a picture i've seen from a similar view, it looks like its not that bad of a view, but I was just wondering if anyone has taken binoculars with them to a concert and if it was worth it to do so? i was just wondering if this is common, and which type of binoculars to people use

I think it is worth it. Also if it is small enough for your pocket it helps. One of the shows I used it a lot because of the angle of the screen. Another show I still used it but found myself looking at the screens more. So if it is pocket size you can tuck it away and not be cumbersome. We plan on bringing 2 in our group of 4.

I used to have binocs and took them to shows, when i was far away.

AT MSG/ NYC you can rent binocs {which i didn't know till I happened to pass the kiosk), and I did for the post 9-11 u2 show.
I was in about mid-section of what ever section is just above the Loge section. But binocs helped me see even better.

Recommend going to a sporting store to check out various strengths, or calling your venue & seeing if they rent them! Good luck!

Last edited:
I would absolutely positively take binoculars. I am in fact amazed that people don't take binoculars to arena shows regardless of where they sit.

dazzledbylight said:

AT MSG/ NYC you can rent binocs {which i didn't know till I happened to pass the kiosk),

in philly its the same thing...all upper deck seats have binocs under them.

Binoculars?!?!?

Come on people, it isn't the bloody opera!

Why do you think they invented big video screens????

Vorsprung said:
Binoculars?!?!?

Come on people, it isn't the bloody opera!

Why do you think they invented big video screens????

I thought the screens on the Elevation tour sucked and they don't always show what I want to be looking at. I don't have great vision and, like martha said, binoculars put you on stage (or at least in the front row). I want to see what kind of earrings Larry is wearing, what shoes Adam has on, exactly what Edge's fingers are doing, and everything Bono-related. And like martha said, I like ones with a strap so I'm free to move around. I don't take big heavy ones, but lightweight ones. I am really frustrated by not being able to see well and when people are worried about their nosebleeds I just want to reassure everyone that binoculars make your nosebleeds front row seats. But if you don't like them, by all means don't take them and don't ask to borrow the person's next to you either. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom