Best show so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm leaning towards MSG 11/22 being the best, as well... last of all their shows at the garden, and it's a year to the day of the brooklyn bridge show and the world wide release of how to dismantle an atomic bomb

ummm.. the thread is about shows 'thus far'? let's let 11/22 happen before we start reviewing it, eh? :wink:

I've seen 14 this year - 7 Sping and 7 Fall - my 2 cents:

Best - Spring Leg: Boston 5/28

Best - Fall Leg: Chicago 9/20 = New York 10/10 = New York 10/14

I thought 10/8 was easily the worst of the 5 New York shows - which just goes to show how subjective this is.

I've been very pleased with how much better the shows are now than the early months of the tour. I think there is also less variance/more consistency in show quality.

If you just axed the 2nd half of Sunday and the entire Bullet, I think the current show would be as good as Elevation was. But of course that's a different discussion . . .

sv said:
I've seen 14 this year - 7 Sping and 7 Fall - my 2 cents:

Best - Spring Leg: Boston 5/28

Best - Fall Leg: Chicago 9/20 = New York 10/10 = New York 10/14

I thought 10/8 was easily the worst of the 5 New York shows - which just goes to show how subjective this is.

I've been very pleased with how much better the shows are now than the early months of the tour. I think there is also less variance/more consistency in show quality.

If you just axed the 2nd half of Sunday and the entire Bullet, I think the current show would be as good as Elevation was. But of course that's a different discussion . . .

what made 10/8 the worst for you? I went to 10/7 and the crowd was half as energetic IMHO as on 10/8. But then again maybe that's because my girlfriend and I were the only two standing in our section at one point... in the 200's no less.

I thought Bono was rather frustrated on 10/8 because the audience was not quite as responsive. I think that partly explains why he vented at that fan with a cellphone during Sunday Bloody Sunday. I think that rather unprofessional outburst then further diminished his rapport with part of the audience.

10/7 was media night, and U2 as usual were up to it. I thought Bono was really trying (though he also did a lot of kissing up). The first night in New York is always going to be above average for that reason.

But I wouldn't ever let anyone else's "opinion" of a show take away from your own - if you felt it was awesome, it was! I've seen multiple shows in various cities with fans who, like me, had seen U2 many many times - and we often come to different opinions on what the "best" show was.

SV

sv said:
But I wouldn't ever let anyone else's "opinion" of a show take away from your own - if you felt it was awesome, it was! I've seen multiple shows in various cities with fans who, like me, had seen U2 many many times - and we often come to different opinions on what the "best" show was.

SV

case in point! :wink:

I sensed Bono was just more 'in the moment' as he said himself on 10/8 and gave a better performance. I though MS, for example, was much better on 10/8 than on 10/7.

But we're splitting hairs here... any show at MSG has got to be in the top of any ratings list. That place is just second to none in terms of history and 'aura'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom