Best Show: Chicago 3 & 4 and Boston 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sconti

The Fly
Let me know if I'm stating the obvious, but 12 shows into the 2005 Vertigo Tour and it's pretty clear that Chicago 3 & 4 and Boston 3 will be the best 3 shows of the 1st leg (maybe MSG on 5/21 because it's NYC).

It seems pretty clear that the 1st and 2nd shows in any given city are pretty much going to be what we've seen so far. Most of the big surprises on the 1st leg will happen during these 3 shows. What do you all think?

Agreed. If you look at the Elevation Tour, the third and fourth shows in Boston and Chicago are where they really varied up the set.

Does a more-varied setlist mean a better show? Maybe for those not going to the show, but what about those who are at the show?

FullonEdge2 said:
Does a more-varied setlist mean a better show? Maybe for those not going to the show, but what about those who are at the show?

good point. at a u2 show, i dont think the audience really cares what they play, or if it's different from last night's set. but for us bootleggers. . . bring on a new setlist!

sconti said:
Let me know if I'm stating the obvious, but 12 shows into the 2005 Vertigo Tour and it's pretty clear that Chicago 3 & 4 and Boston 3 will be the best 3 shows of the 1st leg (maybe MSG on 5/21 because it's NYC).

It seems pretty clear that the 1st and 2nd shows in any given city are pretty much going to be what we've seen so far. Most of the big surprises on the 1st leg will happen during these 3 shows. What do you all think?

aaack! those are the 3 remaining shows i'm attending on this leg... :hyper: i sincerely hope you are right, but i hope they haven't been jinxed due to so much anticipation!!! :wink: :huh:

WinnieThePoo said:
i don't really care , if the set-list will be *usual * one or not
all we need is a good gig

agreed... if the band and crowd are on fire, then they could play the same old and i'd be ok with it! however, i hope there will be something unexpected at 1 of those 3 shows... especially if it's at bono's bday show. :drool:

btw, i just listened to phoenix 2- i sincerely hope the band is as on fire as they were that night!!! :rockon:

Perhaps I miss spoke by saying "best" show, maybe I just meant to say "most varied" or "special" in terms of set list variation and unplayed songs on the tour thus far. Certainly when the crowd and band is on fire they could play any song and it would great.

Yes, it seems as if this could be a possibility ... since after the
Vancouver shows ... U2 has a week long break BEFORE the Chicago gigs !! (Plenty of time to rehearse other songs!!)

"U2 has a week long break BEFORE the Chicago gigs !! (Plenty of time to rehearse other songs!!)
"

I think chi1 will be a longer show since there will be a nice break for them, I look forward to a extra song or 2

The setlist will be slightly different at Chi 3,4 and bos 4. But which show will be better cannot be predicted. For example:

I saw all 4 Boston Elevation shows in June 2001. The setlist for the 4th show was great, and that show was probably the best U2 show I've ever seen.

On the other hand, I also saw all 4 Chicago Elevation shows in May 2001. In my opinion, the first show was by far the best. The third show, in which 11 O'Clock Tick Tock and Out of Control were played successively, was the weakest overall and Bono seemed to be "coasting" to some extent.

So I wouldn't be discouraged if you're seeing the first or second night of a stand - it could turn out to be awesome.

How about a guest appearance by Bruce Springsteen at Chicago 4...joining U2 for a little ISHFWILF perhaps? I know it's not likely, but it's at least possible. Springsteen is playing a gig in Chicago on the 11th...U2's last Chicago gig is the 12th...Springsteen's next gig isn't until the 14th in VA.:hmm: Perhaps those of you who get a chance to meet the band before the 12th should make the suggestion.:yes:

Last nights setlist was awesome. The only thing to make it better would have been Desire which I dont think they rehearsed at all.

Back
Top Bottom