Besides Ticketmaster (other places to get tix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I've been looking at eBay and they have some good deals actually. It looks like tickets are in favor of the buyer right now.

anyway, I live in NYC so it's hard to buy tickets on eBay since I guess I'm not supposed to buy tickets for more than a certain price for a MSG show.

what other places can I buy tix?

Anyone use ticketstub.com?

I'm just looking for a place that I know I'll get a real ticket. I'll look for the best deal later. I'd rarther pay more $$$ for piece of mind than deal with uncertanity.

where did you buy tickets that you couldn't get on ticketmaster?

thanks.

I guess if you live in New York you can't buy tickets from ticketstub.com

JOy!

I'm talking to myself.

Last edited:
I'm also looking on ebay. It seems to have the best prices compared to web sites that specialize in ticket sales. As long as the seller has a history of selling tickets to other events and has 100% positive feedback I feel confident about the transaction. Now I wish I had bought the 40 dollar subscription and avoided these ridiculous prices from scalpers! Good luck!

no prob... they're a legit company... they do lots of advertising on the local radio stations here in new york. used 'em for sporting events and never had a problem.

it's not actually a broker... it's a place for people to sell their tickets online, similar but not the same as e-bay. sellers are contractually bound to ship the tickets, and will get sued big time by the company if they provide any sort of false information.

Last edited:
good looking on the link, headache. It looks like a good site and the way its organized makes it easy to find what u want. I need Cubs tickets at wrigley.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
no prob... they're a legit company... they do lots of advertising on the local radio stations here in new york. used 'em for sporting events and never had a problem.

it's not actually a broker... it's a place for people to sell their tickets online, similar but not the same as e-bay. sellers are contractually bound to ship the tickets, and will get sued big time by the company if they provide any sort of false information.

Awesome! Here's hoping I can land 4 tix to 11/21 somehow!! :)

So "headache" I guess that means you've bought tickets from stubhub before? Or do you just secretly work for them.

Stubhub and e-bay are the best places to get tickets online. E-bay usually has better prices than Stubhub, but Stubhub is probably a somewhat safer transaction.

I ordered my Boston GAs...$134 each compared to a lot of brokers that have them at $400-500 each.

Of course I have to wait until November to get them shipped to me. Grrr....I want to know that I have them in my hand...NOW!!!!

My October MSG tickets are on their way from Ticketmaster though

servo... why do you hve to wait to NOv for shipping?

clerks said:
servo... why do you hve to wait to NOv for shipping?

That's the e-mail I got that the ticket owner was shipping them November 26th.

stubhub confirmed the deal through e-mail with that date.

should I worry?

I don't think you should worry, I'm just curious if they tell you before you buy when the tickets will ship or do you have to wait till after you purchase tickets to be told when they will ship.

It looks like it's up to the seller.

I assume they are waiting so long because they don't want you to resell them. I can't think of any other reason.

I just would prefer as you to get my tickets right away like I do from ticketmaster.

And I'd be a bit hesitant to purchase tickets not knowing when they would be shipped.

I/my friends couldn't get tix for any of the MSG or NJ shows. :mad: :madspit: :scream:.
It wasn't just the obvious"the odds" factor- all this other nasty stuff was happening that effected their ability to get them [not money, money they had].

So thanks for the extra info Headache:up:. I might try there if i can save up enough. I can not remember what on-line U2 fan-site tix selling hook-up I used 4 post 9-11 MSG shows. But i don't have the 140 bucks i paid {very willingly} last time. :(

And is it your friend who goes the night of the show [which I will do if nothing luck-wise has happened], waits for the opening song to be done and then gets a tix?? I remeber someone here earlier in the year talking about this.

Last edited:
clerks said:
I don't think you should worry, I'm just curious if they tell you before you buy when the tickets will ship or do you have to wait till after you purchase tickets to be told when they will ship.

When the transaction went through, stubhub told me when they would be sent and they are coming fedex.

That's a good idea that they would do it so they are not resold.

I'm still elated that I am going to be on the floor finally.

My friend in Boston is over the moon that we are going.

Back
Top Bottom