BARCELONA - song requests: "Spanish Eyes" and "El Pueblo Vencera"!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTVTOURist

Refugee
BARCELONA - song requests: "Spanish Eyes" and "El Pueblo Vencera"!?

Dedicated to everybody attending the Camp Nou show on Sunday - and mybe those, who want to celebrate the magical tunes "Spanish Eyes" or even "El Pueblo Vencera" live:

So with a lot of people lamenting about the (non-)flexible setlists in Europe at the moment - with one single night following the other - why not simply do something, when you are in the Front of Stage area, especially close to the main stage.
The best advice: Write a rather attractive sign with a clearly visible song request in large, thick letters and show it to Bono.

But beware of three things:
1. You might get no reaction at all from U2
2. Only show your sign from time to time (maximum three times in the whole set) and not for ages, because the ones behind you want to follow the show, too! So be sure that Bono really looks in your direction and light is on you and the audience.
3. If the band decides to play your song, maybe even with you on guitar - you made the night: for your yourself and us others.

Any suggestions for song requests? Well, everybody should request the song, he (she) wants to, but I'd go for 'Spanish Eyes' right from the beginning (the more signs in the audience the better), or even 'El Pueblo Vencera' being the Spanish coda to 'Mothers Of The Disappeared' (a brilliant alternative in Spain to 'Miss Sarajewo').

But maybe you want to surprise us in requesting to play guitar - and surprise the band in playing 'A Sort Of Homecoming' with them. But: With requests like these, don't forget to bring a fotocopy of the lyrics with you - Bono will need them....

Last edited:
Ok people I get your idea....go ahead with it! But don't expect to be successful because U2 simply cannot play anything that they haven't prepared and rehearsed incessantly and, come to think of it, some of the things they have rehearsed they apparently cannot play either (who said Crumbs?). No improvisations....you won't get it. Everything have to be programmed to the last detail on this tour, unless someone in the audience convinces them that he/she can play Party Girl. That's your only chance. :wink:

U2Man said:
Ok people I get your idea....go ahead with it! But don't expect to be successful because U2 simply cannot play anything that they haven't prepared and rehearsed incessantly and, come to think of it, some of the things they have rehearsed they apparently cannot play either (who said Crumbs?). No improvisations....you won't get it. Everything have to be programmed to the last detail on this tour, unless someone in the audience convinces them that he/she can play Party Girl. That's your only chance. :wink:

U2Man...don't forget what happened (or what didn't happen) when Interferencers got together to change things at Amsterdam 3. Are you still upset about yesterday? We were all hoping for you to get a ticket:sigh:

U2 played Spanish Eyes when they last visited Spain, so hopefully they will now too!

WEY HEY HEY!

Yes, and when there are some fans requesting for it with signs in the pit, then "Spanish Eyes" might become true for Barcelona's stadium audience. It would be stunning ...

Mind you, most people in Barcelona are proud Catalans and don't see themselves as Spanish and will tell you that "Catalyunya is not Spain".

So, Spanish Eyes might not be the best choice....?

Do you like opening threads or something? It's the same as " MUNICH Fans! '40' or other requests ..." :eyebrow:

No, it is not – you might read more carefully (*smile*): "Spanish Eyes" would rocks also Catalunya, wouldn't it? So come on - and request it!

zoocelt said:
Mind you, most people in Barcelona are proud Catalans and don't see themselves as Spanish and will tell you that "Catalyunya is not Spain".

So, Spanish Eyes might not be the best choice....?

First of all I think that in Camp nou there will be people from many spanish cities and from over the world. The tickets were sold in many spanish cities and many people from outside Cataluña will attend the show.

I have never heard any Catalan against "spanish eyes". Its all about music, not about political matters. Its a U2 concert, a time for happinness man!

U2 only can have problems if they'll play "macarena" :wink:

U2Spain said:

First of all I think that in Camp nou there will be people from many spanish cities and from over the world. The tickets were sold in many spanish cities and many people from outside Cataluña will attend the show.

I have never heard any Catalan against "spanish eyes". Its all about music, not about political matters. Its a U2 concert, a time for happinness man!

U2 only can have problems if they'll play "macarena" :wink:

I agree with you. They played Spanish Eyes in Barcelona during the Elevation Tour. It didn't seem to me like anyone minded all I hear on the bootleg is the people singing along.:drool:

... and it would be awesome to play the tune "Spanish Eyes" in Bercelona on Sunday. More than 100.000 People singing along "whey hey hey ..." to this B-Side classic - wow, what an idea!

ZOOTVTOURist said:
... and it would be awesome to play the tune "Spanish Eyes" in Bercelona on Sunday. More than 100.000 People singing along "whey hey hey ..." to this B-Side classic - wow, what an idea!
They did it on the Elevation tour... Don't think they'll do it again though...

Neilz said:

They did it on the Elevation tour... Don't think they'll do it again though...

Since the release of Spanish Eyes, they've visited Spain four times on tour and played Spanish Eyes at least once on three of those tours.

So will it become 3 out of 5 or 4 out of 5? I guess we'll just wait and see.

i hope this will not pass. It happened to Barcelona, with the tour PoPMart how much The Edge "The Macarena" started to sing in karaoke. All the stadium of Montjuich, started to scold 60000 persons it and it went whistle how he will never have felt in its life. It had to stop. Catalonia is not Spain
and The Macarena does not have anything of Catalan.
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom