australians... (or anyone really)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
celticbhoy said:
The sporting events are : -
aussie open tennis mid - late january
afl pre-season ( wizard cup ) - march
commonwealth games - march 13-25
melbourne grand prix ( pushed back until april due to commonwealth games )

So it looks like February is free from all major sporting events

Am hoping for indoor , simply because indoor wouls mean about 10 shows , whereas stadiums would only mean about 5 or 6

Call me greedy if you want !!

Axver how was BOSTON ??

Hm, I thought the Wizard Cup was in February, And there's no cricket tours? Well, let's hope February IS free, as that would make scheduling a lot easier for U2. I personally am torn between arenas and stadiums - Boston was INCREDIBLE, the most amazing experience (I've written a lot in my LiveJournal, there's a link in my signature) - but I'd also like to experience stadiums and I firmly believe New Zealand will only get a concert if U2 play stadiums. I think they could break even with a single stadium show in Wellington, while two arena shows (they'd do one in Christchurch and one in Auckland) would make a loss.

Leebonoman96 said:
January 2nd Brisbane Entertainment Centre was the last I heard as opening nite from Acess All Areas. Has this changed and when did it?

Access All Areas published a schedule but there was utterly no confirmation of it.

Has anyone confirmed if AAA's Melbourne dates (6, 7, 9, 10 January) at Rod Laver Arena DEFINITELY clash with the tennis?

It MAY clash with Practice. The open starts on January 16th.

I dont know if a Concert stage would damage the arena to much before the open?....hopefully they can just announce some god dang dates already!

As for no sport in February - while corret you have to realise that the main venues in Melbourne - Rod Laver and Vodafone Arena and Telstra Dome/MCG will be offlimits for approximately 3 weeks prior to the Commonwealth Games. This is to replace some seating, put up all the bunting and decorations, install additional video screens/tv positions and to set up security.

Like the Olympics, the Commonwealth Games are logistical nightmares - thus Rod Laver for instance has a window of 9 days after the tennis and before the CG lockdown - those dates are all booked at this point - hopefully one of these bookers is the U2 promoter - but if not, U2 will not be able to play Rod Laver until well after the CG's - late March, early April.

Back
Top Bottom