Australian Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

How reliable is that information though?

IF the tour goes beyond Portland they will come to Australia. I dont know if its been decided for certain if they are extending the tour. I wont be shocked either way. I hope Australia gets them as they deserve to.

Darn right we do.
And they are very popular here too!

U2FanPeter said:
Anybody know the order of continents? is NZ included?

indoor or outdoor?

u2fp

All we know is Australia is on, I believe indoor, look for the announcement next week.

The 'Pre-Announcement' thread on the Tour Dates forum is the place to be.

I do not think they will do Australia unless John Howard agrees to pledge US 1 billion to Africa. I think Bono's too busy with his political work!

If they do tour Aus, Sydney will probably be first on the list. Then Canberra. Northern territories can forget about it, to be frank. Perth? Probably not either.

Axver said:

I can't wait for you to eat your words.

U2 seem fairly certain to be coming here. Check out the thread on the Tour Dates forum. Some have said that an Australian promoter just returned from the US after U2 signed on the dotted line to tour.

Don't believe everything you read Axver.

I'm hoping they come here too, but I've managed to contact an old friend from my music days who works at U2's label (Island) in London and he has told me that a tour on this side of the planet is far from being a done deal. I've asked him to elaborate but I've not yet heard back from him. When I do I'll let you all know if it's news worth reporting.

Back
Top Bottom