Australia? New Zealand? Japan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some U2 fans bumped into the Edge last week somewhere in LA. Edge said rescheduling takes more time than expected and that some difficulties have to be sorted out before announcing the rescheduled dates.
Obviously Bono was too quick by saying that the dates would be announced soon, but then again Bono is a singer not a manager dealing with promotors, tour personell, support acts, availability of venues, etc.
The band stated that the dates are postponed and they'll be rescheduled. Be patient, You guys will get Vertigo!

Thanks wtonis, I appreciate your input .

I dont generally get angry at things like this as, but all we have heard is speculation.
I am not a mum but I'm a teacher , so to a certain extent can only empathize . I hope the litchild in ? is okay

I actually have more respect for Edge than Bono.
but then a lot of fans were grateful he did the" Enough Rope" interview .

Funny you know I think Bono did hang himself with enough rope!

Cheers and thanks again Wtonis:wave:

trayzee said:
Thanks wtonis, I appreciate your input .

I dont generally get angry at things like this as, but all we have heard is speculation.
I am not a mum but I'm a teacher , so to a certain extent can only empathize . I hope the litchild in ? is okay

I actually have more respect for Edge than Bono.
but then a lot of fans were grateful he did the" Enough Rope" interview .

Funny you know I think Bono did hang himself with enough rope!

Cheers and thanks again Wtonis:wave:
I'll give you everything that you want , except the thing that you want

U2girl said:

Oh and I think that "November, dates to be finalised soon" may have been the state of things at the time. Who knows what has happened since?

I think that's everyone's point... no one knows, and in this case, no news is probably bad news.

We have heard from Edge and Rocko Reedy since that infamous Denton interview, both said they're coming. (as well as the tentative Hawaii date)
It may not be official but it's better than nothing IMO.

Last edited:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19126719%5E2902,00.html

Superstars to rock summer
By NUI TE KOHA
14may06

U2, ROBBIE Williams and Kylie Minogue are set to headline a superstar summer of rock.

Concert promoters have begun booking dates for an A-list trifecta at Docklands.
Williams will do a series of shows in outdoor stadiums in December.

"Robbie Williams will be here this year," promoter Michael Chugg said yesterday.

"I will not comment further."

Chugg is finalising stadium dates for Williams in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.

But Williams may have to fight for stadium space.

The summer tour calendar is filling with superstars.

U2 frontman Bono has reserved two dates at Telstra Dome in November.

"At this point in time, the venue is on hold waiting for U2's go-ahead to announce," an industry source said.

Kylie Minogue is planning to stage her comeback show in Melbourne in November.

Superstars Elton John and Billy Joel are also planning visits early next year.

U2, citing personal reasons, scrapped its Australian dates in March.

Guitarist The Edge's daughter, Sian, was ill.

Bono has said U2 wants to perform the rescheduled shows in November.

But, behind the scenes, underwriters are working hard on insurance matters.

"U2 is restaging a world tour from scratch. This involves a substantial set of expenditures," a U2 insider said.

U2 incurred "several million dollars in costs" for dropping their March dates.

"For better or worse, rock and roll is no longer an art form where you can spontaneously do things," the source said.

"Everything has to be in place."

U2's Australian promoter, Michael Coppel, refused to comment on background issues.

But he said a tour decision from U2 is imminent.

If the tour reconvenes in November, it will be the same show touted in March. US rapper, Kanye West, will support U2.

"The intention is to replay the shows they would have played in March," Mr Coppel said.

"They will be hotter shows because the band will have been off the road for eight months.

"Essentially, nobody will miss out on what they were hoping to see. The bonus is U2 will be energised and ready to play."

Tour plans for U2 and Williams follow Kylie Minogue's wish for a comeback spectacular celebrating her 20 years as pop princess.

Minogue, 37, says her return to the stage must happen in Melbourne in November for family, friends and local supporters.

Tour sources say the shows, postponed while Minogue has fought cancer, will launch a special 2007 tour acknowledging Kylie's third decade as pop superstar and survivor.

Next July marks the 20th anniversary release of Minogue's debut single, Locomotion.

I really hope for the fans down under this is the case, but I have my doubts about it being this year.

Someone on the @U2 forums reported bumping into Paul McGuinness on Thursday and asked about the tour, he was told its "all in place for November".
Another person on the boards reports that an "industry source" said Auckland will be 24th/25th November.
This is all starting to look good, there HAS to be an announcement soon.

My fear is that Japan will get dropped, and that's where I have tickets for.

Does anyone know if ETS (the company I purchased my tickets through) will rebook me to a different venue, if the one I purchased for cancelled? (i.e. could I, say get tickets to Australia instead, or would I have to go through the hassle of trying to get those golden GAs all over again with the added disadvantage that these shows are probably already sold out anyway).

MsGiggles said:

:laugh: :lmao:

We may need to be medicated to get through his set :D

im going to bring a pillow, sleeping bag and ear muffs and have a nap while he is on :D

maycocksean said:
My fear is that Japan will get dropped, and that's where I have tickets for.

Does anyone know if ETS (the company I purchased my tickets through) will rebook me to a different venue, if the one I purchased for cancelled? (i.e. could I, say get tickets to Australia instead, or would I have to go through the hassle of trying to get those golden GAs all over again with the added disadvantage that these shows are probably already sold out anyway).

Why do you people continue to post crap like this? U2 has already announced that all TEN dates that were postponed WILL BE RE SCHEDULED at a later date. Nothing has yet to be announced. Have a bit of patience and optimism, my friend. All 10 dates WILL BE re scheduled and announced soon.

Posts like this only cause people to freak out and heated debate and argument. Rater than ask the general public for their two cents or speculation about ETS, have you contacted them yourself? They will not rip you off.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware theres no rumours for Japan. maycockseans concern is understandable. None of us have had an official announcement. For many people in the regions of the 10 postponed dates we have not seen U2 for 8 or more years (in my case 16 years).

Ernie? Ernie? Where are yooooooooooooooooooooooooou?

Carek1230 said:

Why do you people continue to post crap like this? U2 has already announced that all TEN dates that were postponed WILL BE RE SCHEDULED at a later date. Nothing has yet to be announced. Have a bit of patience and optimism, my friend. All 10 dates WILL BE re scheduled and announced soon.

Posts like this only cause people to freak out and heated debate and argument. Rater than ask the general public for their two cents or speculation about ETS, have you contacted them yourself? They will not rip you off.

No offense Carek, but weren't you getting annoyed yourself when your dates weren't announced?? There's no need to pounce on him. :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom