Audience Participation at Oakland in Nov.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah... try to make the audience look like there's 70.000 people and not 20.000:wink: :p ...and then... only then you may try to "outdo" us...:p

I have tickets to night one. But I haven't a clue what to do. I'll think on it and see what I can come up with. Maybe something red, white, and blue? :shrug:

Back to add: preferably something totally different from what has been done up until now.
Perhaps something sound instead of sight related, which could be done before U2 takes the stage or during the break right before the encore.

Last edited:
I have a somewhat developed idea about what to do, so maybe we can start working on this right away if anyone likes it...

I'm going to the Las Vegas shows first, so I thought I'd start recruiting people for those performances now. If the results were successful, then we could easily do the same things in Oakland a couple of days later.

Check my earlier post about Vegas:

http://forum.interference.com/t135511.html

However, since the Bay Area crew sounds more enthusiastic, I think we can start rolling with this now. I've already got a couple of diehard U2 fans interested, so maybe it will work.

Email me with your real first names and I'll get in touch with everyone during the week to try to get this going. I don't plan on being the "leader" on this, so hopefully everyone can chip in a bit.

It's not a big deal, really, but if we can make it work, it would be something unique in U2 history.

Here's my email:

U2kidz@hotmail.com

Thanks, Nick (Sausalito)

Last edited:
Second back to add: preferably something totally different from what has been done up until now.

Perhaps something sound instead of sight related, which could be done before U2 takes the stage or during the break right before the encore.
The crowd singing a this tour rarely played U2 song.

What else?
There's seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling and tasting.
Hm, only sight and sound make sense in that case.

How about giving something?
Perhaps trying to collect money which U2 can donate to a charity of their choice.
If every concertgoer gives one dollar while entering the stadium, imagine how much money can be raised.

Giving something that's help others that aren't as fortuned as we are (these would work very well with Sometimes you can't make it on your own and the "we got to cary each other"-part of One"

Have every concertgoer bring some sort of medicine/drug which are going to be donated to ???? (which would work well with "Miracle Drug" and the Africa theme - people dying in Africa from preventable diseases, because they don't have access to the drugs we can buy here over the counter)

If we're going for something to see (like all the other crowd actions); maybe something with colored (flash) lights (better to see).

A peace (the circle one: nice "flower power" symbol or the V finger one: V - no more (war). Also V for Vertigo!!) and a heart sign (SF- summer of love) plus the words LOVE and PEACE during "Love and peace" (could also be done during "SBS").

Certain things also depend on what the 3rd leg will look like (song and speech wise)

4U2Play said:
I have a somewhat developed idea about what to do, so maybe we can start working on this right away if anyone likes it...

What's your idea?
Curious to hear.
Why don't you post it?

I wonder where on the internet all the other fan actions were planned. 'Cause it doesn't seem like it was on here.

Cool ideas so far... I also like:

1) a big image of a hand holding up 2 fingers would be great: you've got the "V" for Vertigo, plus it means "peace," and we Bay Areans are definitely a peace-loving bunch.

2) glowsticks. Everyone at the arena would have one, and we'd all turn them on at the same time. we could pass out different colors to different seating sections, and make a rainbow, or cool color patterns.

3) a big image of the peace sign, during "love and peace"

4) "Thank You U2" spelled out in cards would look awesome...

LyricalDrug said:
Cool ideas so far... I also like:

1) a big image of a hand holding up 2 fingers would be great: you've got the "V" for Vertigo, plus it means "peace," and we Bay Areans are definitely a peace-loving bunch.

2) glowsticks. Everyone at the arena would have one, and we'd all turn them on at the same time. we could pass out different colors to different seating sections, and make a rainbow, or cool color patterns.

4) "Thank You U2" spelled out in cards would look awesome...
These things are barely noticable by the band if you want to do this in the GA... Unless Bono would climb to the roof of the stage once again :wink:

4U2Play said:

I'm going to the Las Vegas shows first, so I thought I'd start recruiting people for those performances now. If the results were successful, then we could easily do the same things in Oakland a couple of days later.

Check my earlier post about Vegas:

http://forum.interference.com/t135511.html

However, since the Bay Area crew sounds more enthusiastic, I think we can start rolling with this now. I've already got a couple of diehard U2 fans interested, so maybe it will work.

Email me with your real first names and I'll get in touch with everyone during the week to try to get this going. I don't plan on being the "leader" on this, so hopefully everyone can chip in a bit.

It's not a big deal, really, but if we can make it work, it would be something unique in U2 history.

Here's my email:

U2kidz@hotmail.com

Thanks, Nick (Sausalito)

I have this great idea for the fans in the states....
It goes like this..

What you do is go to the concert and jump around, go crazy, sing and generally look like you are enjoying the concert, how about that?!

(sorry having flashbacks to Elevation Minneapolis. After 2 long flights from hong Kong, I was most unimpressed with the US fans)

All this talk make me wish for something like this to happen in the Miami shows!! I hope all goes well and you guys come up with an amazing plan!!!Good Luck!

LyricalDrug said:

Hmm:scratch: where have I read that before?
Didn't you see a word of what I wrote? :sad:
:wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom