Auckland II Setlist And Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great set list! It will be interesting to see what the changes will be in Tokyo...especially since Saitama Super Arena is indoors and so will not be possible to fly a kite for the final song (perhaps it means there will be a different final song for the Tokyo shows??) I would love to have been there tonight in NZ...safe travels U2.

bono_man2002 said:
They Came, They Saw, The Conquered

Well folks, its been a pleasure bringing you all the setlist.

Main thanks goes to Collian, casue, as Macphisto would say..."None Of this would be possible"...I'm not so sure about the tiny transistors thingy....but :hmm:

I've got us a source for the Japan shows....so I look forward to seeing y'all then.

Especially Lila...cause she's gonna try and be there :wink:

:wave: I gotta run!

Be here for Japan!
2006-11-29 - Saitama, Japan!!

:yawn: (doubtful for me to be there :( )

Did you text message coolian to confirm no LAPOE?

:wave:

WOW, what a change in the set...!!!
Only 2 songs from HTDAAB.... which is very surprising, they used to play between 6-9 songs from HTDAAB....

Best set so far! :drool:

Just came home from shopping and had totally forgotten that the second Aukland show is today, everything is going so quick, it's a great great setlist, closing with One Tree Hill is brilliant, but I am also surprised, didn't think they'll drop Kite as closing song, but then again I guess it will be back in Japan. Thanx as always for providing the setlist, these are exciting times.

Ok, so I thought last night was an unbelievable show, but tonight might have been the best show of the tour for me.

Talk about being on. I can't get over it, I don't know what got into them.

What a show! That blew the first night totally out of the water!

The place just about fell down when Wake Up started. Vertigo rocked the place out.

I missed a snippet during Elevation. I just can't for the life of me remember the song title. Axver will have us sorted though.

Everyone was into ISHWILF. Beautiful Day was again amazing. I was singing Blackbird at the top of my lungs - probably to the suprise of the people standing around me.

Angel was done with Edge and Bono on the B-stage. I saw Dallas bringing out another guitar for Edge and knew we were in for something fun. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone....love.

Bono talked about what his father would have wanted done in a song about him. Was a great laugh. I nearly fell down the stairs when Bad started. That was a very happy shock. Sunday Bloody Sunday was EPIC. It went on forever, no mores several times before Bono pulled a young girl on stage for more no mores. He got an Irish flag off a fan and tied it around his head and had Coexist written on it.

Bullet...the people calling for it to be dropped ought to have been here for it tonight. Wow. As powerful and angry as it has been in years.

Streets tore the house down like it hasn't in years. I can't say anything more than that, it was amazing. After One Bono led the crowd through some woah-ohs.

The Fly. 'nuff said.

Mysterious Ways stole the show again. They can drop Zoo Station if they keep playing Mysterious Ways as it is.

I headbanged through Saints. Bono wore an All Blacks jersey for Saints and took it off to reveal an Ireland rugby jersey for Desire and OTH.

One Tree Hill was as beautiful and emotional as ever. Piss off Lovetown, Vertigo One Tree Hill!

They looked mighty close to playing something after One Tree Hill, Bono hesitated as he was heading for the stairs.

Great night, one of the best this tour IMO (but i'm a little biased)

This was just meant to be a short summation. I've got a longer review planned!

Don't know if it is the best setlist (no Love and Peace or Zoo Station, two of the best songs of the tour IMO), but I'm sure it's been an amazing show. Closing with One Tree Hill a great decision.

Awesome setlist. Makes me realize how much HTDAAB has not stood the test of time in U2's eyes, save a few songs.

The_acrobat said:
Awesome setlist. Makes me realize how much HTDAAB has not stood the test of time in U2's eyes, save a few songs.

I don't take that away from it at all... I don't particularly miss LAPOE, but I'm not sure that the small amount of Bomb songs indicates that the band don't think that album is good enough. Remember, NZ hasn't seen U2 in 17 years - the setlists are going not going to be so Bomb-centric. As much as I love the new One Tree Hill, if it was SYCMIOYO that hadn't been played in ages, and the band busted out a perfect performance of it, I'd be just as moved.

Where's Love and Peace ??? And Kite ?? not sure I liked this changes .......

I mean if it was to drop somethin , they should do it with Bullet or Sunday , not Love

It's curious how " lots of people " said the South American were all about "hits " , but back then there was 6-7 songs per show , Yesterday there was like what , 3 ??? :| :| :|

Back
Top Bottom