Auckland I Setlist and Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanx for the link! What a wonderful song and great performance. You could hear Bono's emotion in his voice. I loved how he removed his glasses towards the end. His voice is very good.

That was great.

Thank you phillyfan26. I was there looking at One Tree Hill from the skytower in March :sad:

I put my show review up under that post section. I hope a local will post a review as well. I'm cursed with the US timezone jetlag, so I'm up before everyone.

Mark

jonnytakeawalk said:
u2 need to mix up the setlists alot more! The only thing different about NZ I show compared with the Aus shows was One Tree Hill

I read that all the time, and i can now say with proof that it doesn't matter!

The show started really late. 9:20 at the earliest. Possible reason for a short set? I didn't even notice it last night, and only knew this morning. I was suprised that everyone in the stadium seemed to know Wake UP meant U2 time.

One Tree Hill has some Maori patterns on the video wall behind them.

People will complain about anything.

If you won lotto, you would sue over the paper-cut from opening the cheque.

If it was raining matronly old parking inspectors and you got hit on the head by Miss World, you would complain about the neck injury.

I like how Bono told the crowd, "someone take some seeds up there [to One Tree Hill, to replace the fallen tree]."

It'd be cool if fans re-planted the tree, as well as the original Joshua Tree.

I live in California... hmmm, road trip, anyone?

:hmm:

bono_man2002 said:

4 From about now.

SOUNDCHECK UPDATE!!!

One Tree Hill (Full Band)
Saints
Yahweh (We Believe)

I got there midway through One Tree Hill. On the way in i heard Walk On coming from somewhere, but it was very definitely off ATYCLB, not a live performance.

COBL right up until after the first chorus.

It was general acoustics music, it sounded at times like Yahweh and at other times like The First Time.

One Tree Hill is one of my fave U2 songs. great to see it appear again. Not a surprise in Auckland though:wink:

:rockon:

Last night was absolutely awesome. I had a blast...great show, great crowd, if anything I think the rain just made everyone, (including the band) more exicted.

Favorites part for me was One Tree Hill (brought me to tears), Streets, Saints, and for whatever reason One really got to me.

Can't wait for tonight!!!!!!

p.s. it was great to hear Kanye say this was the best reception he had gotten so far, the crowd (at least in GA) was really into it...I thought he rocked!!

ramblin rose said:
Last night was absolutely awesome. I had a blast...great show, great crowd, if anything I think the rain just made everyone, (including the band) more exicted.

Favorites part for me was One Tree Hill (brought me to tears), Streets, Saints, and for whatever reason One really got to me.

Can't wait for tonight!!!!!!

p.s. it was great to hear Kanye say this was the best reception he had gotten so far, the crowd (at least in GA) was really into it...I thought he rocked!!

Great to hear from you rose. Was definitely thinkin' about you being there and how awesome it must have been. Feel free to call during OTH if you want :flirt: :wink: (Just kidding! :shifty:)
Are you in GA again? Feel free to text me if you still have my ###

:hug:

I think half of this thread thinks I uploaded that cause I posted the link. That's cool. :wave: :D :p

Just got home from Auskland, could only go to Friday night though.

Absolutely awesome show! The crowd was great even with the rain and Kanye was a good warm up, we all needed to get moving after the downpour :wink: , good performer too.

The emotional double-whammy of OTH and SYCMIOYO brought me to tears. OTH was the best of the night, although it all rocked, bono got very emotional and his voice cracked a bit towards the end. The energy was great and the crowd was very cool.

All in all an awesomely awesome show :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

timothius said:
One Tree Hill, great!

Four Seasons In One Day snippet, best thing on tour! :drool:

Somone must have picked up a copy of Farewell To The World this week. :hmm:

And we got an I Got You snippet at the second show. Best snippets Bono has ever done. :drool:

ramblin rose said:

He wasn't bullshitting either. After the total apathy of the Aussie crowds, especially Brisbane and Melbourne II, I was stunned by the response Kanye got in Auckland at both shows.

Back
Top Bottom