ask U2 to cancel ALL presale tickets!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellow moog

War Child
Did anybody get good seats so far? I want to do a survey

If it's logistically possible, I wonder if U2 would consider cancelling all existing presale tickets (at least for USA) and based on your signon into U2.com, allow you to purchase two tickets of your choice on a first come first serve basis. I think it probably wont as Ticketbastard wont hand over the database of their sales but this really is a con a monumental proportions and im afraid me along with a lot of very long term fans will boycott this tour in protest. That probably about 10 concerts and thousands of dollars in tickets and merchandise in my case. (and the wife)

Like somebody else said. By buying the seats at the back you are fuelling their greed and ignorance and nothing will change without a large body of people making this type of statement.

i got seats which werent exactly the best (Twickenham, right at the back) - but to be honest i really dont care now ive finally got them - i guess im just too tired from the past day's labour of trying to get them

This is taking it a little far now. I don't want to give up my presale seats. I'm just lucky I got seats, even though they aren't very good seats. I'm going to the first Chicago show. When that show goes on sale to the public, it won't take but a few minutes for the entire thing to sell out. This presale sucked, yes. But U2 is just so enormously popular, and these tour dates are sparse at best, and there were just too many people going after too few tickets. That's what this boils down to. Yes, we got fucked by the fan club. Yes, we got fucked by ticketmaster. But the way I see it, you should either try again on Saturday, or just consider yourself lucky to even have a ticket right now.

I got 2 GA to 5/9 in Chicago. I somehow got very lucky b/c the first two times I tried both shows I got crappy seats in the upper balcony. I started typing an e-mail to my sister about how I was :mad: and :( but then I thought I'd try the 9th again for the heck of it - waited 4 minutes - got 2 GA!! :ohmy: :huh:

Acrobat it's the mistreatment that's wrong. I got GA seats for chicago then at the last screen get the 'error processnig your request!' and when my code was swallowed was told to pound sand by Ticketmaster and U2.com over a period of hours before finally I got a useless new code.
I really do think that the VOLUME of people this same scenario happend to deserve the right to those tickets before saturday. I've got the screenprints to prove it and I'm sure a lot of other people do to.

but i still dont think its fair that the people who got tickets yesterday, and now finally got tickets today, should loose them all together

that's why I wanted to now the number of people who got screwed compared to those who got what they wanted.

I was there the exact moment tickets went on sale and sat there for hours trying every trick in the book with all the error messages, etc. I finally had to take 2 $98.00 tickets against the wall in San Diego. I wanted GA. I complained to the service and said I should be given another chance, but all they did was send me a list of the questions and answers listed at u2.com I know people who didn't have to waste hours of their time will get on when it is fixed and get GA tickets easily. I'm happy for them, but it still isn't right. I paid the subscription for a service that gave no service. I asked for another password so I could try to get the ones I wanted, but so far no reply. I really feel I would have made out better going to the box office when it opens to the public.

Welcome to the brave new world of no Propaganda and relying on Ticketmaster presales...lots of us had a bad feeling that this would be handled no differently than any other Fanfire/Ticketmaster presale, and it wasn't. A few good seats, some average seats and a fair amount of crap. They justify it by saying they are offering tickets in all price levels and areas, so they don't release very much of what 96% of those particvipating in the presale are hoping for.
I said a long time ago we were gonna sorely miss Prop when tour time rolled around, and here we are.

The process of getting presale tickets was horrendous. But if the tickets I finally got were cancelled only to start again, the would really fuck me off.

Do not give up the fight. Continue faxing today (I have re-faxed the ones I sent yesterday to both offices).

Principle Management NY : +1 (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: + (353) 1 6777 276

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I am jealous of the people who got tickets, but I'm still happy for them. At least some Interferencers will be enjoying the show! Hopefully I will be joining some of you!

achtung y'all said:
The process of getting presale tickets was horrendous. But if the tickets I finally got were cancelled only to start again, the would really fuck me off.

Uh yeah...I've been on the phone for 2 days just trying to actually get the tickets I bought emailed to me. I don't think so. :p

for the UK earls court show in 92 Your name and post code (zip code for US) was printed on the ticket. This was fantastic in weediung out the touts/scalpers. With today's technology this is incredibly easy. That was 13 years ago!!! it worked!!!!!

if they did that, unless the scalpers had dozens of relatives with the same name(the only people who could use the tickets) they would be eating their liver along with the checkbook!

What's done is done. Simplest solution is to give new passes to everyone. After this weekend's shows sell out announce a Second Wave of shows. The passcodes will be good for the Second Wave OR the third leg (this will dilute demand). Hold a 2nd wave pre sale (hope the passcodes work) and then open to the public the following weekend. It's like Groundhog Day where you get to know what to expect and get to live it right.

For this to work U2 would need to wrest free most of the GAs and quality lowers from the promoters. Can they do this? Are they bound by contracts? U2 has a lot of power. If for some reason U2 cannot procure reasonable numbers of quality tickets for a Second Wave they could promise a new passcode to all subscribers for the 3rd leg. That would placate reasonable fans who understand that they got caught out on this one but want to right when they can.

I think it was 13 shows that went sale yesterday - they are apt to play double (or more) that number of dates. If they can get control of those GAs and (quality tickets in other price ranges) they can fix this snafu. They can.

If impossible legally (and they can't strong arm promoters), they can make good in the fall (which is not contracted in any way). I don't think we've heard from U2 because they want to announce a resolution and be 100% sure they can do it, and do it right.

David

mellow moog said:
for the UK earls court show in 92 Your name and post code (zip code for US) was printed on the ticket. This was fantastic in weediung out the touts/scalpers. With today's technology this is incredibly easy. That was 13 years ago!!! it worked!!!!!

Good idea...bring back Prop, do that method, because obviously this presale did not work. However, cancelling the presale tickets altogether would suck - some people actually got good tickets, and even those with kinda-crappy seats (like me) wouldn't want to risk not seeing the show at all - tix will surely sell out within minutes on Saturday. No point in cancelling the tickets we DID get, unless they trade us all GAs instead.

Back
Top Bottom