arrrghh--msg shirt rip off...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xmarcx

The Fly
SO I shelled out the 35 bucks for this u2 msg special shirt last night....

and now its 19.99 on u2.com!! :(

That totally sucks BUT had you bught it off U2.com it wouldn't be the same. You bought it at the concert so it's still cool even if it cost double. Concert shirts are a rip off period. I do want one of the hoodies they were selling at MSG back in October. I hope they'll have them or somthing similar in Portland. Anyways my Concert T-shirt from New York I bought from a guy on the street. he was selling Tie dyed(spelling?) shirts. Ha! I'll never wear it but they were only 10$ so I bought one. they were official Vertigo Tour shirts but only done up with the Tie Dye style. Hilarious. the exact same shirts only black and white were $35.00 inside the building.

xmarcx said:
SO I shelled out the 35 bucks for this u2 msg special shirt last night....

and now its 19.99 on u2.com!! :(

:yikes:

I would not be a happy camper either.

Hallucination said:
That totally sucks BUT had you bught it off U2.com it wouldn't be the same. You bought it at the concert so it's still cool even if it cost double. Concert shirts are a rip off period. I do want one of the hoodies they were selling at MSG back in October. I hope they'll have them or somthing similar in Portland. Anyways my Concert T-shirt from New York I bought from a guy on the street. he was selling Tie dyed(spelling?) shirts. Ha! I'll never wear it but they were only 10$ so I bought one. they were official Vertigo Tour shirts but only done up with the Tie Dye style. Hilarious. the exact same shirts only black and white were $35.00 inside the building.
I saw the hoodies in Atlanta--$75. But had already spend $115 on two shirts/all the buttons/program/poster. :ohmy:

You think 35 bucks was bad?

Ebay item #7564587817

This just ended right now. No joke.

lindaleeds spent $90.99 (US) for this exact shirt and she'll have to pony up and extra $6 for shipping.

Talk about a kick in the nuts! :ohmy:

So, anyone wanna email her? :wink:

Roland of Gilead said:
You think 35 bucks was bad?

Ebay item #7564587817

This just ended right now. No joke.

lindaleeds spent $90.99 (US) for this exact shirt and she'll have to pony up and extra $6 for shipping.

Talk about a kick in the nuts! :ohmy:

So, anyone wanna email her? :wink:

:eek: Thinks seriously about selling my shirt. :hmm:

On Springsteen's Rising tour, he was putting out shirts specific to each show, not just the stand. His ten nights at Giants stadium each had a number and specific date on the back, he did this for the final Shea shows as well. When I tried getting a number 10 Giants stadium shirt for the last night of the stand, every stand outside was sold out within a few minutes after they opened. There were also none to be found inside as well. Check ebay a few days later for the hell of it and they were already going for $350 bucks with multiple bids and a few days left on the auction. This same thing happened for the last night of the entire tour at Shea. They were going on ebay for about 400 bucks. When I had to go to the laundrymat I actually stood by the dryer the entire time just in case someone who wanted one spotted it in the drum.

I bought t-shirts at 3 of my first big concerts (U2, Aerosmith, and Dave Matthews Band), but now I tell myself that I can get a ticket to another concert instead of getting a shirt. Since going with this philosophy, I have never felt bad about not getting a shirt that might have wanted. Just think, would you want to attend 2 concerts, or 1 with a t-shirt and 2 beers thrown in? I'll take 2 shows any day.

brianh20 said:
On Springsteen's Rising tour, he was putting out shirts specific to each show, not just the stand. His ten nights at Giants stadium each had a number and specific date on the back, he did this for the final Shea shows as well. When I tried getting a number 10 Giants stadium shirt for the last night of the stand, every stand outside was sold out within a few minutes after they opened. There were also none to be found inside as well. Check ebay a few days later for the hell of it and they were already going for $350 bucks with multiple bids and a few days left on the auction. This same thing happened for the last night of the entire tour at Shea. They were going on ebay for about 400 bucks. When I had to go to the laundrymat I actually stood by the dryer the entire time just in case someone who wanted one spotted it in the drum.

this is true... i was at show 10 at giants stadium yet couldn't get a shirt... tried to look on e-bay but the prices were rediculous.

i do own one of those shea stadium shirts though... have no intention of selling it.

as for the u2 msg shirts... fuck that. i wouldn't want to own a shirt of a concert i didn't go to unless a good friend bought it for me as a gift. even then i would rarely wear it. why the hell would i want a concert shirt for a show i didn't attend?

anyone who buys an msg shirt who wasn't there is a sucker in my book.

Can anyone tell me what the writing on the back says?
Although i didnt go to the October shows i went to Mays. If the writing isnt specific to the October shows then i may get one

KEVIN051269 said:
Can anyone tell me what the writing on the back says?
Although i didnt go to the October shows i went to Mays. If the writing isnt specific to the October shows then i may get one

It has all the shows, including May :yes:

i had to buy one. i was there for the 10/7 & 10/8 shows. i bought one then,i told the lady i wanted a xxl ( the u2 fans are getting bigger) . when i got home i found out i only got a xl. that made me mad.

bizkit34 said:
i had to buy one. i was there for the 10/7 & 10/8 shows. i bought one then,i told the lady i wanted a xxl ( the u2 fans are getting bigger) . when i got home i found out i only got a xl. that made me mad.

Sell it on ebay then go to u2.com and buy the xxl. With the extra cash you can buy me dinner. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom