Arrrgghhh Its So Frickin Close

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
jeesus this is getting very tense. its sooooo close guys, a week on monday and thats it, show time, and now u2.com have posted the following interview with willie,

SO CLOSE:

'Comb Your Hair'

With band rehearsals underwayu in Vancouver, Show Designer Willie Williams drops us the odd hint.

Willie, who has been working with U2 since the early 1980's, is also an unrivalled tour diarist and his behind-the-scenes take on life on the road will start appearing on U2.Com shortly.

His day job - designing the show - means he is pretty preoccupied at present. And the other problem is that he doesn't want to give the game away before showtime! All the same he took a few minutes out to drop us some hints and clues as to how it's all going.

How many crew are at work on the new show ?
Seventy five.

Is it going well so far ?
So far so good - band saw it all in one place for the first time yesterday and were very excited. Bono commented he's never heard the crew so excited about a production either, which is rare.

Will the show be very different from the last time ?
Yes and no.....

Can we expect more of Zoo TV, Popmart, or Elevation in the new show ?
I commented yesterday that the spirit of all three of these shows is very definitely present in the building.

Are there songs you are especially looking forward to having in the set ?
Yes yes yes. But I can't tell you what they are. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something bluesy...

Do the crew rehearse the set without the band ?
Yes.

Is that odd ?
Perhaps, but its far less trouble.

Are there particular technological innovations that might surprise audiences ?
Yes. Anyone might end up being part of the show (even if you're in the back row) so wear something smart and comb your hair.

On a scale of one to ten, how nervous are you about it all coming together on time?
Knackered, yes, but nervous ? No, not really. It always comes together on time - it has to. Whatever we've got ready by 8.45pm on March 28th is what we go with. Besides, I can already sense that this show will grow as it goes along.

Does getting a U2 show together compare in any way with getting a show together for any other act ?
No. The combined energy of their vision, music, determination, visual intelligence, humour and ambition is something I haven't seen equalled
anywhere else.

i shave my head, so that's one less thing to worry about.

something borrowed? omg!!111 its da wham song!!!111

something bluesy? when love comes to town?

mikal said:
i shave my head, so that's one less thing to worry about.

something borrowed? omg!!111 its da wham song!!!111

something bluesy? when love comes to town?

something bluesy? love and peace or else :p

Something borrowed? It has to be "Beat on the Brat" by the Ramones. In a combo with Vertigo or Out of Control.

Whatever this tour is, it sounds very unique. Its nice to see the spirt of Zoo TV, Popmart, and Elevation will all be present.

KUEFC09U2 said:
. Can we expect more of Zoo TV, Popmart, or Elevation in the new show ?
I commented yesterday that the spirit of all three of these shows is very definitely present in the building.

Yes. Anyone might end up being part of the show (even if you're in the back row) so wear something smart and comb your hair.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: x10000000000000000

djerdap said:
Something borrowed? It has to be "Beat on the Brat" by the Ramones. In a combo with Vertigo or Out of Control.

I think you're spot on. Beat On The Brat was, after all, included in the original Brooklyn Bridge setlist.

Anyone might end up being part of the show? My guess is that some sort of remote camera will zoom in on people in the audience and put their faces on the big screens for a moment...can you imagine seeing yourself on the huge screens screaming your face off?

ramblin rose said:
Maybe we'll be able to sing "Take me out to the ballgame" between songs.:huh:

LOL, thats great. I like the idea, though, adds something new and I'm excited to hear what it is on March 28.

KUEFC09U2 said:

Can we expect more of Zoo TV, Popmart, or Elevation in the new show ?

Are there songs you are especially looking forward to having in the set ?
Yes yes yes. But I can't tell you what they are. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something bluesy...

Sounds fuckin' awesome!!! :hyper: good to know that anyone could be a part of the show...makes me feel less bad about having nosebleed tickets for Chicago (tho I have GAs for Cleveland - thank you second presale!) A combination of ZooTV, Popmart, and Elevation? :drool: god I can't wait...

Something borrowed...so, you suppose U2's doing a cover of 50 Cent's latest song? :p

well 10 days and we'll all really KNOW what will be happening!! Hehehe, I'm starting to annoy the people at my work, because one mention of U2 and I start to go apeshit.:dancing: :rockon: :dancing: :rockon:

U2Acrobat8 said:
well 10 days and we'll all really KNOW what will be happening!! Hehehe, I'm starting to annoy the people at my work, because one mention of U2 and I start to go apeshit.:dancing: :rockon: :dancing: :rockon:

Might be more like 8 days, if any reports leak out from the dress rehearsal gig next Saturday night....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom