ARe you sneaking your Digicam into a show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2rulesmyworld

Refugee
If you are I have a favor to ask

if you shoot video clips film them in the HIGHEST resolution available(usually 640x480 30fps*). if you cannot shoot video in 640x480 then all digicams with video capabilities will shoot in 320x240.

*fps = Frames per second, important because the video cameras we will be sneaking in shoot 30fps.

Try and shoot clips from throughout the show. Try and make clips at least 15 seconds long.

We will be making an effort to incorporate digicam video clips into DVD's that will be created for all shows.

Currently it looks like almost ALL of the Spring tour will be filmed.

if you shoot any video footage of ANY of the shows please contact me and let me know

If you need any help please email me at u2vertvideo@yahoo.com u2vertvideo (at) yahoo (dot) com

Please refrain from general question about the DVD's or what not, for that info please visit and join www.u2preservation.com

Anyone providing QUALITY high res(640x480) video clips for use with the DVD's we are creating will of course get a copy of that show on DVD and information on getting DVD's to other shows.

Thanks

Michael

Wow, man, I think what you're doing is really great. I always thought, why the f*ck do they always forbid digital cameras along into the show? I think people wanna take cameras into a show for the same reasons they wanna take them along on a vacation; they want to preserve, remember that great experience in their lives. And I know lots of U2 fans want to preserve U2 for the next generation(s). Because Freddie Mercury is not around, and there is nobody like him, today, but he was so exceptionally good of a frontman and a charismatic personality, everybody still wants to see more of him.
Yeah, I would really like to tape the show, I think I'm quite good at it, with several shows experience under my belt and a 500 MB chip, which is good for about half an hour, so it will be snippets, but it will be, in my opinion, the best snippets of the show. The previous shows I taped were non-U2, so you're probably not interested. Also, I don't have tickets for Vertigo, yet. I take GA only, thank you, 'cause I'm all about the action that happens in the sea of people.
But I already have some questions for you. Did you notice that digital cameras always see things darker than the human eye perceives it? Did you also notice the skin of performers glowing like the sun under strong stage lighting? And also, images from my Sony DSC P32 pull strings if the camera moves a lot. I know that's probably a problem of a non-advanced digital camera, and I know I should try to keep my hand as still as possible, but I just wanted your input on it, anyway, if you're so inclined to give it.

i recorded The Unforgettable Fire (cover band) the other nite with just my digicam.. at full quality... the camera pulled out some great video.. if u mess with the frame rate u get that "filmish" effect..
check out my blog
5against1.net
for those Unforgettable fire vids :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom