Are U2.com inept?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E_T

The Fly
Wils Horses made it's debut in Twickenham.
ISHFWILF made it's debut in Manchester.

You'd have thought they'd do their research and realsie that they were wrong on both cocasions. Unless they mean the European leg debut in which case every bloody song made it's debut in Brussels.

Of course they are inept.
My presale code never worked and my email account still doesnt work.
I sent them 5 emails and they havent replied to any of them.
I also dont seem to receive as many mailing list emails as I should.

Silly question.

I wrote to them many times since December telling them of a couple of errors in the exclusives section and errors in the tour dates for 3rd leg PopMart and they still haven't fixed them.

they're too busy to fix the errors because they are hard at work making sure every U2.com member gets their fancy key chain. :wink:

Fano said:
Of course they are inept.
My presale code never worked and my email account still doesnt work.
I sent them 5 emails and they havent replied to any of them.
I also dont seem to receive as many mailing list emails as I should.

I'm in the same situation you are.
Yes they are inept.

StlElevation said:
maybe theyre talking about the european leg debuts

You're right, they probably are. Would it be too much for them to write clearly. Like maybe "WGRYWH made its European debut....."

Do they think that no one is following this tour?

Last edited:
I think the problem with U2.com is that it doesn't have a dedicated staff focused solely on the website. Most of the people who work on the site are doing other stuff within PM or for the tour and such so don't have the time to do a bang up job on everything.

They must have different people writing different things. If you read the actual article/review of the concert they do correctly state that this was the 2nd time WGRYWH was played.

Re: Re: Are U2.com inept?

Palace_Hero said:

Except for ISHFWILF, AIWIY and 'Wils Horses', which made their debuts in Manchester and London respectively.

Get your own house in order before you attack others.

LOL...c'mon, I think it was only obvious that Tom was exaggerating (referring more to the set standards i.e Vertigo, Beautiful Day, etc)...no need to flame for that.

randhail said:
they're too busy to fix the errors because they are hard at work making sure every U2.com member gets their fancy key chain. :wink:

I never got a keychain! :scream:

I think U2.com should just give up and let Interference be the official U2 website :D

for the Brussels show they said UTEOTW had made its Tour debut, u2.com is extremely inept and its quite disappointing this ineptness is what's representing u2 on the internet

Who runs the site? How many degrees of separation are there between the 4 dudes and the guys & gals behind the computers?

If you can fit Kevin Bacon in there, you get bigtime props. Even bigger if you squeeze in Eamon Dunphy.:wink:

U.com is run by a pack of morons who don't even know proper grammar. What in the world is up with 'Running To Standstill'?

Utoo said:
Who runs the site? How many degrees of separation are there between the 4 dudes and the guys & gals behind the computers?

If you can fit Kevin Bacon in there, you get bigtime props. Even bigger if you squeeze in Eamon Dunphy.:wink:

MY DAD LOOKS LIKE KEVIN BACON!!!

that's probably important somehow

AtomicBono said:

MY DAD LOOKS LIKE KEVIN BACON!!!

that's probably important somehow

Now if we can only get him working for u2.com, we just might bring some order to this chaos.....!

randhail said:

*patiently waits for her keychain*

I think I will be waiting a looooooooong time. Of course a friend who joined U2.com AFTER me got her keychain.

Utoo said:

Now if we can only get him working for u2.com, we just might bring some order to this chaos.....!

Well my dad is smart and he rules, so he probably would be a good employee of U2.com, but I don't think he's going to leave his current job :p

so they should have me work for U2.com, I can be the website-to-band correspondent :D

Palace_Hero said:

We all make mistakes.

yeah but we all arent spending 40 bucks for to see Axver's posts

an occassional slip up every once in a while would be acceptable, the amount of mistakes U2.com makes is ridiculous

There is only one difference between pre-2005 U2.com and post-2005 U2.com...

the area in my brain which gets the seisure has moved a bit. ;-)

They have always been completely inept!

Dave

I think inept is a good word to describe u2.com. Someone over there needs to get/buy a clue.(maybe they can use everyone's $40 :shrug: Not to mention the site itself is so completely user un friendly. I never go there.:|

I think that we ought to organize us a good ol' fashioned posse and ride over to U2.com and take care of business.

They are fairly inept, yes, but worse, they are not consumer/customer friendly, and that's a far worse crime.

Back
Top Bottom