Are seated tickets ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prisz25

War Child
I'm planning on getting a seated ticket to a concert on the third leg but I'm worried that I will bother the people around me because I will be dancing and singing like a crazy person(i don't sing loud). Would i have a better experience in GA? Either way I will enjoy myself for sure! I just want to watch out for the people sitting next to me.

There are plenty of dancing and singing people in reserved seats - don't worry (I was one of them during Elevation). If people got a problem with that, they should just stay at home and listen to the CD's. Enjoy yourself prisz25, you'll have plenty of company!

paultjr said:
There are plenty of dancing and singing people in reserved seats - don't worry (I was one of them during Elevation). If people got a problem with that, they should just stay at home and listen to the CD's. Enjoy yourself prisz25, you'll have plenty of company!

Ya don't worry, if people are sitting down at a U2 concert they shouldn't be there. Go have fun!!!:D

Yeah, there will be folks sitting and doing the arms crossed thing...but that is just how some people enjoy shows. I think $160 US allows you a little dancing and singing leeway. Most of the people are very into, especially in the big markets (Chi, NYC, Bos), and if they are not...two words...

Yea i don't know HOW anyone could stay seated I will totally be rockin now matter what but just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to get my head blown off by some person that can't see because they are seated and I'm too busy dancing to notice :wink:

im surprised, when I saw the boys in DC I didnt see one person sitting down, maybe once in awhile to catch their breath :wink:

The whole place was so loud and moving the place was like a sauna. Great atmosphere. I went crazy in the seats at that show, do the same :up:

I prefer a seat just to be able to sit for a few, but I certainly don't hold much against the people around me for getting the most out of their concert dollar/experience. If someone right in front of me wants to groove, please! Do so! That's what you paid for. If that's how you have a good time, awesome! Just don't go flailing your arms at me and everything'll be cool :)

That said I'll be doing my fair share of time on my feet as well. :)

prisz25 said:
Yea i don't know HOW anyone could stay seated I will totally be rockin now matter what but just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to get my head blown off by some person that can't see because they are seated and I'm too busy dancing to notice :wink:

Usually it's only the first couple of rows that stay seated, probably cuz they can SEE whether they stand or not... But if everyone in the rows further back...would stand...then it DOESN'T matter how much dancing, swaying, or whatever you do, because most arenas are elevated slightly (on each row up) so people behind you...can still see the concert. I've never had a problem seeing the concert while standing...nor have I ever bothered people around me, while dancing...usually they're all doing the same...So do whatever...go enjoy yourself at the concert. :wave:

There is no such thing as seated tickets at a U2 concerts... Everybody is jumping, singing and going crazy.. at least that is my experience..

This is one of the factors why I am GAing this time around. Everyone is on their feet all the time unless its to get a little rest. I was in the lower bowl for Elevation and I was blown away by the fact that it felt like GAing. I sat down for maybe 1 minute total and it was only because my wife sat down and I wanted to make sure she was alright. Seriously, when in an arena, there is not a bad seat in the house. This is a fact! :yes:

paultjr said:
There are plenty of dancing and singing people in reserved seats - don't worry (I was one of them during Elevation).

Me too! :D

My parents sat for most of the show...because (their words, not mine!!!) they're old.

No excuse!!! :p :D

take a look at the people in the Boston DVD--it's shocking but TONS are sitting. I cannot imagine staying seated for one second. If anyone yells "down in front" I'm pokin' 'em in the eye :mad:

Roland of Gilead said:
This is one of the factors why I am GAing this time around. Everyone is on their feet all the time unless its to get a little rest. I was in the lower bowl for Elevation and I was blown away by the fact that it felt like GAing. I sat down for maybe 1 minute total and it was only because my wife sat down and I wanted to make sure she was alright. Seriously, when in an arena, there is not a bad seat in the house. This is a fact! :yes:

:yes:

I had seats for Elevation and for the majority of the show, everyone stood :) and if they sat down, it was only for a few minutes to catch their breath :lol:

kellyahern said:

:yes:

I had seats for Elevation and for the majority of the show, everyone stood :) and if they sat down, it was only for a few minutes to catch their breath :lol:

good to know. i have GA for the second San Diego show but was a little worried that I'd feel constrained by a seat the first show--but my God, the tour opener...who can sit????

Back
Top Bottom