Arcade Fire and U2 onstage together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
qhtrinh said:
and i just read in the newspaper why bono was on his knees during the song... he was reading a paper with the lyrics

How does that explain why he was on his knees? Couldn't he have just as easily read the lyrics from a paper while standing up?

I think he was doing it so as not to steal the show from the Arcade Fire (which is completely counter-productive because it makes him seen even greater/cooler in everyone's eyes).

macfesto said:
Arcade Fire are the shit

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean you should insult them... if we've started this thread it's because a lot of us actually like the band. Perhaps you might listen to them before judging them.

To call something "the shit" is actually a slang compliment.

U2 is the shit, yo.

It's a very important "the." :wink:

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

How does that explain why he was on his knees? Couldn't he have just as easily read the lyrics from a paper while standing up?

I think he was doing it so as not to steal the show from the Arcade Fire (which is completely counter-productive because it makes him seen even greater/cooler in everyone's eyes).

if bono were standing up i doubt he would be tall enough to steal the show :wink:, but I wasn't in the ellipse to confirm, but during almost the whole song he was barely looking at the audience.

and standing up while looking at a paper at your feet isn't very rockstar-esque compared to having one knee on the ground and holding the mic stand with one hand, the mic with the other heehee

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean you should insult them... if we've started this thread it's because a lot of us actually like the band. Perhaps you might listen to them before judging them.

:giggle: That's funny you didn't know that.

Back
Top Bottom