Anyone who was sitting in the middle to back row

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samu2

The Fly
How was your experience? did you still enjoy it and could you see them on the stage at all?

I was in the 300's on the side of the stage (1st leg obviously) and yes, I quite enjoyed it, U2 really plays to the back row :up: I was surprised how well I could see the band, I forgot how "small" arenas are...I could easily tell who was who, it's not like they were mysterious dots in the distance. Plus you get to see the light curtains and screens and stuff, so it's all good. However, I am IMMENSELY looking forward to my first GA experience :rockon:

In the arenas you can see the band quite well from the back, the stadiums are much further away. I don't think it helps that the screen is dark, so when it's not lit up you can hardly see the band. Unreserved seats in stadium GAs are excellent. I got seats on Adam's side just opposite the end of the catwalk. Best seats in the house, as you're still close to the great atmosphere on the floor.

Last edited:
I saw the concert in Gelsenkirchen - had GA tickets. I actually felt a bit far away from the stage, even though we were 2/3 into the GA area. A few times I turned my head to check out the back row, and I must say, that was the most active part of the seated stadium. They were much more into it than the people with the best tickets on the sides. So I guess it's all about attitude: If you want to have a blast, you'll have a blast.

Back
Top Bottom