Anyone "talk" their way into the ellipse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultrraviolette

Refugee
I'm wondering if anyone here that was NOT scanned into the ellipse has managed to sweet talk their way into it? Once you were on the floor were you able to convinve the ellipse security to let you in?

yes, let's further discuss the fairness of this system.

i'd really love to hear how people cheated their way in.

The answer is yes-kindda. I read a post last week from a San Diego I fan who got in by just standing by the special ellipse entrance with his girlfriend. The guards let her in first (why I don't know-maybe because she asked or she looked good) then when the found out they were together they let her boyfriend in to.

I highly doubt this will happen. Security not only checks your ticket (it has a special punch-out added for the Ellipse), but also the wrist band. Once on the floor, we were checked three times before entering the Ellipse.

I talked the guard into letting my two friends into the Ellipse with me. Two of the guards kept saying you can only take one very forcefully, but they were overruled by this really nice lady that must have been their boss. It was very nice of her.

I tried to pretend I was a 'third' with these two guys who looked clueless and got scanned into the ellipse. But I believe the U2 security was looking on, and didn't buy it. I tried begging a little. I was a single, wearing my 25 year old U2 shirt, said I had driven a distance, that this was my third show, no ellipse, etc. He didn't care or budge. Arrrrgh!!! If you are solo, I would suggest hanging out outside and try to make friends with another single or try to befriend a duo and if they get scanned, say you guys are altogether, etc. It's worth a shot, who knows. I just felt bad since I was alone, and what would it have killed this guy to let just one girl by herself get in. And it was still early, no one was around, no one would have known. I think the Staples Ctr staff were rooting for me, but not the U2 ones. It's a crapshoot!

if they started letting in three's all the time, then pretty soon it'll be fours and so forth. then the ellipse will lose its appeal. it will be just like on the outside.

icelle said:
if they started letting in three's all the time, then pretty soon it'll be fours and so forth. then the ellipse will lose its appeal. it will be just like on the outside.

In my experience, the ellipse could use a little of the feel outside it's sanctuary. Feels surreal to be able to do pushups or jumping jacks in the back of the ellipse.

H said:
Finding a good looking girlfriend might be trickier than getting into the ellipse as I'm pig ugly.

:-(

LOL already laughing for 15 minutes but its still funny....:lol:

icelle said:

In my experience, the ellipse could use a little of the feel outside it's sanctuary. Feels surreal to be able to do pushups or jumping jacks in the back of the ellipse.

To further add to the subject:

At Anaheim 1 (04-01-05), me and my g/f were at the mixing desk (Floor tix), due to not getting selected to go into the ellipse. During "New Years Day", a member of staff/U2 security walked back there with a stack (I'm talking like 50 or so) of the ellipse wristbands...and handed two out to the couple next to us. I'm "getting down" to the concert when I notice this, and I approach the staff member. He proceeds to hand me and my companion a wristband. After realizing that the couple next to us didn't quite understand what they were, we bolted to the ellipse entrance, and got in with relative ease. We enjoyed the last 3/4ths of the concert no more than 4 people from the stage...

There is PLENTY of room in the ellipse...during a song like "Zoo Station" or "Mysterious Ways", when Bono and/or the Edge goes onto the catwalk portions, the ellipsians (can't think of a better word) will follow them...cmb737 said it perfectly in another post when he mentioned how odd it was to look around you and literally have 5-7 feet of empty space while 20,000 people are bouncing around the arena. Amazing experience if you get in, but really GA tickets give you a great time no matter what.

I guess the moral of this post is to say that just about anything can happen with this new arrangement, and it sure did that night!

Thanks for the input! I know when I was in the heart last tour, I saw several people seemingly sweet talking their way inside, I was wondering if it was going on this tour also

ultrraviolette said:
Thanks for the input! I know when I was in the heart last tour, I saw several people seemingly sweet talking their way inside, I was wondering if it was going on this tour also

this is when i wish i had boobs

jammin909 said:
Is it safe to say that its dumb to stand in line all day with the new system?

No, but it is safe to say that you should read one of the 5 million posts on this topic. ;) Just busting your balls. Have fun at the show.

Back
Top Bottom