Anyone keep the confetti from CoBL?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianh20

The Fly
I was at the Philly show in May, back of the stage, and the few pieces of confetti the flew around eluded me. Stupid question, I know, but maybe a fun one...anyone catch the confetti and how many pieces did you get? :)

I didn't catch any, but at Boston II, I was on the rail and after the show, I asked the security guy if he'd pick some up off the floor for me.

Got three pieces. :)

I don't remember taking it, but when I pulled out my maps of Chicago and driving directions from May to use for Sept 20/21, I found a few pieces.

I made sure to pick one piece of the floor from the first Seattle show on the way out. It's attached to my other souvenir from that show, the piece of paper taped to the wall on the way out.

It says U2, Seattle, Key Arena, April 24, 2005 and has the times listed: doors open, KoL take the stage, U2 takes the stage, curfew, etc.

suz4u2 said:
Took 4 pieces home for my scrapbook from Milwaukee. Goes w/ the great picture that I took.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b206/...DLEY CENTER/?action=view&current=DSC01801.jpg

Your pics were GREAT, thanks so much for sharing them! I was able to share them with a friend who was at the show beneath the Exit sign we see in so many of your shots....she and her friends almost missed the show due to stupid airlines, they flew from San Diego for the show on my friend's birthday and the airline screwed everything up. Then in the haste to get to the show in time they forgot their camera. They'll be sorry they did once we're all done with them. NEVER discriminate against a person in a wheelchair. NEVER!

Anyway thank you for the pictures! :drool:

so far, every show i've been to i've kept at least one piece of the confetti...it goes in a frame with the ticket stub and wristband. *dork*

I kept the stuff from the COBL video shoot in Vancouver. I got one of each. I got round ones and rectangle ones, blue(I think, I'd have to dig them out), red and silver. It was great. I didn't bother with the stuff from the actual concert the following 2 nights though.

Last edited:
I've grabbed a few pieces at each of the shows I've been too. I have a box with a ton of it now :) Once the tour is over, I'm going to figure out something to do with that, my tickets, wristbands, etc.

Chizip said:
youre all dorks

It's true we are. I even have the tags which numbered the rows on the floor durring Popmart. I rushed over a hundred rows durring MOFO and I have the row tags to prove it.:laugh:

Hey U2FanPeter do you mind me asking how much you got for it on ebay? I can't imagine anyone wanting it unless they were at the show.

Last edited:
Anyone keep their earplugs?

Seriously, do the confetti actually have any writting on them? I saw a Black Sabbath one from Ozzfest which actually had thie logo on the paper.

u2fp

Wow...I didn't expect so many responses. Awesome! Fun stuff!

I'm hopin' to catch a few pieces of confetti this Friday night at MSG. :)

WildHoneyAlways said:
I put a few pieces in my bra in Chicago back in May. :shifty:
When I got home that night I had forgotten all about it. It was a "What the?!" moment. :D

:lol:

I keep a piece of confetti and my ticket stub from Chicago in my wallet. I've got my Killers stub there, too.

I picked one up from the ground in Minneapolis...I thought it would be a cool little thing to keep.

Queen Bee said:

are we really supposed to see you with that neon green pointing to you? :giggle:

I have a piece of confetti somewhere. Got mine from loose falling confetti during KoL's set. None really fell anywhere near us...

Chizip said:
youre all dorks

Hey, I'm proud to be a dork. :nerd: I got three pieces of confetti from the May 9th show--2 red and 1 silver. One had actually gone down my shirt, and the other two I'd picked up off the floor after the show. :wink:

Here's what I snagged:

confetti.jpg

Back
Top Bottom