Anyone get a U2 BLINKY LIGHT PIN???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thee Kavorka

The Fly
Anyone see where they were selling those blinky pins w/ "U2//" inside the black and red bulleye's logo??? The guy in front of me said he got it from a vendor in our aisle, but i missed him while getting a beer. His girlfriend put it on her ear. She said it was a magnet. ????

They were cool as sh--!! They looked like the matched the stage during vertigo with those reds lights circling the stage.

Some guy gave me on during the rehearsal, he asked me if I'd wear it to the show. You could see a few of them all across the hall on Monday! My wife was wearing mine. They're pretty sweet actually!

cuneatus2 said:
Some guy gave me on during the rehearsal, he asked me if I'd wear it to the show. You could see a few of them all across the hall on Monday! My wife was wearing mine. They're pretty sweet actually!

I wanted one of those!! I asked the merchandise people and they didn't know!

cuneatus2 said:

He just gave you one...that's cool. Similar lights were $10 on the last stones tour.

I only saw a few tonight. It would be cool as sh-- if every other person had one. Like the crowd can be part of the light show.

I gotta find these things in Anahiem.

tonight's show was much...tighter then last night. sound more dialed in.

I tried my damndest to try and find them tonight too! I was prepared to buy more than a couple of them :mad:

I don't really forsee myself going. I dont have any tickets and I'm not exactly sure I can afford to buy any of the tickets that would be pushed out on the day of.

Cleasai said:
I don't really forsee myself going. I dont have any tickets and I'm not exactly sure I can afford to buy any of the tickets that would be pushed out on the day of.

They pushed out 40 floor tickets this afternoon with no TicketBAstard charge, and an undetermined amount at monday's show.

Thee Kavorka said:
They pushed out 40 floor tickets this afternoon with no TicketBAstard charge, and an undetermined amount at monday's show.

Do you remember what time that was, and were there a lot of people standing in line all day for them?

I don't have tickets for Saturday, and was thinking about going to the arena, but was wondering if people waited all day for a ticket release, or it was just a handful of people at the box office when the tickets were released.

SoCalMusicLover said:

Do you remember what time that was, and were there a lot of people standing in line all day for them?

I don't have tickets for Saturday, and was thinking about going to the arena, but was wondering if people waited all day for a ticket release, or it was just a handful of people at the box office when the tickets were released.

Sorry I'm just getting back to you, but i didn't have access for a few days. They did release some tickets, but not until the early evening.

I saw the some dude with a bunch of blinky lights rockin' out like crazy on the middle of the floor. LOL!!!

I was looking for those blinky pin things tonight in San Jose but couldn't find them. I saw a few people with them on - very few. I'll have to look harder tomorrow!

R8drgurl said:
I was looking for those blinky pin things tonight in San Jose but couldn't find them. I saw a few people with them on - very few. I'll have to look harder tomorrow!

Yeah, i missed 'em again. I saw a bunch of people on the floor w/ them.

I bought one in the SJ1 GA lines for 5 bucks, he said U2 is going to be selling them soon inside the arenas....
Its pretty cool actually, I like mine :)
Has anyone seen pics of San Jose yet? My pics didnt come out :mad:

That's hilarious!

We saw the guy selling them on 4/9 but I didnt buy one. I think I heard him say the blinkies only last for a few hours or something. *rip off*

i got mine in the ga line in sj on 4/9. its a fun little thing to have....but yeah the guy said u2 is going to be selling them in arenas soon....so be on the lookout!!!

Sicy said:
That's hilarious!

We saw the guy selling them on 4/9 but I didnt buy one. I think I heard him say the blinkies only last for a few hours or something. *rip off*

I finally got one of the pins, and it lasted well over twelve hours/ several shows. Also, you can replace the batteries. So, it lasts forever if you take care of it. I wear it during the day without the lights as a regular pin. I think it's pretty frickin' cool. it's magnetic, so you can attach it anywhere.

I too heard the band was going to be sellling them in a few weeks. Apparently, the fan selling them tried to make a deal with the merchandise contractors in the first few days of tour, but they just stole the idea. He even asked if he could be a vendor working for them, and they said "no." He's obviously a good vendor.

It's a shame the Microsoft's of the merchandise world are the only people who can produce and sell liscensed items. Most times, if fans come up with ideas, the band or mechandisers' simply steal the idea becuase the fan has no recourse.

I have no problems supporting a fan spending thousands of dollars to follow the band. And this guy is a fan. I was side stage, and saw him and his lights on the floor rockin' out like crazy the first night in San Jose. He's like a human bobble head. ha! Besides, he's selling them for $5. They sold for $10 on the Stones tour, and I assume they will be the same once the U2 merch get them. Also, i heard the U2 pins will just have a "V" for vertigo, while his say "U2//."

go blinky, go blinky!!!

Thee Kavorka said:

I finally got one of the pins, and it lasted well over twelve hours/ several shows. Also, you can replace the batteries. So, it lasts forever if you take care of it. I wear it during the day without the lights as a regular pin. I think it's pretty frickin' cool. it's magnetic, so you can attach it anywhere.

I too heard the band was going to be sellling them in a few weeks. Apparently, the fan selling them tried to make a deal with the merchandise contractors in the first few days of tour, but they just stole the idea. He even asked if he could be a vendor working for them, and they said "no." He's obviously a good vendor.

It's a shame the Microsoft's of the merchandise world are the only people who can produce and sell liscensed items. Most times, if fans come up with ideas, the band or mechandisers' simply steal the idea becuase the fan has no recourse.

I have no problems supporting a fan spending thousands of dollars to follow the band. And this guy is a fan. I was side stage, and saw him and his lights on the floor rockin' out like crazy the first night in San Jose. He's like a human bobble head. ha! Besides, he's selling them for $5. They sold for $10 on the Stones tour, and I assume they will be the same once the U2 merch get them. Also, i heard the U2 pins will just have a "V" for vertigo, while his say "U2//."

go blinky, go blinky!!!
Here's to you Blinky Man, a Real American Hero.

I got 2 blinkies from a "vendor" in the GA U2.com member line opening night in SD. It is pretty cool and lasted that whole show and the San Diego 2 show. You can change the battery easily with a watch battery I think.

I didn't see many blinky's the 2nd night in phx, but i did notice the poster merch vendors had signs behind there table that said "blinkie."

I saw Blinky Man at the San Jose GA line, thought he was just another bum trying to make a buck off us.

Reading this thread, I have a new found respect for Blinky Man.

U2 should write a song about Blinky Man.

Back
Top Bottom