Anyone Else Feeling Screwed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faithingrace

War Child
How stupid am I? In the past 30 days I have shelled out nearly 1/2 a month's pay on overpriced U2 items. $345 on tickets, $40 on membership, $375 on an IPOD, and $100 on the Complete U2. I am their dream "idiot" consumer or what? Anyone else feeling used and abused?:sad: I love my U2 but the corporate machine seems to have forgotten about us as fans and sees us just as $$$.

Last edited:
There are a ton of people who have not even gotten any tickets yet....like me. I would pay out the butt to have tickets to the show I wanted. I feel so screwed and used....$40.00 for their membership to get the best tickets, so they said. I hope that I will eventually get my tickets. :sad:

clementine_rose said:
There are a ton of people who have not even gotten any tickets yet....like me. I would pay out the butt to have tickets to the show I wanted. I feel so screwed and used....$40.00 for their membership to get the best tickets, so they said. I hope that I will eventually get my tickets. :sad:

Try the general sale. I got tickets today but I'm still going to try the general sale, because I'm sure they'll be better seats than the ones I have now. Since the numbers were so limited today, we all stand a good chance of getting something on at the general sale.

I don't know what I am going to do...well that is besides cry. :sad: I can't believe that this is happening. I wanted 2 tickets to the Chicago 7th show, and I can't do anything. All I am getting is the HTTP 500 Internal Error thing. Oh man am I . Is it Ticketmaster or U2 that has screwed everything up?

Who isn't feeling screwed? Oh yeah, the 100 fans that got their tickets probably feel like they should play the lottery/powerball tonight since they didn't get screwed today.

Glad I spent $40 to become an official U2.com sucker.......

definetely screwed........anyone try msg tix? i went on at 959, got right through and there were no msg standing left.....sent it through again at 1005 and no msg ANYWHERE left! it was a scam and we all bought it. they probably only opened up a handful of tickets and everyone and their mother signed up for the website. looks like it general sale for all!

Both fax #s:

Principle Management NY: (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: +(353) 1 6777 276

Make sure you send your complaint there so they realize how they ruined the band's relationship with its fans.

i'm going to ask a really stupid question but when we bought the membership did they guaruntee that we would definately get tickets in the pre-sale? or a chance at getting better seats IF we got tickets at all then if we tried our luck in the general sale?

i haven't used my code yet cause i'm waiting for the TO shows so i don't really know.

They guaranteed us ACCESS to the pre-sale, which in lawyerspeak, they did deliver on :|

Sweet Tart said:
i'm going to ask a really stupid question but when we bought the membership did they guaruntee that we would definately get tickets in the pre-sale? or a chance at getting better seats IF we got tickets at all then if we tried our luck in the general sale?

This was never really clear but I think all the memberships promised us was a chance at tickets at the pre-sale. :slant:

No, they said TICKETS:
"Priority ticketing for the 2005 tour. You will be able to buy two tickets for any indoor U2 show or four tickets for any outdoor U2 show during your membership term"

That's not ACCESS or an OPPORTUNITY.

Write the Attorney General in your state.
If you paid by credit card, contest the charge since you did not receive all promised services, and the services you did receive were below the promised quality level.

FWIW, that "revolutionary" negotiated service charge is the STANDARD ticketmaster allowance for fan club ticketing. If U2 were really revolutionary, they would have eliminated it completely. If you buy tickets from R.E.M. or Pearl Jam or even, god forbid, Dave Matthews' fan club, you do NOT pay TM charges on the tickets.

neutral said:

This was never really clear but I think all the memberships promised us was a chance at tickets at the pre-sale. :slant:

well i guess there's not much we can do then. pretty shitty deal but i'm not really surprised cause i figured there would be more memberships sold then tickets available.

Paid $40 at U2.com.
The order at TM got screwed.
Lost my code and still no tickets.
:sad:

Last edited:
screwed

actually I got lucky and got 4 tickets for London, I still felt royally screwed when I saw how it cost though!

yeah but those bands don't use ticketmaster for their pre-sales. they contract that out to other companies to sell the tickets on their behalf.

all pre-sales through ticketmaster will have convience charges. that's how it worked when i did the beastie boys pre-sale a few months back.

maybe they should have worded it better. but i would love for anyone to prove to me that any pre-sale includes all tickets in that particular venue. it just doesn't happen...plain and simple.

I got two tickets to the second Boston show... I tried to get the good lower loge ones. The first ones I found were 165 each and further away them some of the less expensive seats - so I retried. 2 minutes later - the best available were in the $95 range and in the balcony. I took them. I'm grateful to have tickets and to be going to the show - but I thought I would be able to get at least 2 really good non-GA tickets since they seem the highest in demand! I miss Prop. :(

I wish u2 was'nt so freakin corporate.
Remember when you could see u2 without having to freak out
over tickets.

edgeboy said:
I wish u2 was'nt so freakin corporate.
Remember when you could see u2 without having to freak out
over tickets.

i wish i could say that cause i dont' remember a time. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom